The "Oscar Selfie" thread

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
The "Oscar Selfie" thread

Because Bradley Cooper snapped the shutter, he OWNS the image.

So, what should he do with it?

An important fact: Every person in the picture needs to give their consent to Cooper before anyone can financially profit from the image.

What are the possibilities?

List your ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
oscar.jpg

I LIKE it!

But back to the thread question...

The first thing that comes to mind is the establishment of some kind of 2014 Oscar Selfie Trust.

A management team would be created to promote and manage the marketing of the image. The individuals in the picture could designate where their share of the profits would go. To charity or to themselves.

And no one would be told what the other individuals did with their share unless they revealed that info themselves.

The higher priced stars will undoubtedly NOT need any monies coming from selling or renting the image for commercial uses.

But Lupita? She's an unknown commodity and every year it seems a newcomer breaks into the Oscar winners club but how many of them go on to a long and lucrative acting career?

Some of those types of actors might derive some amount of mental tranquility from knowing their little selfie photo might one day contribute something to their monthly living expenses.

How much could be generated?

Who knows?

It hasn't yet been tried.

Last edited:
Lemme know when it's transferred onto toilet paper and I'll be happy to donate to the cause.

I look forward to being able to suspend my hatred of their attitudes in order to appreciate their positive traits.

It's a strength I want to develop.

I can hate them politically but why not try to enjoy their artistry and humanity, too?

I don't want to be so controlled by my emotions that I can't keep them separate and under control.

:)

Forum List

Back