The NBA in '09-'10

Truthspeaker

Αλήθεια η&
Nov 26, 2008
San Francisco
As usual, there is a lot of parity in the NBA and every city has hopes of making the playoffs in a league where half the teams make it. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that my Warriors will make it this year:clap2:. Who's your team?

Being from L.A. I've always been a Laker fan. But honestly I don't really care who wins the NBA title as long as it's a good series.

I almost never watch a regular season game either, the playoffs are much more interesting.

the warriors have traded every good player they have ever had.....nelson is a has been and mullin was clueless and destroyed the team.....

Last edited:
Being from L.A. I've always been a Laker fan. But honestly I don't really care who wins the NBA title as long as it's a good series.

I almost never watch a regular season game either, the playoffs are much more interesting.

Sounds like you're from LA. No passion for sports, just a casual interest. It's ok. It's in the water you guys drink down there which comes from up here.
I root for the warriors until they let me down and then I pick a backup team in the playoffs.

the warriors have traded every good player they have ever had.....nelson is a has been and mullin was clueless and destroyed the team.....

I think you are thinking about several years ago before the Mullin era. Well I for one think Mullin did a fantastic job of bringing talent in, not trading them away. Oh yeah I forgot, he traded away the legendary Troy Murphy and the immortal Mike Dunleavy.

I did hate his trading away Jason Richardson.

But they have an extremely interesting group this year and now that Stephen Jackson wants out, it will be nice.

But you're dead wrong about Nelson. He is a has-been, currently-is, and will-be as far as being a great coach. He's number one all time in wins. That ain't too shabby. Unfortunately he has often lacked personell with the warriors and he's not a good defensive coach, but he's still a great coach. They will do well this year, you mark my words.

Monta Ellis, Anthony Morrow, Corey Maggette, Anthony Randolph, Andris Biedrins as your starting 5.

The bench ain't too shabby either:
Stephen Curry
Cj Watson
Ronny Turiaf
Brandan Wright

Last edited:
CelticsLogo_History.gif

The Celts will be great again this year. Especially since they will have garnett back and won't be injury riddled. I think they would have beaten the Lakers if they were healthy.

Sounds like you're from LA. No passion for sports, just a casual interest. It's ok.
Well, not exactly. I love sports, I grew up playing Baseball and Football through H.S. I just can't get all upset about any team that doesn't send me a check! :lol:

I'm in Vancouver, but I've always been a Knicks fan... John Starks babay!!

but yah, obviously my hopes are LOW

I was raised in Spain, and my fav. player is Pau... so I can sort of use that as an excuse to cheer for the Lakers and know a bit of what it feels like to not support a team that sucks

The acquisition of Sheed and Marquis Daniels while still retaining Big Baby has cemented the Celts as the deepest team in the East and the favorites to appear in the Finals.

True. i didn't know Wallace went to Boston. that's freakin huge. I had them as the favorite without him.

I'm a sixers fan but I'm indifferent about their success or failure. Always liked Iverson more than the team, and I'd love to see him win one.

So I'm also a Grizzlies fan this year.

I'm a sixers fan but I'm indifferent about their success or failure. Always liked Iverson more than the team, and I'd love to see him win one.

My condolences, Paulie.

If you want to, come playoff time you can pink jersey it up and root for the C's.

True. i didn't know Wallace went to Boston. that's freakin huge. I had them as the favorite without him.

KG, Perk, Sheed, BBD, and Scal when necessary.

Bigs are no longer an issue.

It's that pesky back up PG position we need to fill and hopefully it isn't by a dude with a head tattoo who eats vasoline.

It's that pesky back up PG position we need to fill and hopefully it isn't by a dude with a head tattoo who eats vasoline.

If I were the Celts last year I would have come and got CJ Watson from the warriors. The guy feels no pressure at all, handles the ball well, and plays great defense. Really pesky. Oh yeah he also shot the three ball at a 43% clip last year. Hit lots of late shots in the 4th quarter.

If I were the Celts last year I would have come and got CJ Watson from the warriors. The guy feels no pressure at all, handles the ball well, and plays great defense. Really pesky. Oh yeah he also shot the three ball at a 43% clip last year. Hit lots of late shots in the 4th quarter.

We coulda used him. Marbury was such a disappointment.

My condolences, Paulie.

If you want to, come playoff time you can pink jersey it up and root for the C's.

Basketball just doesn't excite me like the other sports. It was always the one sport I was never really that good at, too. I agree with the scientist about playoff time though. Or the last couple minutes of any close game.

I sure hope The Suns are better this year.

The suns won't get worse. But I do think they can't really get much better. They still have the same guys minus Shaq. but I think it will be nice to see what J Rich can do for a full season with that team. I think Nash has one more season left of elite performance ability. Stoudamire will be fine. But there are a lot of question marks. Grant Hill will continue to be solid but the question is always his health. Channing Frye is interesting but he's going to have to really step it up. Other than that it's really going to be a challenge.

Forum List

Back