The Obomanation's economy ..Arch Coal Files for Bankruptcy Company seeks to cut $4.5 billion in debt

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
WSJ Online ^ | Jan. 11, 2016 7:56 a.m. ET | Peg Brickley
Arch Coal Inc., one of the U.S.'s largest coal producers, filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Monday in a bid to trim $4.5 billion in debt from its balance sheet to counter decreased demand and falling prices for its products. The St. Louis-based company said it had a restructuring agreement with lenders that hold more than 50% of its $1.9 billion in first-lien debt, one that offers some recovery to unsecured creditors. In broad outline, Arch is proposing a debt-for-equity swap that would leave most of the company in the hands of the first-lien lenders, while unsecured creditors owed billions...

Flashback 2008: Obama Promised To 'Bankrupt' Coal ...
dailycaller.com/.../flashback-2008-obama-promised-to-b...
The Daily Caller
Aug 3, 2015 - In 2008, Obama said that under his energy policies would “bankrupt” anyone who wants to build a coal plant.

How many THOUSANDS will be thrown out of work..... Time for you UNION MEN to think about the DemoRATS and their agendas!

Coal was very, very good to me, it pretty much bought our home through trading, Patriot Coal was a gem to trade on, lots of movement and one could make a ton of money trading on the swings. The good ole days

I see China is scaling back on coal also, as a matter of fact it has been leveling off. China has seen what the heavy usage of coal has done to it's citizen's health and China's environment.
China’s Coal Consumption Has Finally Decreased
Coal is drifting towards the category of energy of the past, it's had their hay day and people now realize what a hazard it it is to one's health and what it does as far as poisoning our water and air.
Coal's Assault on Human Health | PSR
The decline of coal, is a good thing.

I see China is scaling back on coal also, as a matter of fact it has been leveling off. China has seen what the heavy usage of coal has done to it's citizen's health and China's environment.
Coal is drifting towards the category of energy of the past, it's had their hay day and people now realize what a hazard it it is to one's health and what it does as far as poisoning our water and air.

Except China actually used 17% more coal than the Chinese government claimed, it threw a wrench in the globull...errr "climate change" talks

Except China actually used 17% more coal than the Chinese government claimed, it threw a wrench in the globull...errr "climate change" talks

You'll notice, I use links. Could you supply a link or two.
Thanks.

You'll notice, I use links. Could you supply a link or two.
Thanks.

I had one from Barchart but can't find it, NY Slimes will have to suffice

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/04/w...than-reported-complicating-climate-talks.html

Coal was great........until the full cost came due....now that producers and consumers can no longer shift the externalities onto the public, coal will likely go the way of whale oil....

That's just economics, it has nothing to do with Obama.

• Banned
Coal was great........until the full cost came due....now that producers and consumers can no longer shift the externalities onto the public, coal will likely go the way of whale oil....

You heard it from NeedleDickTheBugFucker here first...fucking FORGET what the Manchurian muslim said about coal in 2008...this fucking idiot is now the premiere economist of the world....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:..my sides hurt!

BTW, aren't the consumers THE PUBLIC?

It's too bad West Virginia hasn't diversified it's economy. It's always better to diversify than to put all your eggs in one basket. It's called thinking ahead.
Secondly, doesn't the respiratory health of the children and health of their rivers and streams that people get their drinking water matter?
In a previous post, I left a link; Coal's Assault on Human Health | PSR Read it. There are hundreds of articles about coal's effect on human's health by medical experts along with others dealing with, animal and ecological health. There are some things more important than money.

It's too bad West Virginia hasn't diversified it's economy. It's always better to diversify than to put all your eggs in one basket. It's called thinking ahead.
Secondly, doesn't the respiratory health of the children and health of their rivers and streams that people get their drinking water matter?
In a previous post, I left a link; Coal's Assault on Human Health | PSR Read it. There are hundreds of articles about coal's effect on human's health by medical experts along with others dealing with, animal and ecological health. There are some things more important than money.

I'd bet you are also a believer in MMGW! There are also new technologies that have made coal friendlier to humans!

[PDF]Environmentally Friendly Process to Make Coal-Based ...
https://www.sri.com/sites/.../sri-coal-to-liquid_0.pdf
SRI International
Chemical Science and Technology. Laboratory, SRI ... Friendly Process to Make Coal-Based Liquid Fuel. SRI International ... SRI's new process uses natural.

A quicker, easier way to make coal cleaner | MIT News
news.mit.edu/2008/ecofriendly-coal-1117
Nov 17, 2008 - Construction of new coal-fired power plants in the United States is in ... in chemical engineering and the Technology and Policy Program.

New technologies reduce environmental impacts of coal ...
www.engineerlive.com/content/22603
Engineer Live
Feb 21, 2013 - These new technological breakthroughs make it possible for new and older coal-burning power plants to produce power in an economical and ...

You heard it from NeedleDickTheBugFucker here first...fucking FORGET what the Manchurian muslim said about coal in 2008...this fucking idiot is now the premiere economist of the world....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:..my sides hurt!

BTW, aren't the consumers THE PUBLIC?

Don't confuse this with the HomeEc you studied at the Voke, Vag.....

Your sides hurt?

One might think it would be your uvula, given the pounding it's taking from Matty Drudge....

Forum List

Back