The News That You Don't Hear: COVID-19 lockdowns are killing thousands of Americans

The shutdown nazis have been accusing those opposed of want people to die. However, just as many have said, the shutdown is also killing people.

The hysteria drummed up by the mainstream media over COVID-19, in conjunction with the draconian lockdown measures being employed by many governors, is costing thousands of American lives. In light of horrific job losses and a crashing economy, calls to suicide hotlines are up over 40 percent nationwide. Although an increase in suicide calls does not necessarily translate to an increase in deaths, the fact that 132 Americans die by suicide daily is concerning. A 40-percent uptick would mean an increase of 53 deaths per day, if the calls indeed correlate to suicides. This translates to 1,590 deaths per month.
Heart attacks are a major problem as well. Harlan M. Krumholz, a doctor at Yale New Haven Hospital, recently published an article in the New York Times titled "Where Have All the Heart Attacks Gone?," which wondered why hospitals are eerily quiet, save for COVID-19 cases.
Krumholz writes:
What is striking is that many of the emergencies have disappeared. Heart attack and stroke teams, always poised to rush in and save lives, are mostly idle. This is not just at my hospital. My fellow cardiologists have shared with me that their cardiology consultations have shrunk, except those related to COVID-19. In an informal Twitter poll by @angioplastyorg, an online community of cardiologists, almost half of the respondents reported that they are seeing a 40 percent to 60 percent reduction in admissions for heart attacks; about 20 percent reported more than a 60 percent reduction.
Where are all these patients going? Some are dying at home, as is the case in New York City, where paramedics are being directed to leave cardiac arrest sufferers at home if they can't get a pulse at the scene. Those who want to go to the hospital may be afraid to do so
You must be pissed at trump for his lock down guidelines.
Yeah, I kind of am, but he didn't really have a choice. He was backed into it by the fake news drumbeat. He couldn't take a chance the numbers would be the slightest bit higher than a typical flu season. Otherwise the fake news would have hammered him over it until November.

Poor Trump. The smartest man ever who gets himself backed into corners every fucking day.
Why do douchebags like you always pretend the fake media isn't intent on backing him into a corner?
Cause his supporters listen to the media? Trump formed his team and he's on TV every day. Stop blaming dems, this is all him. I neither love or hate his policy on the virus, but it certainly is HIS policy.
Wrong. Everytime he has a press conference he is confronted by a pack of vicious snarling animals. The fake news media is trying to make everything he does into some kind of disaster. Playing stupid doesn't make you look smart.
So what? And you don't like his policy so shouldn't you be one of those snarling dogs?
It wouldn't matter what his policies were, the fake news "reporters" still wouldn't like them.
It wouldn't matter what his policies are- if his policy was to piss on the Constitution and use his piss as vaccines for all Americans, you would be cheering him on.

The shutdown nazis have been accusing those opposed of want people to die. However, just as many have said, the shutdown is also killing people.

The hysteria drummed up by the mainstream media over COVID-19, in conjunction with the draconian lockdown measures being employed by many governors, is costing thousands of American lives. In light of horrific job losses and a crashing economy, calls to suicide hotlines are up over 40 percent nationwide. Although an increase in suicide calls does not necessarily translate to an increase in deaths, the fact that 132 Americans die by suicide daily is concerning. A 40-percent uptick would mean an increase of 53 deaths per day, if the calls indeed correlate to suicides. This translates to 1,590 deaths per month.
Heart attacks are a major problem as well. Harlan M. Krumholz, a doctor at Yale New Haven Hospital, recently published an article in the New York Times titled "Where Have All the Heart Attacks Gone?," which wondered why hospitals are eerily quiet, save for COVID-19 cases.
Krumholz writes:
What is striking is that many of the emergencies have disappeared. Heart attack and stroke teams, always poised to rush in and save lives, are mostly idle. This is not just at my hospital. My fellow cardiologists have shared with me that their cardiology consultations have shrunk, except those related to COVID-19. In an informal Twitter poll by @angioplastyorg, an online community of cardiologists, almost half of the respondents reported that they are seeing a 40 percent to 60 percent reduction in admissions for heart attacks; about 20 percent reported more than a 60 percent reduction.
Where are all these patients going? Some are dying at home, as is the case in New York City, where paramedics are being directed to leave cardiac arrest sufferers at home if they can't get a pulse at the scene. Those who want to go to the hospital may be afraid to do so
Yeah, I kind of am, but he didn't really have a choice. He was backed into it by the fake news drumbeat. He couldn't take a chance the numbers would be the slightest bit higher than a typical flu season. Otherwise the fake news would have hammered him over it until November.

Poor Trump. The smartest man ever who gets himself backed into corners every fucking day.
Why do douchebags like you always pretend the fake media isn't intent on backing him into a corner?

The media is supposed to hold him accountable. That is all that they are doing.
The media is supposed to report occurring news. They are not for creating news nor holding entities accountable. Report the facts and the public can assign accountability; unfortunately the media no longer reports facts and occurrent events
Maybe you should read something other than Fox News then.

I can read the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal and get real news.

Meanwhile the Trumpkins consider anything criticial of their Dear Leader to be 'Fake News"- even when it is the actual words out of his mouth. Because they can believe nothing else but what their Dear Leader tells them.

There are all kinds of mortality reductions by hiding like quaking Neanderthals.
Is this the course real Americans want to adhere to?

Krumholz writes:

The media is supposed to report occurring news. They are not for creating news nor holding entities accountable. Report the facts and the public can assign accountability; unfortunately the media no longer reports facts and occurrent events

Meanwhile the Trumpkins consider anything criticial of their Dear Leader to be 'Fake News"- even when it is the actual words out of his mouth. Because they can believe nothing else but what their Dear Leader tells them.
Spend 2-3 hours per day pouring over a variety of resources.
You libs are so predictable. Whenever you cannot provide a fact based rebuttal you ALWAYS resort to name calling which frequently revolves around your opponent being brainwashed. “You are brainwashed” and then walk away is not victory, it’s a admission you have nothing else to say;it’s surrender.

Krumholz writes:

You libs are so predictable. Whenever you cannot provide a fact based rebuttal you ALWAYS resort to name calling which frequently revolves around your opponent being brainwashed. “You are brainwashed” and then walk away is not victory, it’s a admission you have nothing else to say;it’s surrender.
LOL.

Yet here you are just parroting what Trump and Fox News tells you to say.

I find it hilarious that you demand I provide a 'fact based rebuttal' when you haven't provided ANY 'fact based' facts?

Remember- this thread is based upon one of you Cons citing an article- to back up his claim that the lockdowns are 'killing thousands of Americans'- I pointed out he was lying- that his article says no such thing- and then I posted actual facts showing that the lockdown has resulted in fewer automobile deaths.

So before you lecture me about 'fact based rebuttals'- maybe you should provide some 'fact based facts"

There are all kinds of mortality reductions by hiding like quaking Neanderthals.
Of course not- 'real Americans' all want to rush out to church, hug and kiss each other, and then watch their grandparents die.

Krumholz writes:

Cause his supporters listen to the media? Trump formed his team and he's on TV every day. Stop blaming dems, this is all him. I neither love or hate his policy on the virus, but it certainly is HIS policy.
Wrong. Everytime he has a press conference he is confronted by a pack of vicious snarling animals. The fake news media is trying to make everything he does into some kind of disaster. Playing stupid doesn't make you look smart.
So what? And you don't like his policy so shouldn't you be one of those snarling dogs?
It wouldn't matter what his policies were, the fake news "reporters" still wouldn't like them.
You don't like this one.

Krumholz writes:

LOL.

I find it hilarious that you demand I provide a 'fact based rebuttal' when you haven't provided ANY 'fact based' facts?

Remember- this thread is based upon one of you Cons citing an article- to back up his claim that the lockdowns are 'killing thousands of Americans'- I pointed out he was lying- that his article says no such thing- and then I posted actual facts showing that the lockdown has resulted in fewer automobile deaths.

So before you lecture me about 'fact based rebuttals'- maybe you should provide some 'fact based facts"
It does say such a thing, shit for brains. You're just too stupid to figure it out.

Krumholz writes:

You don't like this one.
So? Why would I take the side of a gang of douchebags that I like even less?

Of course not- 'real Americans' all want to rush out to church, hug and kiss each other, and then watch their grandparents die.
If you don't want them to die, then keep them inside.

Pretty simple, really.

Krumholz writes:

It wouldn't matter what his policies are- if his policy was to piss on the Constitution and use his piss as vaccines for all Americans, you would be cheering him on.
Typical unprovable personal attack.

Krumholz writes:

You don't like this one.
So? Why would I take the side of a gang of douchebags that I like even less?
The media isn't really a side. Either you like trump policy or not. If you don't then why not be more independent and separate your self from both sides? I sure as heck won't follow failed policy.

To quote an op-ed I read recently, if the choice is between hiding in my home, with all the businesses shut down, and wait for the government to take care of me, or face the remote risk of death from coronavirus while actually living my life and taking care of my family, I'll choose risk and freedom every time. If we have to live like this, what's the point of being alive at all?

To quote an op-ed I read recently, if the choice is between hiding in my home, with all the businesses shut down, and wait for the government to take care of me, or face the remote risk of death from coronavirus while actually living my life and taking care of my family, I'll choose risk and freedom every time. If we have to live like this, what's the point of being alive at all?
Health without freedom is sickness

Krumholz writes:

LOL.

It does say such a thing, shit for brains. You're just too stupid to figure it out.
LOL- sorry boy, I can read- you just assume anything told to you by your con friends is the truth.

April 23, 2020
COVID-19 lockdowns are killing thousands of Americans
By Christopher Paslay

Notice- that Mr. Paslay doesn't actually have any evidence that suicides have increased- and he even admits that this doesn't necessarily translate to an increase in deaths- but he still claims 'lockdowns are killing thousands of Americans.

Typical Con article- all hat, no cattle.

Meanwhile as I have shown- actual automobile crash fatalities are down.

Krumholz writes:

Typical unprovable personal attack.
And totally true.

If Trump was shown on TV selling our nuclear codes to Putin you would be praising him for being such an astute businessman.

Health without freedom is sickness
Death is final.

People can get their jobs back. The stockmarket will rebound. Companies will fold- and companies will start.

But once your 8 year old daughter or niece is dead- she is dead. No coming back from that.

Yeah. I had a relative who felt exactly that way in 1918. True story- and I won't give too many details but he literally broke quarentine- didn't believe in that fake science stuff- and he died a free man.

Of course he left behind a farm, a young wife and multiple kids he was supporting. But damn he was free to make that choice.

Forum List

Back