The nuke option the democrats put in place last year. Not such a bright idea after all

Sep 12, 2008
The dems put in the nuke option last year to prevent reps from delaying bills. The shoe is on the other foot now.

All those bills sitting on Reid's desk can get presented for 0's signature in short order, and the dems shot themselves in the foot on this one

I hope the republicans pass a budget!!!!

A budget that rebuilds America into the largest economy this planet has ever seen. Rebuilds education, science, infrastructure!

Let's see Obama veto that!
Of course he will.

The question is, will the media still be compliant and protect him?

The majority party hates filibuster until they become the minority party. I hope McConnell releases information about the 3,000 bills submitted by congress intentionally stalled in the senate by Harry Reid. The joke is that Reid's senate is the "legislative roach motel". Bills check in but they don't check out.

I hope the republicans pass a budget!!!!

A budget that rebuilds America into the largest economy this planet has ever seen. Rebuilds education, science, infrastructure!

Let's see Obama veto that!

That is one of the bills Obama can't veto. It only requires a 51 majority vote, not 60, as many others. :thup:

All kinds of legislation can move faster because of Reid getting rid of filibuster rules. I think this is delicious.

Except for those things prescribed by the Constitution requiring a 2/3 vote, it is up to each Congressional session to confirm, amend, and submit their own rules. Those rules are enacted by a simple majority. In other words, each house will determine how things are done as soon as the new members are sworn in.

I bet the back room wrangling is going to be something else!! :50:

Don't worry...john mccain will screw it up by scrabbling together just enough morons to restore the filibuster for the democrats to use against the Republicans

he is an idiot like that....

The dems put in the nuke option last year to prevent reps from delaying bills. The shoe is on the other foot now.

All those bills sitting on Reid's desk can get presented for 0's signature in short order, and the dems shot themselves in the foot on this one

Actually, the Nuclear Option ONLY applies to appointments. Other bills can be filibustered.

It also makes no sense for McConnel to expand it if Obama is just going to veto stuff, anyway.

Forum List

Back