Zone1 The Neighborhood

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Have you seen this show? Cedric the Entertainer was on the Daily Show talking about his show apparently it's been on for like 5 seasons or 5 episodes and this is the first I'm hearing about it? Is it good? Sounds good.

The Neighborhood follows the "nicest guy in the Midwest", who moves his white family into a tough, predominantly African American neighborhood in L.A., where not everyone appreciates his extreme neighborliness.
If it's on CBS I should be able to look up and watch old episodes.

I grew up in an all black neighborhood. We were the last whites to leave our neighborhood. This show will give me the perspective of the black people I lived among. They certainly didn't like us but my parents explained to me that dislike may be justified. After all, whites do treat blacks like 2nd class citizens.
But we were there first. This show has a overly friendly white guy moving his family into the hood. Can you imagine? After we moved out of Detroit, for years I had nightmares my dad would lose his job at Ford and we'd have to move back in with my grandmother.
Besides the two times my grandmother got mugged by some young soulless devils, she lived in Detroit till the day she died. All her neighbors were wonderful people. To be honest, they were nicer to us than white people where I live now are to black people who move in. They were friendlier to us than whites are to blacks. What is wrong with white people? They act like they're the ones who've been victimized for 400 years. I understand why blacks are mad at us. We should be apologetic to black people for all we've done to them. And continue to do.

Hate to make this political but this is why Ron DiSantis and Trump are so anti WOKE. WOKE is basically no more being racist, mysoginistic and homophobic. White male conservatives can't stand it and they are fighting back. They basically don't want to hear about the past. CRT. BLM. Reparations. Drives conservatives crazy. Well you'll never see a conservative move to a black neighborhood that's for sure. They were the first to move out back when I was a kid. Archie Bunker's.

Gee, my grandmother managed to live in the same white neighborhood all her 95 years without being mugged.

What's the name of the city she lived in? I'd like to see if it had a lot of economic opportunity. What she experienced could be considered white privilege.

But yea, that is one reason you don't see white people moving into all black neighborhoods. And the high crime in Detroit is why you see a lot of blacks moving out into the suburbs. If there were economic opportunities in Detroit there wouldn't be the crime. So that's three reasons. Blacks don't like whites, there is no economic opportunities and the chances of being a victim of a crime skyrocket. I believe the average city in America has 333 violent crimes per every 100,000 citizens. Detroit has 2000 for every 100,000. If you are white you have a target on your back. My grandmother did. After the 2nd mugging that happened in her driveway, we told her she could no longer work past dark. Be in the house before dark. Bars on the windows.

We have bars on our windows too btw. They just aren't bars. They're security alarm systems.

What's the name of the city she lived in? I'd like to see if it had a lot of economic opportunity. What she experienced could be considered white privilege.
Small town in Virginia.....Poor as a church mouse most of her life so yeah, she was really livin' the privilege. :laughing0301:

Face it, for the most part people want to be around their own kind. I live in a lily white area for a reason. I did well enough for myself that I don't have to live around blacks and their attendant problems.

In fact I bet if you made a list of the ethnicities whites would rather live around the blacks would be at the very bottom of the list.....Their "culture" is FUBAR.

Hell, I'd sooner live next to a Mosque with a call to prayer five times a day and a Super Max prison on the other side.

Small town in Virginia.....Poor as a church mouse most of her life so yeah, she was really livin' the privilege. :laughing0301:

Face it, for the most part people want to be around their own kind. I live in a lily white area for a reason. I did well enough for myself that I don't have to live around blacks and their attendant problems.

In fact I bet if you made a list of the ethnicities whites would rather live around the blacks would be at the very bottom of the list.....Their "culture" is FUBAR.

Hell, I'd sooner live next to a Mosque with a call to prayer five times a day and a Super Max prison on the other side.

I wouldn't mind if my company said I had to move to an all indian, chinese, arabic, white, mexican, russian, jewish community. Maybe I'd worry a little if it were an all hispanic community. The rest I would feel safe in.

I don't mind blacks as long as it's whatever percentage of the population they are. 13.6%. As long as the community isn't > 14% I'm cool with it. LOL.

This is why whites don’t move to black neighborhoods

You should see the big beautiful historic estate he lived in. I love stupid whites who think I’m a pussy because I would never move back to Detroit. I had no choice the first time I was born there.

Forum List

Back