The old bowl system produced more legit NCs than the BCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
With the old system - the voters could look at the entire landscape after the bowls -and vote for who they think is the best team

With the BCS - you are locked into 2 teams for the NC.

How bout last season - Alabama vs Texas - yuk

Tell TCU this season they couldn't compete with Auburn or Oregon.

I for one would prefer a no-bullshit 16 team playoff.

Tough all over. The last 3 teams chosen for a 16 team playoff would be marginal anyway - and likely lose in the first round. But you get the best teams playing for the NC on the field .

No diff from the last teams getting into the Big Dance in basketball.

The BCS is illegal on anti-trust basis anyway -should be struck down in the courts.

Just like Obamacare (mandatory health insurance is unconstitutional)

Last edited:
With the old system - the voters could look at the entire landscape after the bowls -and vote for who they think is the best team

You come up with the most ASININE crap I have ever seen. And btw...MOST OF THE NATION quite enjoyed the NC game last year. Can't help it if you are a sour puss.

You come up with the most ASININE crap I have ever seen. And btw...MOST OF THE NATION quite enjoyed the NC game last year. Can't help it if you are a sour puss.

Colt McCoy goes down in first series - Bama races to insurmountable lead while Gilbert gets his footing.............

probably the worst ever bcs nc game

The founder of the BCS was an SEC guy - this Kramer or Cramer.

No wonder the SEC has won the past 4 NCs - hope Auburn makes it 5 - hate Oregon. Entire system weighed in favor of the SEC .

SEC is overrated.

Last edited:

Colt McCoy goes down in first series - Bama races to insurmountable lead while Gilbert gets his footing.............

That's right. BAMA put him out. Way it goes. We put out 2 Q/B in our bowl game last weekend.
You're pretty much just a sour puss...a Notre Dame loser sour puss. Get over it.
SEC RULEZ!
Lots of good teams out there....but many of them come from the SEC...live with it...

Go make another thread about Notre Dame please. I am waiting with baited breath.

The founder of the BCS was an SEC guy - this Kramer or Cramer.

No wonder the SEC has won the past 4 NCs - hope Auburn makes it 5 - hate Oregon. Entire system weighed in favor of the SEC .

SEC is overrated.

Why...he play in each too? :lol::lol:

I think Auburn will win...period. But, I won't be pulling for them. :eusa_hand:

That's right. BAMA put him out. Way it goes. We put out 2 Q/B in our bowl game last weekend.
You're pretty much just a sour puss...a Notre Dame loser sour puss. Get over it.
SEC RULEZ!
Lots of good teams out there....but many of them come from the SEC...live with it...

Go make another thread about Notre Dame please. I am waiting with baited breath.

1964 - 9-1 in Ara P first season (got screwed at USC) should have been #1
Slam dunk NCs in 1966, 1973, 1977, 1988

#2 in 1970, 1989, 1993 (GOT SCREWED in 1993 - mopped up on Florida State)

toyed with so-called Canes in recent bowl game

dont want to mess with them going forward

Who were those imposters against Navy and Tulsa???????????

ND defense was tough and agressive against USC and the canes.................................

Congrats to Eastern Washington. Won the FCS championship the right way - advancing through a playoff system, and then beating Delaware in the title game , coming back from a 0 -12 haltime deficit to win 20-19. Joe Biden sure sounded smug at halftime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back