The Onion's editor on Trump and the press

Man oh man! The amorphous "they" has really taken over as the topic of this thread.

In the absence of facts, the right wing reverts to the intellectual safe space of simply saying "they".
isn't "the right wing" a "they" stereotype?

why yes. yes it is.

welcome to your own hate, dude. i hope you enjoy your stay. hell, i also hope one day you'll see the irony behind what you just said.

Man oh man! The amorphous "they" has really taken over as the topic of this thread.

In the absence of facts, the right wing reverts to the intellectual safe space of simply saying "they".

why yes. yes it is.

welcome to your own hate, dude. i hope you enjoy your stay. hell, i also hope one day you'll see the irony behind what you just said.
Funny to watch, ay?

why yes. yes it is.

Funny to watch, ay?
cracks me up -

it's like screaming "ALL YOU LEFTTARDS RELY ON STEROTYPES!"

really?

why yes. yes it is.

Funny to watch, ay?
cracks me up -

really?
"They" don't like the thread, so "they've" been trying to derail it.

The OP mentioned Freedom of Speech, and "they" are not big fans of that.

why yes. yes it is.

Funny to watch, ay?
cracks me up -

really?

THOSE BASTARDS!!! :)

Yeah, Trump is such a buffoon that he's been able to do things in a year Obama couldn't do in 8 years.
Well, there's a separation between temperament and results.

On one hand, a person can be an embarrassing buffoon but ultimately effective.

On the other, a person can be an embarrassing buffoon and ultimately ineffective.

As with most Presidents, we won't know about Trump for sure until a few years after his administration. The rest is nothing more than partisan noise.
So you want to support the opinion of some jack-ass clown who makes a living off of spinning sarcastic yarns about politics.
The Onion is humorous but not exactly a source that one should try to go to to find the unvarnished truth.
Now if you want to explore the vivid imagination of an apathetic smart-ass, the Onion is your place.
Huh? You think people go to the Onion for "the unvarnished truth"?

Are you serious?
Only people living in denial.
Same reason the Daily Show was often quoted by liberals when Jon Stewart was hosting the show.
I think people go to The Onion for the same reason I do, the humor.

The behaviors of politicians, partisans, pundits and politicos are so absurd and silly and over-the-top that they provide a wealth of material, and just BEG for satire, even if they don't realize it.

Which, of course, makes it even MORE funny.
Well maybe you should reassess the type of person you voted for and maybe look for someone who's more serious.

why yes. yes it is.

Funny to watch, ay?
cracks me up -

really?
In their small minds, it is okay to hate the right. Of course, some on the right hate the left.

They can't see the irony.

Well, there's a separation between temperament and results.

On one hand, a person can be an embarrassing buffoon but ultimately effective.

On the other, a person can be an embarrassing buffoon and ultimately ineffective.

As with most Presidents, we won't know about Trump for sure until a few years after his administration. The rest is nothing more than partisan noise.
So you want to support the opinion of some jack-ass clown who makes a living off of spinning sarcastic yarns about politics.
The Onion is humorous but not exactly a source that one should try to go to to find the unvarnished truth.
Now if you want to explore the vivid imagination of an apathetic smart-ass, the Onion is your place.
Huh? You think people go to the Onion for "the unvarnished truth"?

Are you serious?
Only people living in denial.
Same reason the Daily Show was often quoted by liberals when Jon Stewart was hosting the show.
I think people go to The Onion for the same reason I do, the humor.

The behaviors of politicians, partisans, pundits and politicos are so absurd and silly and over-the-top that they provide a wealth of material, and just BEG for satire, even if they don't realize it.

Which, of course, makes it even MORE funny.
Well maybe you should reassess the type of person you voted for and maybe look for someone who's more serious.
Had one been running, I would have considered it.

why yes. yes it is.

Funny to watch, ay?
cracks me up -

really?

Agreed, yet they don't know it. They think they are all about free speech.

why yes. yes it is.

Funny to watch, ay?
cracks me up -

really?
In their small minds, it is okay to hate the right. Of course, some on the right hate the left.

They can't see the irony.
one thing i've always said is that when you see people in stereotypes, it's for your own benefit and you just want to quickly classify someone so you can group them up and commence bashing or supporting.

we're all a lot more complex than that in the end.

Dare to mention Freedom of Speech and the Regressives jump in with claws out.

Mac's little pack of Pavlov's Dogs.

:laugh:

Tio Tomas Mac thinks this guy needs a hug.

images

Dont know if you caught it but This American Life described the apparatus the right wing victimization machine has in place for when folks like the one in your picture are not allowed to speak on campus. The rest of the broadcast is about a specific incident on the U of Nebraska campus but it shows what happens.

You really have to wonder...if this was 1938 and Hitler was coming to the UN to speak and some group wanted to invite him to speak at Penn State or West Point...there apparently would be people here who think that would be a great idea. SMH

I'm nor sure there would be a large demand at colleges for a German speaking politician. :abgg2q.jpg:

why yes. yes it is.

Well, you’re right of course (to an extent). However, like I’ve said before, whenever there is a rampage killing, the left (another “they” I suppose) doesn’t, as a group, blame all Muslims if the shooter happens to be Muslim. The right wing (almost all with standing on the right wing of this board) does. I don’t know the religion of the Santa Fe High School shooter but I’m guessing he wasn’t Muslim because there was no mention of his religion on the board. It’s funny how the one group (almost to a man) will condemn the entire religion in one case but not even mention it in another. I’ll agree that there was some level of hypocrisy in my post.

why yes. yes it is.

Funny to watch, ay?
cracks me up -

really?

Not at all. You’re just not worth the effort. All you do is call people “regressive” as if there was some genius to it. You may as well just start labeling people as “deep state” .

There is a reason I don’t engage Frank or Uncensored much any more; they’ve gone from being decent commentators to being lazy assed bigots. I don’t think you’re a lazy assed bigot; just a lazy assed moron.

Dare to mention Freedom of Speech and the Regressives jump in with claws out.

Mac's little pack of Pavlov's Dogs.

:laugh:

Tio Tomas Mac thinks this guy needs a hug.

images

Dont know if you caught it but This American Life described the apparatus the right wing victimization machine has in place for when folks like the one in your picture are not allowed to speak on campus. The rest of the broadcast is about a specific incident on the U of Nebraska campus but it shows what happens.

You really have to wonder...if this was 1938 and Hitler was coming to the UN to speak and some group wanted to invite him to speak at Penn State or West Point...there apparently would be people here who think that would be a great idea. SMH

I'm nor sure there would be a large demand at colleges for a German speaking politician. :abgg2q.jpg:

Hey, free speech is free speech…maybe we shouldn’t require them to speak English either since we’re not going to require them to not blame the _________ for the condition of the world at large?

i work 80 hours a week, I'm lucky if I catch anything.

The thing is, the people who often get "banned" from campus are folks like Milo or Coulter, who even the Right Wing treats like the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving. When was the last time you saw Coulter on Fox News?

But according to Stormy Mac, the very foundations of free speech are at stake when she can't speak at a Campus that doesn't really want her spewing her hatred there.

As with all things there is a line that isn't drawn by censorship, bigotry or hatred but drawn by prudence. I mean, would you want to give a self-confessed white supremacists 90 minutes to convince your 11th grade son or daughter that they have the correct view on the world? Probably not. Not sure why you'd be okay with it in their freshman year of college or their senior year for that matter.

Seriously?

I wouldn't care.

My kid was already evolved enough in his thinking by the time he was fourteen to understand the difference between nationalism and supremacy, and also to understand that the MSM condemns white nationalism, but apparently has no problem with black nationalism.

Strong minds are independent thinkers, weak minds are influenced by propaganda.

That includes NPR.

There are no, "correct," views on the world, only In-groups and Out-groups. Wouldn't it be better if we integrated to become one big In-group rather than continuing all the hate?

why yes. yes it is.

Funny to watch, ay?
cracks me up -

really?

Not at all. You’re just not worth the effort. All you do is call people “regressive” as if there was some genius to it. You may as well just start labeling people as “deep state” .

There is a reason I don’t engage Frank or Uncensored much any more; they’ve gone from being decent commentators to being lazy assed bigots. I don’t think you’re a lazy assed bigot; just a lazy assed moron.
Oh my, more personal insults. Perfect, thanks as always. You folks are certainly consistent in your nastiness and hatred.

And as a gentle reminder, here's the guy who coined the term "Regressive Left". Why do you hate Muslims? I do love shoving this down your throats.
88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif~original

why yes. yes it is.

Well, you’re right of course (to an extent). However, like I’ve said before, whenever there is a rampage killing, the left (another “they” I suppose) doesn’t, as a group, blame all Muslims if the shooter happens to be Muslim. The right wing (almost all with standing on the right wing of this board) does. I don’t know the religion of the Santa Fe High School shooter but I’m guessing he wasn’t Muslim because there was no mention of his religion on the board. It’s funny how the one group (almost to a man) will condemn the entire religion in one case but not even mention it in another. I’ll agree that there was some level of hypocrisy in my post.

Actually, I have noted several times that all of these mass shooters hold a commonality in not being raised w/o any sort of faith and they seem to all be irreligious/atheists, and tending toward nihilism in their social media activity.

why yes. yes it is.

Actually, I have noted several times that all of these mass shooters hold a commonality in not being raised w/o any sort of faith and they seem to all be irreligious/atheists, and tending toward nihilism in their social media activity.

iceberg legitimately called me out on something. I wanted to explain the context that stemmed from a conversation I and the OP had yesterday when I was being tangentially accused of saying whites were oppressing muslims.

why yes. yes it is.

Funny to watch, ay?
cracks me up -

really?

Oh my, more personal insults. Perfect, thanks as always. You folks are certainly consistent in your nastiness and hatred.

And as a gentle reminder, here's the guy who coined the term "Regressive Left". Why do you hate Muslims? I do love shoving this down your throats.
88_zpsvwqhlsnf.gif~original

Okay.
As I said, not worth the effort. Thanks for proving my point.

Forum List

Back