The Obamacare Supreme Court Decision Thread

Did the Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare please or displease you?

• Total voters
But Democrats wrote the law that taxes the hell out of the middle class and the poor.

Oh, but it was for their own good, right?

I thought obama said his law would not be a tax? Why did he raise taxes on the middle class when he said he wasn't?
Hey nancy do you know what is in your's obama's and harry rieds law that you forced on the American people?
A TAX
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU]Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It" - YouTube[/ame]

The Dems originally wrote it as a tax and changed it to a "penalty" to get reluctant Democrats to get on board (plus giving them bribes, lol). They knew what they were doing but had to hide it from the people.

I thought obama said his law would not be a tax? Why did he raise taxes on the middle class when he said he wasn't?
Hey nancy do you know what is in your's obama's and harry rieds law that you forced on the American people?
A TAX
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU]Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It" - YouTube[/ame]

The Dems originally wrote it as a tax and changed it to a "penalty" to get reluctant Democrats to get on board (plus giving them bribes, lol). They knew what they were doing but had to hide it from the people.

Yep and I hope those who they represent remember this when they have less money to spend for the basics of life. While obama is out playing golf.

The decision is supposed to be announced early Thursday June 28.

Many people seem to think it's a fait accompli that the SC is going to overturn the ACA that Congress passed two years ago. Maybe, maybe not.

Considering that a lot of people are emotionally invested (to say the least) in the Supreme Court's ruling, as opposed to being intellectually invested in the merits (or lack thereof) of Obamacare, it seems to me that many people will either be extremely elated or furious beyond words at the court's decision if and when it does or doesn't turn out the way they expect and want it to be decided.

This thread may serve as a place for people to vent their frustration if the court makes a majority ruling that runs contrary to their views.

In my view, either way I'm going to have mixed feelings. I can't believe the mandate to buy insurance is constitutional which is what a Supreme Court decision should be based upon. On the other hand, there are a lot of things to like about the Act and it will be a shame to see it cast aside because part of it is unconstitutional. So if it remains intact; the Constitution (as I read it) is violated. If it is repealed, we lose a good law based on this archaic document written by men who likely would be the first to wonder why we're still living under a 200+ year old document.

I think they would be quite pleased that we do, AND that over the years, we have used their perscribed method for making changes.

Why do you say that?

The Founding Fathers gave us a document, written in fairly simple language the common man could understand. They meant it to last, but provided a cumbersome method to amend it. This cumbersomeness is not by mistake. Were it simple to amend, it would be 10 times the size of the healthcare bill by now and just as impossible to decipher.

If there were a business still operating under a 200 year old model and you owned stock in it; you'd want to fire the board pretty quickly. If you're watching this from another planet, you're rolling around laughing at us.

In no way am I suggesting that we trash it and start over; merely suggesting we make a pact to update the document every 50-75 years. According to a strict interpretation of the document, we wouldn't have a space program. We wouldn't have been able to buy the Louisiana Territory.

To borrow a phrase from The West Wing; it was written in .357 times but we now live in a 44 caliber world.

Forum List

Back