The Official 2014 Winter Olympics Thread

Ha Ha. Ashley Wagner stole the U.S. figure skating spot, when she fell two times in the qualifying for the Olympics. She took the spot from another U.S. skater that came in third. Ashley came in fourth. And now she is complaining that the Russian that got the gold fell twice, and she was cheated. What a whining bitch. What goes around comes around.

Nagasu did get robbed of her spot.

It seems the 'sport' of figure skating is more fixed than pro wrestling and old school boxing combined.

The one thing I've noted while viewing the Olympics is the limitations placed on what they can show. Every once in a while, they slip up and you can see small audiences and stadia with lots of empty seats.

We also don't see the athletes complaining about how poor the snow is for the skiing and snowboarding events. Because of condition, there've been far too many accidents and too many of those have been serious.

It will be interesting to read and listen to what is said about these games AFTER the closing ceremony. :eusa_whistle:

The one thing I've noted while viewing the Olympics is the limitations placed on what they can show. Every once in a while, they slip up and you can see small audiences and stadia with lots of empty seats.

We also don't see the athletes complaining about how poor the snow is for the skiing and snowboarding events. Because of condition, there've been far too many accidents and too many of those have been serious.

It will be interesting to read and listen to what is said about these games AFTER the closing ceremony. :eusa_whistle:

After the closing ceremony (maybe mere hours after) Russian forces will be rolling into the Ukraine, so that will probably be talked about more.

And.................there goes the hockey gold. Canada again, dammit!

Canada is going 4 for 4.

The women have won gold in hockey and curling, so they've done their part. The men won gold in curling. Now, the men have to do their part by beating Sweden Sunday morning.

Go Canada!

you have to give credit to the Russian engineers. with their innovative designs they have made it very convenient to borrow some toilet paper if your dispenser happens to run out

sochi-olympics-0.jpg%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D375

you have to give credit to the Russian engineers. with their innovative designs they have made it very convenient to borrow some toilet paper if your dispenser happens to run out

sochi-olympics-0.jpg%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D375

But if you go with your pants up, you're going to need more than toilet paper.

I always see spoiler after spoiler online and I have no desire to watch NBC's 'primetime.' NBC needs to get with the f'ing times and put stuff on demand online right after it occurs. They're such f'ing morons.

Let me know how it goes, I am finding the Olympics, winter and summer less interesting every time they compete.

Not sure why, anyone else feel this way?

Could it be because the US isn't winning everything? I've heard that Americans only like watching sports which they always win because nobody else plays like baseball and what you call football.

Canada is going 4 for 4.

The women have won gold in hockey and curling, so they've done their part. The men won gold in curling. Now, the men have to do their part by beating Sweden Sunday morning.

Go Canada!

Go Sweden! (Me)

Go Canada! (Three of my grandchildren).

I'm in a win/win situation.

Forum List

Back