Zone1 The old "we've had bad popes before but they are still valid popes" argument- best answer I've found

• Banned
Is this an exception to the Papal Infallibility rule?
not sure I understand the full implications of your Q (as you do). But let's just take the case of the pedophile scandal/crime: It only makes sense that since such serious sins by clergy came on the scene in a big (no, monstrous) way only AFTER 1958 (which is when the Sedevacantists say the Church was taken over by non-believers/communists, etc), there is something hideous going on in the (purported) Catholic Church aka the Vatican. . and I've already said what that is: the Vatican was wrested from true Catholics in 1958. It was taken over by commies and liberals. So why is it so surprising that children are being molested, others are being sexually used and abused... and I could list other egregious crimes/sins.

But Catholics are resistant to believe that this has indeed happened. They keep thinking that they can disagree w/ Francis on this and that, and it still doesn't mean... what I just said.. doesn't mean the Chair of St Peter is vacant (sedevacantism means the Chair is vacant.. we have no valid pope).

They are illogical, to say the least. If you are a true Catholic you believe the pope (a real one) is infallible. Jesus prayed for the first pope, the Apostle Peter, that his faith would not fail and that once strengthened, he would be able to strengthen the other 11. That means that all popes and all bishops (the 11) in perpetuity have been prayed for by Jesus Christ Himself. Obviously, what Jesus asks of the Father, the Father gives Him. All has been given to Christ... so this means that all popes and all bishops since Day One have a special charism and that charism is what makes their teachings infallible. It is Jesus who makes a pope infallible-- Jesus alone. When you see something like what is going on now in the Vatican today, namely a supposed pope teaching heresy... you can rest assured that that man is NOT the pope but an imposter. The devil is sneaky... He knows how to accomplish this kind of thing: take over the very Church Christ founded and make it appear to be His Church in some ways but at the same time... not

Last edited:
  • Banned
Where are all the Catholics now?

that one guy brought up how we've had bad popes before but that doesn't mean they are not popes and now we hear crickets.

figures. He wasn't an honest broker, I'm thinking.............

• Banned
JESUS prayed for the first pope, the Apostle Peter, that his faith would not fail and that once strengthened, he would be able to strengthen the other 11. That means that all popes and all bishops (the 11 & continuing) in perpetuity have been prayed for by Jesus Christ Himself. Obviously, what Jesus asks of the Father, the Father gives Him. All has been given to Christ... so this means that all popes and all bishops since Day One have a special charism and that charism is what makes their teachings infallible.

:)

Forum List

Back