"The Notion of Sarah Palin Being President

Sarah Palin has become a very emotional issue for a lot of people and the fact that she is not very smart is lost on those who are not very smart themselves... bwgd?

As far as the OP, I agree... I have been praying for Mitt to make a wise choice...praying that he doesn't pull a McCain a choose someone who solidifies the base but loses the rational middle. He needs to choose someone that people wouldn't be afraid to see a heartbeat away...

Romney is going to have the same problem McCain had.

When the establishment is done shoving him down the throats of a GOP Rank and File that don't want him, he's going to have to kind of throw them a bone.

McCain's problem was never Palin. McCain's problem was McCain. He was the comprimise candidate because Romney was unacceptable to the Christian Right and Huckabee was unacceptable to the Wallstreet Bloodsuckers. But no one was ever thrilled with him.

Romney's problem is Romney. A large part of the GOP simply doesn't want the guy. And no pick for veep is going to put lipstick on that pig.
Your post is 100% correct. I personally believe from all that I have read that we will see a brokered convention and Palin will enter. There is a strong grass roots movement that the media isn't reporting that wants her to enter the race. I think she could whip Romney and Santorum and persuade their delegates to come to her. Romney just doesn't have that charisma that she has and he damn never talks patriotic love for country like she does that I have noticed lately. Her son reenlisting for the military is a plus to.

Last edited:
Sarah Palin has become a very emotional issue for a lot of people and the fact that she is not very smart is lost on those who are not very smart themselves... bwgd?

As far as the OP, I agree... I have been praying for Mitt to make a wise choice...praying that he doesn't pull a McCain a choose someone who solidifies the base but loses the rational middle. He needs to choose someone that people wouldn't be afraid to see a heartbeat away...

When the establishment is done shoving him down the throats of a GOP Rank and File that don't want him, he's going to have to kind of throw them a bone.

McCain's problem was never Palin. McCain's problem was McCain. He was the comprimise candidate because Romney was unacceptable to the Christian Right and Huckabee was unacceptable to the Wallstreet Bloodsuckers. But no one was ever thrilled with him.

Romney's problem is Romney. A large part of the GOP simply doesn't want the guy. And no pick for veep is going to put lipstick on that pig.
Your post is 100% correct. I personally believe from all that I have read that we will see a brokered convention and Palin will enter. There is a strong grass roots movement that the media isn't reporting that wants her to enter the race. I think she could whip Romney and Santorum and persuade their delegates to come to her. Romney just doesn't have that charisma that she has and he damn never talks patriotic love for country like she does that I have noticed lately. Her son reenlisting for the military is a plus to.

:lol: Keep dreaming! Sarah should have run if she wanted to run. If they ever tried to inject her into a brokered convention without a single vote even being cast for her, the GOP would be nationally scoffed at, all the way to solidifying 4 more years of Obama... It's not even an arguable point so don't even bother. See how much support Ron Paul has yet without many actual delegates in hand, for a realistic view of "grass roots" support...

And Joe, if the GOP rank and file don't want him and the Dems don't want to go against him, then WHO do you suppose is shoving Mitt down our throats...???

Despite the spin of those who have not been witnessing his campaign or listening to his public appeals to voters in speeches across the country, Mitt has won votes and delegates from the actual voters who have voted for him. WHY? Because he is the superior candidate! People want Mitt Romney to lead America back to prosperity!

Romney-2012-Petition-Moral-Deploy.jpg

so now we are suppose to care what some LOSER that ran a campaign that helped lose the Presidency says..

Like a Vice President does a hell of a lot...Just look at Joe Biden..:badgrin:

Just look at Lyndon B. Johnson. President Kennedy planned to withdraw from Vietnam after securing the 1964 election. LBJ Americanized and escalated the war in Vietnam. It was a death sentence for almost 60,000 young Americans and millions of Vietnamese.

"In the final analysis, it is their war. They are the ones who have to win it or lose it. We can help them, we can give them equipment, we can send our men out there as advisers, but they have to win it—the people of Viet-Nam—against the Communists."
President Kennedy - CBS Interview, September 2, 1963

Mitt has never run a business.

Santorum (Google him!) has never run a business.

So I guess it's not that important to you guys.

Mitt has never run a business.

really?.....well you had better talk to Dean and Bobo and a few others around here Synth...they have said many a time that he did and fired people,fucked their pensions and sent jobs to China....who is telling me the truth?......i gotta know......

What's your definition of running a business? I think it means dealing with suppliers, dealing with employees, dealing with payroll, dealing with day to day operations.

Do you really think Mitt has ever done any of that at Bain Capital? Do you think any of the partners did? I don't. They hire competent managers who do it for them.

Does Mitt deserve a reputation as a brilliant businessman because he hired people to run his operations? If you think so, then the question is: who is he going to hire to run the country?
hey im not the guy you are supposed to be asking that question too.....

:lol: Keep dreaming! Sarah should have run if she wanted to run. If they ever tried to inject her into a brokered convention without a single vote even being cast for her, the GOP would be nationally scoffed at, all the way to solidifying 4 more years of Obama... It's not even an arguable point so don't even bother. See how much support Ron Paul has yet without many actual delegates in hand, for a realistic view of "grass roots" support...

And Joe, if the GOP rank and file don't want him and the Dems don't want to go against him, then WHO do you suppose is shoving Mitt down our throats...???

Despite the spin of those who have not been witnessing his campaign or listening to his public appeals to voters in speeches across the country, Mitt has won votes and delegates from the actual voters who have voted for him. WHY? Because he is the superior candidate! People want Mitt Romney to lead America back to prosperity!

Yea and Hillary was getting all those votes until a unknown came it as well as I remember. Mitt doesn't have a chance of being the nominee. Another candidate will be drafted at a brokered convention like Eisenhower was.

Keep drinking the Koolaid, Val.

Romney is barely winning against patheticly bad opponents because he's able to outspend them 5-1. He rarely tops 50%. Even in a state like Virginia, where they cheated and kept everyone else off the ballot, he struggled beating Ron Paul. Poll after poll shows that voters aren't happy with any of these guys, which is why talk of someone like Palin jumping in at a convention still gets traction (although it's highly unlikely.)

Seriously, this GOP nominating contest is kind of like watching the Special Olympics. Unless your Corky's mom, it's just kind of painful and cringe inducing to behold.

The Democrats can't wait to go up against Romney. They can't wait to trot out every person Bain Capital ever downsized. They can't wait to run clips of him being unable to stand up to Rush Limbaugh.

What people?

A few hard core Republicans who think he can beat Obama?

Sorry, Mitt is a joke and if he should happen to win it would be nothing more than the fourth straight Bush term, fourth straight failed Presidential term.

Can we survive a fourth?

Immie

That doesn't mean they get the right to slander her! She didn't run for President, so what is the point of Schmidt's obvious personal vendetta? To try to destroy her, because she couldn't pull of a miracle and get McCain into the whitehouse in a VERY Democratic year!

Also I stand by my this. I wouldn't and don't want to see her as President (nor her male equivalent in Santorum), but she is a FAR better option than Joe Biden (or dare I say Obama)!

of the United States is..... "

unacceptable?

That was Steve Schmidt just now on Morning Joe... and HE isn't saying that the portrayal in Game Change was wrong.

He also says that we need to start making Vice Presidential choices for actual considerations like can this person step into the job rather than for political considerations like what group does this person help with?

FWIW, he thought John Edwards was ill-equipped for the big job, too.

What people?

Sorry, Mitt is a joke and if he should happen to win it would be nothing more than the fourth straight Bush term, fourth straight failed Presidential term.

Can we survive a fourth?

Immie

No way. What we can't survive is kicking the national debt can down the road for four more years. Mitt is a proven leader and successful executive whose message has drawn real people across the country to vote for him in the primaries, despite the establishment spin that he is such an awful candidate... The media can't even bring themselves to write one positive headline for the guy, it's amazing.

Smaller-Smarter-Simpler.jpg

Smaller, Smarter, Simpler Government | Mitt Romney for President

What people?

Can we survive a fourth?

Immie

No way. What we can't survive is kicking the national debt can down the road for four more years. Mitt is a proven leader and successful executive whose message has drawn real people across the country to vote for him in the primaries, despite the establishment spin that he is such an awful candidate... The media can't even bring themselves to write one positive headline for the guy, it's amazing.

I don't agree with you.

Mitt has proven no such thing. He would be a fourth straight spendaholic President and we simply can't afford another, not that we are being given a choice.

Immie

Can you blame them for not wanting to talk about Joe Biden?

Immie

Says the person trying to switch the subject from Palin to Biden in a Palin thread?

No one is switching anything.

We're nearly two hundred posts into a dying thread. Just holding a conversation.

Funny, RGS, predicted you guys would not want to talk about your own VP.

Also, Palin and Biden go hand in hand. They both are playing major roles in today's politics and but for a few million votes, Palin would be VP and Biden would be an also-ran. Biden holds the position that Palin strived for and is just a heartbeat away from the Presidency. Yet your side calls Palin every name in the book, while refusing to discuss the very pertinent problem we have as a VP.

Immie

Did I say something wrong here? You are switching the subject from Palin to Biden in a Palin thread. Thats a fact, whats the problem you have with me saying it?

You can say they go hand and hand but they dont. Bidens career and experience outweighs Palins 10 fold.

Try to deny that you are switching the subject from Palin. Then claim that anyone who doesnt want to talk about the subject YOU change it too is scared. C'mon son. The "Whadda ya Chicken?" routine doesnt work.

Poor Sarah will NEVER run for office again.

Bring up Palin and its like throwing a fresh steak into the dog kennel. The libs hit it every time. Fun stuff.

What people?

Can we survive a fourth?

Immie

I don't agree with you.

Mitt has proven no such thing. He would be a fourth straight spendaholic President and we simply can't afford another, not that we are being given a choice.

Immie

However, when Mitt took over as governor in Massachusetts, he balanced a budget that was headed for a $3 billion dollar deficit which is huge for a small state. He did raise corporate taxes a bit as they were very low and dramatically raised a lot of state usage fees which most conservatives don't have a problem with wihile lowering some other taxes though probably not as much as he suggests. But through a combination of raising taxes, eliminating waste, and spending cuts, he balanced that budget.

The only fly in that ointment that I can see is Romneycare which has not delivered as promised as large one-size-fits-all programs like that almost never do. But he has pledged on his honor not to impose anything similar on the USA and will do what he can as President to roll back what has already been done.

Big spender? I'm not seeing it.

Says the person trying to switch the subject from Palin to Biden in a Palin thread?

No one is switching anything.

We're nearly two hundred posts into a dying thread. Just holding a conversation.

Funny, RGS, predicted you guys would not want to talk about your own VP.

Also, Palin and Biden go hand in hand. They both are playing major roles in today's politics and but for a few million votes, Palin would be VP and Biden would be an also-ran. Biden holds the position that Palin strived for and is just a heartbeat away from the Presidency. Yet your side calls Palin every name in the book, while refusing to discuss the very pertinent problem we have as a VP.

Immie

Did I say something wrong here? You are switching the subject from Palin to Biden in a Palin thread. Thats a fact, whats the problem you have with me saying it?

You can say they go hand and hand but they dont. Bidens career and experience outweighs Palins 10 fold.

Try to deny that you are switching the subject from Palin. Then claim that anyone who doesnt want to talk about the subject YOU change it too is scared. C'mon son. The "Whadda ya Chicken?" routine doesnt work.

First, I didn't mention Joe Biden first, I replied to a post by RGS so you were wrong if not downright deceitful (I'm hoping you were just wrong) when you claimed it was me who highjacked the thread. Again, read the thread.

Second, who are you trying to fool with your statement about an imbecile like Biden outweighing Palin's career.

Finally, The person who started the thread has also commented upon what she intended the thread to be about. Since you don't appear to have actually read the thread let me point out something for you:

I already sais that joe biden would have made a good president. he just lacks a certain charisma. perhaps if RGS wasn't interested in stamping his feet,, he'd have seen that.

on another note, my o/p was intended to make the discussion about how we pick our politicians, not a shred on palin...

but the palinistas can't help themselves... so terrified are they of anyone pointing out that palin wasn't up to the job (remembering i said steve schmidt said edwards wasn't either) that they tried to turn it into a defense of sarah... which made the responses take on more of an anti-sarah content than dealing with the actual issue.

but then again, you'd have to acknowledge there WAS an issue to actually talk about it.

You might also check out post #94 and #130 before you accuse me of being the one who changed the subject.

Immie

Forum List

Back