The Navy Vessel Built From Steel From The Wreckage Of The World Trade Center

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
USS_New_York_in_the_Hudson_River_200911.jpg

USNS New York

Well, not the whole thing but the bow that cuts through the waves. There’s a video 11+ minutes long about making it @ The Navy Vessel Built From Steel From The Wreckage Of The World Trade Center

Um................Longknife? Hate to tell you dude, but that is a USS vessel, not a USNS.

USS is the designation used by most US Naval warships.

USNS is the designation that is used by ships that are crewed by civilian mariners in the MSC, Military Sealift Command.

The reason I know this? Well, for one, I spent 20 years in the Navy, and for another, my very first ship was the USS CONCORD (AFS-5), but in the mid 90's, it shifted to civilian command under the MSC, and became the USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5), which, incidentally, was the very last ship I did sea duty on.

Was kinda cool, checked onto my first ship as an E-1 recruit and left it as an E-4. Then, I went back to it when it became an MSC vessel, and went as a full department head.

BTW...............this isn't an attack, just trying to help you out with correct information. You may not have known about stuff like that coming from the Army.

Forum List

Back