The New Marriage

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Now, old son, just how do you know what God wants? If you are drawing this knowledge from the Bible...there's something you really need to know. The Bible, no matter the source of its attribution, was written by men. Thus it contains the predjudices, ignorance, pre-judgements and foibles of its writers...as well as a modicum of their wisdom. It is not the infallible word of some omnipotent being. It is a product of human cognition.

And the same goes for the Constitution. Yet you take that as a sacred document and see it as ludicrous that some would want to amend it.

"Now, old son, just how do you know what God wants? If you are drawing this knowledge from the Bible...there's something you really need to know. The Bible, no matter the source of its attribution, was written by men."

OOOH your powers of deduction are exceptional. I just cant let you waste them here while there are so many crimes going unsolved at the very moment. Go! Go! For the good of the city!

I mean seriously, Who would have thought a book was written by men. I mean i always assumed the Bible was written by frogs jumping up and down on ink and parchment.

However, the Bible, as well as other books are have been given for the profit of man. So that they may learn to commune with God. But it cannot teach you anything unless you are willing to go to the Source and learn from God Himself. You may mock those who seek and find communion with God, but simply because YOU have not talked to God does not mean that others dont. Of course neither does it mean everyone who claims to talk to God has either. However, ever Bible in the World could be destroyed this day and my faith would not change, because its not based on the Bible, its based on Christ. God revealed a pattern on how to find Him and to know His will. If you refuse to follow it, go ahead, it does not change the truth of the matter. Nor does it keep God from revealing His will to those who are close minded.

You can claim to serve humanity, but humanity is not served by allowing civilization and the rule of law to be destroyed. Id rather serve Divinity any day. Because in serving Divinity you serve humanity.

I'd say the argument that "The Bible was written by men" ADDS to it's credibility - Hundreds? of men, spread out over what? 1000 years? more? All writing the SAME message, yet not personnally knowing eachother?

wow.

I tend to believe in god. I'm very analytical in my thinking. Those who seek to discredit god, point to rules set down by the church and say, "These are good rules in a lot of ways, they add stability to society, allowing humanity to flower it's higher talents, yet these are just the good ideas of men. This is not proof of god." I used to feel that way. But then, to make a long story short, i was born again, though I hate to tell people, I didn't want to be called schizo, and belittled. Now As i look back on my previous quoted opinion I realize all it proves is that god is real, god is rational, and god is right.

Just wanted to share the good news.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
I tend to believe in god. I'm very analytical in my thinking. Those who seek to discredit god, point to rules set down by the church and say, "These are good rules in a lot of ways, they add stability to society, allowing humanity to flower it's higher talents, yet these are just the good ideas of men. This is not proof of god." I used to feel that way. But then, to make a long story short, i was born again, though I hate to tell people, I didn't want to be called schizo, and belittled. Now As i look back on previous quoted opinion I realize all it proves that god is real, god is rational, and god is right.

Just wanted to share the good news.

way to go! :) It's ironic that today people are praised for 'coming out' about their deviance...yet I know dozens of 'Closet Christians'...I used to be one. I can't blame them, however, 'The Church' is chock full of people, and people fail. That's what we do. Religion has done more to turn people from God than a lot of things. Remember, brother, Not because of who we are, But because of what He's done. Not because of what we've done But because of who He is.

Shows your real interest in women...As playthings.

Guy you have no sense of humour do you?

Seriously though there is no logical explanation or reasoning that two people of the same sex NEED OR SHOULD be together in the manner that marriage denotes.

Originally posted by OCA
Guy you have no sense of humour do you?

Seriously though there is no logical explanation or reasoning that two people of the same sex NEED OR SHOULD be together in the manner that marriage denotes.

They are pushing for acceptance of their sin. They want their deviance to have mainstream appeal, so they don't feel guilty for their turning their back on God and nature; instead settling for a cheap spinoff of what they COULD be. They love 'Cock' more than themselves or anybody else.

Originally posted by dmp
Then it's useless, frankly. You mentioned God...that's typically the God of Christianity. If you indeed had such a relationship with Him, you'd not argue the points you do. :-/

It's interesting that you put yourself in the place of making judgements that are reserved for God.

As have such notables as Newt Gingrich, Neil Bush, Jimmy Swaggart, Bill Clinton and Brittany Spears. But they're straight, so it doesn't matter.

No shit Sherlock. Marriage is troubled because of the behavior of people who are married - not the existence of homosexuals.

Bill Clinton is no more indicative of my husband's behavior than exhibitionist gays are of the vast majority of homosexuals.

Originally posted by dmp
They are pushing for acceptance of their sin. They want their deviance to have mainstream appeal, so they don't feel guilty for their turning their back on God and nature; instead settling for a cheap spinoff of what they COULD be. They love 'Cock' more than themselves or anybody else.

I said this same thing about a month ago on here. The gays know what they are doing is wrong in their hearts so they are looking for anything to ease their concience and they think they can get it from the courts because they sure as hell can't justify it morally.

Originally posted by OCA
I said this same thing about a month ago on here. The gays know what they are doing is wrong in their hearts so they are looking for anything to ease their concience and they think they can get it from the courts because they sure as hell can't justify it morally.

Nice of you to appoint yourself God and to look into their souls.

I don't see much difference morally between you and the Taliban.

Call me what you will although i'm not condoning whippings for going around in drag.

I have a real simple solution to this problem, lets put this issue to a NATIONAL vote and winner takes all. If the gays are so right they have nothing to worry about agreed?

Originally posted by wonderwench
No shit Sherlock. Marriage is troubled because of the behavior of people who are married - not the existence of homosexuals.

Adding fuel to the fire won't help.

Originally posted by wonderwench
It's interesting that you put yourself in the place of making judgements that are reserved for God.

Interesting you use God's name, yet don't know His word.

(shrug)

God judges sin...I simply recognize it.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I think the point of this thread flew right over your head. It's not going to change the way a heterosexual feels. It very well may change the way father/daughter, brother/sister, brother/brother, polygamists and other people in relationships feel about marriage. They'll sure have a hell of an argument based on equal rights should the queers succeed.

that's a slippery slope fallacy.

Originally posted by deciophobic
that's a slippery slope fallacy.

And how do you know it's a fallacy, has this happened before? Are you saying polygamists have no desire to get married? That in-family partners don't desire to get married (and yes, it exists)?

This will be opening the court doors for all those involved in deviant relationships.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
So that they may learn to commune with God. But it cannot teach you anything unless you are willing to go to the Source and learn from God Himself. You may mock those who seek and find communion with God, but simply because YOU have not talked to God does not mean that others dont. Of course neither does it mean everyone who claims to talk to God has either. However, ever Bible in the World could be destroyed this day and my faith would not change, because its not based on the Bible, its based on Christ. God revealed a pattern on how to find Him and to know His will. If you refuse to follow it, go ahead, it does not change the truth of the matter. Nor does it keep God from revealing His will to those who are close minded.

You can claim to serve humanity, but humanity is not served by allowing civilization and the rule of law to be destroyed. Id rather serve Divinity any day. Because in serving Divinity you serve humanity.

Ummm...Which God might that be?

And, just how does permitting same-gender couples to marry constitute "...allowing civilization and the rule of law to be destroyed..."?

In serving Divinity, as you call it, you serve nothing but your own ego. Serve humanity with compassion and you will learn the true meaning of the divine.

Originally posted by dmp

Are you right or left handed?

Originally posted by dmp
Interesting you use God's name, yet don't know His word.

(shrug)

God judges sin...I simply recognize it.

How incredibly arrogant. What gives you the right to pass judgement on my relationship with God? You know absolutely nothing about my real life.

Why are you so afraid of people who differ from you? Are you so insecure that differences make you doubt yourself? Do you only feel comfortable in a shroud of sameness?

Forum List

Back