The only laws that will disarm criminals, is a TOTAL BAN, followed by confiscation

I would ask you to find ONE TIME that I ever said this

As soon as you point out where I claimed you'd said it.

(yawn)

Back to the subject:
The only law that can have any effect on the number of guns criminals can get, is a total ban on all guns, followed by forcible confiscation of the guns people already have.

And even that will only have as much effect, as the total ban on cocaine we have had in place for decades. How hard is cocaine for criminals to get now?

The leftists know this, of course. And so they only put in place very small, partial bans, such as "machine guns only" or "assault weapons only (without even defining them)", or "high-capacity magazines only", and hope that the frog in the kettle won't notice that the water's getting warm.

Last edited:

So when you said:
(This difference has been pointed out to little closedcaption many times in this forum.

You were just lying?

And either your bullshit is predictable or I'm a psychic. When asked to prove your lies you

backpedal.gif

From a liberal perspective: There are restrictions on other constitutional rights, such as free speech. Why can't there be similar restrictions on the types of guns available?

Honestly, until something happens and a case that directly covers this is taken to the Supreme Court, I'm not sure anything will change. Court cases that guns-rights activists use as support are also used by gun-control activists.

You need to be more specific with your "restrictions".

So when you said:
(This difference has been pointed out to little closedcaption many times in this forum.

As I thought: You can't find anyplace where I claimed you'd said it.

Now go away. Here's a cookie.

Back to the subject:
The only law that can have any effect on the number of guns criminals can get, is a total ban on all guns, followed by forcible confiscation of the guns people already have.

And even that will only have as much effect, as the total ban on cocaine we have had in place for decades. How hard is cocaine for criminals to get now?

The leftists know this, of course. And so they only put in place very small, partial bans, such as "machine guns only" or "assault weapons only (without even defining them)", or "high-capacity magazines only", and hope that the frog in the kettle won't notice that the water's getting warm.

Last edited:
How do we get guns away from criminals?
What's the plan?
Step by step, please.
First we ban them. Then we require that you turn them in. Then we shoot anyone with a gun who isn't in uniform dead if they show up with one.

For those who hole up in their homes with their armory we have a special treat, you and your entire family get to meet Jesus as we bulldoze the place flat.

So when you said:

As I thought: You can't find anyplace where I claimed you'd said it.

Now go away. Here's a cookie.

Thats because you said its been said to me but then again you knew that and lied about it for rep. Rep whore

What's the plan?
Step by step, please.
First we ban them. Then we require that you turn them in. Then we shoot anyone with a gun who isn't in uniform dead if they show up with one.

For those who hole up in their homes with their armory we have a special treat, you and your entire family get to meet Jesus as we bulldoze the place flat.

Okay, any serious plans?

What's the plan?

Step by step, please.

1. Longer wait times on ALL gun purchases
2. Expanded background checks on all gun purchases, even during private transactions
3. Registration of all firearms
4. Mandatory insurance for all guns owned
5. MUCH stiffer penalties for illegal gun possession
6. Convicted criminals, mentally unstable can not own a weapon. Zero tolerance.

You meet all of the criteria above? Then you get to own as much and any gun you want.

Will that completely eliminate gun violence? Of course not, but it will make a noticeable impact.

Last edited:

What's the plan?

Step by step, please.

Easy.....take out a half page ad in every newspaper in America and request they hand them over at the local police dept. :lol:

Actually, it would not be a request. It would be mandatory.

But one of Howard's other lasting legacies is Australia's gun control regime, first passed in 1996 in response to a massacre in Tasmania that left 35 dead. The law banned semiautomatic and automatic rifles and shotguns. It also instituted a mandatory buy-back program for newly banned weapons.

So what have the Australian laws actually done for homicide and suicide rates? Howard cites a study (pdf) by Andrew Leigh of Australian National University and Christine Neill of Wilfrid Laurier University finding that the firearm homicide rate fell by 59 percent, and the firearm suicide rate fell by 65 percent, in the decade after the law was introduced, without a parallel increase in non-firearm homicides and suicides. That provides strong circumstantial evidence for the law's effectiveness.

The paper also estimated that buying back 3,500 guns per 100,000 people results in a 35 to 50 percent decline in the homicide rate, but because of the low number of homicides in Australia normally, this finding isn't statistically significant.

Did gun control work in Australia? - The Washington Post

I'm not advocating this plan, just pointing out what Australia did and what the more extreme of the gun control folks would want to do.

So there is your step by step you requested.

What's the plan?

Step by step, please.

2. Expanded background checks on all gun purchases, even during private transactions

You meet all of the criteria above? Then you get to own as much and any gun you want.

Will that completely eliminate gun violence? Of course not, but it will make a noticeable impact.

Since the criminals in question will ignore all your new laws, what impact will it make, exactly?

The leftists know this, of course. And so they only put in place very small, partial bans, such as "longer wait times"" or "registration" or "insurance", and hope that the frog in the kettle won't notice that the water's getting warm.

Last edited:

What's the plan?

Step by step, please.

Since the criminals in question will ignore all your new laws, what impact will it make, exactly?

So are we discussing this seriously or not? Just let me know.

What's the plan?

Step by step, please.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I can see that increasing regulations on initial purchases would slow things down a bit over time, but I can't get past the old "if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" thing.

There's obviously a problem, I don't own a gun (unless you count the Super Soaker™ in the garage), but I don't see a clear and effective answer to this question.

So are we discussing this seriously or not? Just let me know.

Yep.

The leftists know this, of course. And so they only put in place very small, partial bans, such as "longer wait times"" or "registration" or "insurance", and hope that the frog in the kettle won't notice that the water's getting warm.

What's the plan?

Step by step, please.

Apply your 'rules' to recent mass murderers, which ones would they have stopped?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I can see that increasing regulations on initial purchases would slow things down a bit over time, but I can't get past the old "if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" thing.

There's obviously a problem, I don't own a gun (unless you count the Super Soaker™ in the garage), but I don't see a clear and effective answer to this question.

That's because you don't see the obvious, when guns are outlawed having one makes them an outlaw, and we shoot first and ask questions later.

We only have to gun down a few hundred people holding guns they aren't allowed to own before the word gets out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back