The Need For Health Insurance Is Real.

Americans need HEALTH CARE, not health insurance.

Obama screwed the pooch on his HC reform.

Seriously, its a total FAIL, far as I can tell.

For most American, no health insurance means they get no health care.

I think it was the congress who screwed the pooch. Especially the senate.

Yeah that's true.

But my point is that HC insurance is the means to the end, not the end in itself.

We could just as easily provide HC without any insurance companies if we had the political will to arrange it.

We do it this way because the system we have was an organic (that is to say, it's been developed piecemeal over time, and not one grant system put in place all at once) system.

I'm of the opinion that the whole HC insurance concept has outlived its usefulness.

Last edited:

Yeah that's true.

But my point is that HC insurance is the means to the end, not the end in itself.

We could just as easily provide HC without any insurance companies if we had the political will to arrange it.

We do it this way because the system we have was an organic (that is to say, it's been developed piecemeal over time, and not one grant system put in place all at once) system.

I'm of the opinion that the whole HC insurance concept has outlived its usefulness.

The drug companies are to greedy to let that happen.

We got what we could get at this time.

Yes, we needed to go to a universal system, one that covers all citizens. But that was not possible, given the opposition to even the small changes this bill creates.

There are many systems out there to choose from, here are just a few;

FRONTLINE: sick around the world | PBS

We have that.. it's called earning and purchasing in the free market system

Not at all, Dave. We have a system where a few individuals get very wealthy off of the misfortune of their fellow citizens. And it shows in our standings in health of our citizens.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4]YouTube - "We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp[/ame]

Having health insurance at least IMHO does not mean that you have healthcare a lot depends on who's insurance you have and what Doctors and Treatment centers are willing to accept it. If you are of that unlucky masses that being led to believe your troubles are over now because you can get state Medicaid your in for a very big surprise and will no doubt discover this truth about healthcare reform very soon. I have always been of the opinion that everyone should have access to low cost, high quality healthcare and it would seem that the issue of how much it cost were just taken into consideration rather than how many you wish to cover , fixing the former would address the ladder. Lets face it, call it what you will, Medicare, Tri-Care, etc. want to place place labels on them , then go right ahead , in some form or the other they address a social need, so what. They do not take away a persons liberty in doing so, and at least IMHO that is the basic issue here. I see absolutly nothing wrong at all with allowing any American that wishes to purcahse into Medicare the opportunity to do so. One thing however, that strikes me, if NASA is ready to be handed over to the private sector why then cannot Govt. do the same with other parts of its realm, and perhaps allow for those that wish to purchase it a form of catastrophic coverage from Medicare for low cost, rather like life insurance. LEt's fact it a if your young teen or twenty something is like mine, they think liitle or nothing about Doctors unless there is a need , so the idea of just having that basic catastrophic coverage at least to me is a good one. Just some thoughts on the subject, and as the new healthcare bill comes into being, I frankly find it sad that we have a congress that has decided to trade our liberty for a few trinkets of so called meaningless coverage and not healthcare.

Not at all, Dave. We have a system where a few individuals get very wealthy off of the misfortune of their fellow citizens. And it shows in our standings in health of our citizens.

YouTube - "We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp

Oh God FORBID if someone makes good money off of their high skillset that is in demand :rolleyes:

You have a system where ANYONE can get whatever care their wish to pay for in a country that is supposed to be based off of personal freedoms.... you just don't like a system where personal responsibility comes into it.... you want it at the expense of someone else

And how many more times are you and your ilk going to continue to go on about the debunked bullshit about the biased and non-uniform statistical WHO 'ratings'??

Although a serious overhall of the health care system is needed to curtail costs, I believe that at some point the federal government lost sight of what was important and instead of finding a solution to the rising costs of health care, they resorted to a power grab. Having affordable health insurance is not a right, and quite frankly doesn't exist. Again, the goal is to have affordable health CARE for everyone not INSURANCE. As a former Marine, my personnal experiences have shown me that I do not agree with free (meaning I didn't have insurance and I didn't pay the facility in which I received care, but believe me I paid for it) health care. Military medicine is a disaster and the VA isn't much better. I don't have the answer to how to fix our healthcare system, but forcing the hand of the insurance companies and American citizens was not the answer. Only time will tell what the outcome of this power grab will be. For those of you that are pushing for Universal Healthcare; just remember this, of all the New Deal era programs that are run by the government, almost all have huge financial deficits. SS, Medicad, Medicare and the VA are all on the verge of being bankrupt.

+1 ^

I have dealt extensively with military ran healthcare and have firsthand knowledge of exactly how bad it can be. Make no mistake, government control does not mean cheap or good. Our system is great, what needs addressing is COST and that will not be done by the government.

Yeah that's true.

Has the concept of insurance in general out lived it's usefuleness? I would imagine not. So what makes health care different?

YouTube - "We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp

Cracks me up every time people site this joke of a report. Tell me rocks, is the best health care system the one that costs people the least? Cause that's essentially what the WHO report says.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back