The New Pentagon Papers: WikiLeaks Releases 90,000+ Secret Military Documents

Discussion in 'Politics' started by P F Tinmore, Jul 26, 2010.

1. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    It’s one of the biggest leaks in US military history. More than 90,000 internal records of US military actions in Afghanistan over the past six years have been published by the whistleblower website WikiLeaks. The documents provide a devastating portrait of the war in Afghanistan, revealing how coalition forces have killed hundreds of civilians in unreported incidents, how a secret black ops special forces unit hunts down targets for assassination or detention without trial, how Taliban attacks have soared, and how Pakistan is fueling the insurgency. We host a roundtable discussion with independent British journalist Stephen Grey; Pentagon Papers whistleblower, Daniel Ellsberg; former State Department official in Afghanistan, Matthew Hoh; independent journalist Rick Rowley; and investigative historian Gareth Porter.

The New Pentagon Papers: WikiLeaks Releases 90,000+ Secret Military Documents Painting Devastating Picture of Afghanistan War

2. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yea this is incredibly disturbing. I just tried to get on the Wiki Leaks site and couldn't. Seems pretty odd that i can no longer access their site? I guess people in some very high places in this Administration are P*SSED. I'll try their site again later. The part about the Pakistani Intelligence supporting the Taliban & Al Qaeda against our kids in Afghanistan was especially sad & disturbing to me. How many American kids have the Pakistanis killed? Meanwhile we're handing them Billions in Tax Payer Dollars. After reading this stuff,you realize that it's not so surprising we're losing Afghanistan. What a mess.

3. Oscar Wao

Oscar Wao Victory is Mine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    When deeper truths are exposed, of course people are going to be on the defensive.

4. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,465
    Since when is it alright to just go ahead and Unofficially Declassify - - Classified Documents? I'm not sure this was such a bright idea, could it not be considered Treasonous......I don't know.

5. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    It Could be. However i think it's Treasonous for them to rape American Tax Payers and give the Pakistanis Billions in Tax Dollars. They have been supporting the Taliban & Al Qaeda killing our kids all along. That should bother all Americans.

6. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,465
    How many more posts before it's Obama and the left's fault? Just curious.

Anyways, there's a bigger picture going on over there that's above all of our heads (in terms of Top Secret in-planning), and so it's really not fair to judge what's Rape and what's not when you don't know A: the effects of NOT doing things they've done, B: the end-game.

7. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Our own President has proclaimed "Winning is no longer the goal" over there. So what the H*LL are our kids dying for? What a f*cking mess.

8. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,299
    I supported the Afghan war since it was launched. I believed that our goal to wrest Al Qaeda from its sanctuaries and capture or kill bin Laden were honorable.

Now, even before the leak of these papers, I have come to the conclusion that this war, or any war, in Afghanistan is an unwinnable war and we should leave that part of the world.

The Soviets tried. The British tried. And now it's apparent that Afghanistan truly is the place Empires go to Die.

Our lessons of history have not been learned. And we are doomed to repeat history in Afghanistan.

9. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,465
    :rolleyes:

10. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Hmm? Still can't access the Wiki Leaks site. Pretty weird stuff going on.