The official Palin Book Club-

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Maple, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    USMB members, I am in the process of reading her book, it is fascinating. I started yesterday afternoon and was so captivated that I could not put it down. I am within 100 pages of finishing. I thought it would be interesting to discuss her book with others who are in the process of reading it or have already finished.

To all Liberals or Palin haters- if you have not read her book or have no intention of doing so, stay off of this thread. It will prove to only humiliate you as others who have actually READ her book will be able to disprove any liberal talking point that you might make.

One point of criticism that I have heard over and over again is her lack of experience. After reading this book it is clear that she had much, much more executive experience, common sense etc. than anyone who was in the running. Going after big oil and winning reducing taxes in Alaska, cutting the budget and demanding that fraud and corruption were cleaned up. It's a great read and certainly answered many of the questions I had about her. She also talks a great deal about growing up in Alaska and how different that can be from growing up in the lower 48.

To the READERS of her book, what's your opinion?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    Buy me a copy and I will read it. I am not going to buy it though.

3. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,221
    The Audacity of Hope is finally in paperback.

Maybe I might buy that piece of shit just so I can use the quotes to ruin every libs arguments here. It is a goldmine of inside information about Obama.

4. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Reading this sentence really made me think of the difference between Palin and Obama because in her book I bet she never mentions the word Marxist or terrorist to describe her friends and associations. I bet her priest never says "God damn America" and come up with crazy theories why the black man is having genocide committed against them.

I think America will vote for her 2012 simply because they want a normal person in the white house.

5. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    No comments on the book???? C'mon, I know people are reading it, that's what I intended this thread to be about, the book, not someone's opinion, but actually what she has written in her book.

For instance, why they shoot wolves in Alaska is because the wolves over populate and kill off the caribou. The native Alaskans eat the caribou, it is essential for their survival, there is not super Walmart on every corner in Alaska. She is a hunter too, and grew up eating moose and caribou, that is very much a part of the Alaskan diet.

6. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Before the debate with Joe Biden- Palin's convictions throughout this book about faith and God: example

" I wasn't nervous, but I could always use some divine inspiration, so I looked around for someone to pray with before I walked onstage. I spotted Piper in the corner, still sipping my pop.

" Come here and pray with Mama, Pipe," I said. No surprise for her; all my kids were used to my praying through life's roller-coaster ups and downs and competitions.

Piper walked over and we clasped hands. She looked up at me with her sweet, round face and freckle-dusted button nose. " Okay, Mom, what should we pray?"

I wanted to say that we should humbly seek the Lord's strength before I explained to 44 million viewers why they should vote for John McCain. I wanted to say that my heart's desire was that our Lord would guide my words in a way that would be truthful and honoring to Him.

But I said, as simply as I could, " Just pray we win the debate."
    She drew a deep breath. " Mom! she said. " That would be cheating!"

Piper is 7 years old. LOL Page 294 and 295.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  7. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    The beauty queen thing was done to pay her tuition for college. Some semesters she and her friend had to skip because they had to earn money to go back to college. She completed her degree in 5 years. She did many things, fishing for salmon was just one of the many ways she earned money to go to college.

She still wears her $35 wedding ring.

8. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Wait...she prayed to God! That should piss off the left.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,379
    I've been waiting for the movie

Who do you think they can get to play Sarah?

10. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568

I am sure it will.:lol::lol::lol: