The new (2nd) Boehner House bill passes

LOL and roll all over the floor. Nothing the radical Republicans are doing is for the good for the country, this contrived crisis is all about the R's capturing the White House in 2012.

Overreaching and causing harm to the economy is foolish, if this tactic ends in a default expect another sea change in 2012; a whole bunch of Freshman members of Congress going home and the Democrats keeping the White House and winning a fillabuster proof Senate.

Put your money where your talking points are. What exactly in this bill is damaging to our country? And be specific.

I suppose the point is over your head. The bill passed by the House is DOA in the Senate. Even if the Senate did the unthinkable and passed it, it would likely go to conference, where the radical Republicans will again engage in civil war.

I hate to put it like this but I believe you're hopeless...

I don't support the Republican bill mainly because it does not cut enough, literally it's like 14Trillion or so shy in cuts to balance the budget in 10 years. But on that note the Dems or Obama's Budget is almost 100% the same as the Reps Budget and in that case is also around 14 trillion shy.

The Reps have passed multiple budgets, 1 I agree with and that is the Rand Paul 5 year budget that balances it without touching MC/SS. Of course Rand’s budget gets no attention because we have Dems and the GOP passing budgets that perpetuates the problem and the media/voters seem to care more about who gets to win political points by passing the crap budget.

I am literally watching two sides who are wrong try and claim the other side is *wronger* as a way to *win* despite having a wrong answer to an easy problem to solve.

However I need to realize there is no helping the partisan people on these boards, so please, continue attacking each other while not supporting anything that resembles a "fix" when it comes to the topic of a balanced budget.

Last edited:
I suppose the point is over your head. The bill passed by the House is DOA in the Senate. Even if the Senate did the unthinkable and passed it, it would likely go to conference, where the radical Republicans will again engage in civil war.

That's what I thought. You have no idea if its good or bad your just playing the political hack game.

Again, what's in the bill that's so bad?

Default is bad, I edited my post to include the way. If the new iteration includes a constitutional amendement provision for a balance budget that's uber-bad.

This bill prevents default... Sigh

And why is a BBA bad?

LOL and roll all over the floor. Nothing the radical Republicans are doing is for the good for the country, this contrived crisis is all about the R's capturing the White House in 2012.

Overreaching and causing harm to the economy is foolish, if this tactic ends in a default expect another sea change in 2012; a whole bunch of Freshman members of Congress going home and the Democrats keeping the White House and winning a fillabuster proof Senate.

Put your money where your talking points are. What exactly in this bill is damaging to our country? And be specific.

I suppose the point is over your head. The bill passed by the House is DOA in the Senate. Even if the Senate did the unthinkable and passed it, it would likely go to conference, where the radical Republicans will again engage in civil war. Default is bad, bad for the country and when done by self serving pols possibly evil.

so? you seem to have no problem with vilifying the reps yet cannot point to one democratic plan on paper, not one, so you get to sit back and just talk shit and put up......what?

I know this may be news to you but the way it is supposed to work now is the bill is sent to the senate committees who may or not amend it, then bring it to the floor for debate, then a cloture vote ( where a filibuster may occur) , then an up or down vote.

Now Reid can a) like he did before to the last house bill sent up to him, just have a vote to table, meaning no committee work no debate at all, killing it, b) debate the bill after amendments , c) have an up and down vote on the bill, then send it back to the house...

so, your stance is, on the cusp of Armageddon ( thats your sides vitriol) fuck all that its dead and yet have exactly zero to takes its place....hey have it but don't say there have been no plans on paper and scored by the cbo sent to the senate in good faith.

someone is not doing their job, who is that exactly?

If conservatives wee so good at math why did Boehner have to rewrite the first version of his bill after the CBO scored it?

He didnt have the current projections.

If dems are so smart why havent they even produced a budget.

If you knew anything about the Constitution, you'd know that all legislation has to originate in the House of Representatives. There no point in writing up a bill when the House majority party has already said that they will not agree to it. It would never make it out of committee.

Section 7
1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Try reading the Constitution sometime. Then try educatiing your self on economics. You really don't seem up to discussing these issues.

Or you can just continue to drink beer and watch NASCAR. That's seems to be more your level...

Left turn! Left Tyrn! Another left turn! Oh Gee I wonder what's going to happen next! Wow, another left turn!

(Sorry JD)

Oh jesus now a cop out. You cant express yourself or state a specific problem.

Pathetic is much to kind of a description.

Spit it out sparky.

The idea of a balanced budget amendment is not new. It's been around since this country began, but everytime it's brought up it gets defeated. That's because it's completely idiotic!

If there had been a balanced budget amendment at the time we would have lost WWII...and the same is true for every war we've been in since 1812.

The balanced budget is just something that the conservatives bring up to win elections...becuase they have nothing else to run on....it sound good on the surface, but scratch the surface and you have one idiotic idea.

Really? My house works perfectly on a balanced budget. I suppose you would rather just tax some more and spend some more.

Really. So you've budgeted X for the year and cannot spend anymore. One day it rains and the roof leaks. Funds have already been allocated for food, mortagage, gas, entertainment, etc. etc. Do you wait till the next fiscal year to add the funds to the new budget and use buckets?

On December 7, 1941 Japan attacks Pearl Harbor. We have no army, our fleet is on the bottom the bay and the West Coast is to be defended by civilians and police officers - FDR has no funds to respond.

So will the dems in the senate make it happen? Can they compromise enough to satisfy the republicans and can the republicans compromise enough to statisfy the dems?

Or are we going to let shit hit the fan?

I'm just glad I have my "doom bunker" ready.

Pelosi Just said "NO" we will not compromise, it just popped up on the TV while im typing...wtf!

Of course the Dems won't compromise...they hold all the cards and they know it.

Then they will own both the default and the reduced credit rating.
See ya in 2012!

The idea of a balanced budget amendment is not new. It's been around since this country began, but everytime it's brought up it gets defeated. That's because it's completely idiotic!

If there had been a balanced budget amendment at the time we would have lost WWII...and the same is true for every war we've been in since 1812.

The balanced budget is just something that the conservatives bring up to win elections...becuase they have nothing else to run on....it sound good on the surface, but scratch the surface and you have one idiotic idea.

Really? My house works perfectly on a balanced budget. I suppose you would rather just tax some more and spend some more.

The U.S. Government is not a private household amd that analogy is not really very good. Sometimes it's useful to explain the most basic economics, but when discussing macro-economic it's just plain dumb.

The fact is that the U.S. government has been and is the world's currency reserve. That's becuase it's considered, on a worldwide basis, to be the most stable institution there is.

That in turn gives the U.S. Governement exclusely, the ability to create as much money as it wants and to run up any amount of debt that it wants.

This is the real secret why the U.S. is the most powerful country in the world.

Now, Congress wants to destroy it. NOT A VERY BRIGHT IDEA.

You may look at the $14T deficit as a huge debt that we have to pay back, OR

You can realize that it's $14T that people & institutions throughout the world have WILLFULLY invested in our government. It is a blessing, not a curse.

It's also $14T in services rendered to the American people that we did NOT have to pay for in taxes.

Geez, most Republican's have historically known that there anti-deficit rhetoric was just a political ploy to get elected. Nobody ever believed that there'd be wingnut congress people stupid enough to believe their own lies!

Really. So you've budgeted X for the year and cannot spend anymore. One day it rains and the roof leaks. Funds have already been allocated for food, mortagage, gas, entertainment, etc. etc. Do you wait till the next fiscal year to add the funds to the new budget and use buckets?

On December 7, 1941 Japan attacks Pearl Harbor. We have no army, our fleet is on the bottom the bay and the West Coast is to be defended by civilians and police officers - FDR has no funds to respond.

Your talking out of your ass. There are provisions in the BBA to account for emergencies.

Try again?

I'd give up if I were you.

He didnt have the current projections.

If dems are so smart why havent they even produced a budget.

If you knew anything about the Constitution, you'd know that all legislation has to originate in the House of Representatives. There no point in writing up a bill when the House majority party has already said that they will not agree to it. It would never make it out of committee.

Section 7
1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Try reading the Constitution sometime. Then try educatiing your self on economics. You really don't seem up to discussing these issues.

Or you can just continue to drink beer and watch NASCAR. That's seems to be more your level...

Left turn! Left Tyrn! Another left turn! Oh Gee I wonder what's going to happen next! Wow, another left turn!

(Sorry JD)

Spit it out sparky.

So directly quoting the Constitution is a 'cop out'...

You are truly pitiful...please seek help....

Yet we responded.

And yes I have contingency funds. When you actually live according to your budget and stay within your means you can stash away a little nest egg for things like that.

There are nothing but weak and poor excuses to not have a national budget.

Section 7

(Sorry JD)

Spit it out sparky.

For you it was, but lets pretend you understand civics. The you know the senate either agrees with the house bill amends it OR PAY ATTENTION CREATES THEIR OWN. and sends it back, in which a member of the same party introduces it.

How much more schooling would you like?

The U.S. Government is not a private household amd that analogy is not really very good. Sometimes it's useful to explain the most basic economics, but when discussing macro-economic it's just plain dumb.

The fact is that the U.S. government has been and is the world's currency reserve. That's becuase it's considered, on a worldwide basis, to be the most stable institution there is.

That in turn gives the U.S. Governement exclusely, the ability to create as much money as it wants and to run up any amount of debt that it wants.

You can realize that it's $14T that people & institutions throughout the world have WILLFULLY invested in our government. It is a blessing, not a curse.

It's also $14T in services rendered to the American people that we did NOT have to pay for in taxes.

Geez, most Republican's have historically known that there anti-deficit rhetoric was just a political ploy to get elected. Nobody ever believed that there'd be wingnut congress people stupid enough to believe their own lies!

Nice self indulging post.

Yes the debt is an investment in our country. And its a ball and chain around ours. Even Clinton along with others have stated that the debt is a possible national security issue.

Your talking out of your ass. There are provisions in the BBA to account for emergencies.

Try again?

I'd give up if I were you.

Link up or shut up!

Let's see those provisions in the BBA...

Spit it out sparky.

For you it was, but lets pretend you understand civics. The you know the senate either agrees with the house bill amends it OR PAY ATTENTION CREATES THEIR OWN. and sends it back, in which a member of the same party introduces it.

Where exactly in the Constitution does it say that?

You don't read very well do you?

Here's your link:

Obama Proposes Cutting $4 Trillion From Deficit in 12 Years - Bloomberg

want more links? Google it youself...they're all over the internet..

If you don't want to believe that there was ever a proposal by the President for $4T in spending cuts, that's your problem...consider going to a shrink....
Did you even bother doing the math on that cowardly "plan", you party hack lemming?

If conservatives wee so good at math why did Boehner have to rewrite the first version of his bill after the CBO scored it?
Boehner isn't the issue here, deflectapottamus....He's a train wreck all to himself.

$4 Tril, over 12 years, back-loaded so that the real cuts are dumped upon someone else, is sheer cowardice.

Nice self indulging post.

Yes the debt is an investment in our country. And its a ball and chain around ours. Even Clinton along with others have stated that the debt is a possible national security issue.

No moron, we only have to pay to service the debt, and right now, with low interest rates, we're paying very little:

The U.S. Is Not Drowning In Debt | Moneyland | TIME.com

This entire debt crisis of a fabrication of the winghuts.

Where exactly in the Constitution does it say that?

Nowhere I am aware of. However those are the rules under which we operate. Which is allowed under the constitution. If you disagree post the SC decision.

Now back to the original thoughts. Post up skippy.

Forum List

Back