The multiverse theory is atheist scientists' attempt to nullify Christian doctrine of "free will"...

I guess I don't see the problem. Then every alternative version of you takes a different course through his/her life but each is only self aware. So Mike1 Mike2...MikeN will each experience life in a different way.
The problem is that the multiverse theory throws into doubt the whole notion that there is a heaven or hell. And that's deliberate.

How does in throw into doubt the notion of heaven of hell? Both heaven and hell are outside the realm of our reality. You cannot find GPS locations for either. I see no reason for anyone believing in a multiverse to have any problem with heaven/hell.
It would be reasonable to assume in a multiverse than at least one would be hellish, while another could be heavenly.
Out of infinite choices one reaches perfection while another degenerates into a literal hell.

I agree. What I disagree with is the idea that these multiverses are so similar to our own world.

Our world is a product of an infinite number of decisions, actions or lack of actions. If a minute change causes ripples outward, and the multiverses started at roughly the same time, then the current multiverses would be radically different than our own.

Study the Bible and learn that only those elected to salvation prior to the creation are saved. "Choosing to follow Jesus" is a doctrine of works not grace and has been heresy since St. Augustine came worked out how that a God who speaks when he is spoken and comes when he is called is no God at all. Free will arguments boil down to God reports to the believer a blasphemous argument at best. Also if you check a concordance you will find the use of worlds (universes) in two separate verses
No, I don't believe in predestination, I believe in free will.
How many times, if any have you read the Bible cover to cover?

Study the Bible and learn that only those elected to salvation prior to the creation are saved. "Choosing to follow Jesus" is a doctrine of works not grace and has been heresy since St. Augustine came worked out how that a God who speaks when he is spoken and comes when he is called is no God at all. Free will arguments boil down to God reports to the believer a blasphemous argument at best. Also if you check a concordance you will find the use of worlds (universes) in two separate verses
I have yet to meet a Christian who believes in a doctrine of grace who doesn't believe he is one of the elect. Curious.
Often but not always true

I have yet to meet a Christian who believes in a doctrine of grace who doesn't believe he is one of the elect. Curious.
Must be rare, I never met a Christian who didn't believe they were going to heaven. Even when they weren't 100% certain they were going to heaven they were pretty certain who wasn't going to heaven.

How do you do?

Because you just met one.

Must be rare, I never met a Christian who didn't believe they were going to heaven. Even when they weren't 100% certain they were going to heaven they were pretty certain who wasn't going to heaven.
Catholics believe that no one knows their fate or the fate of others.

I guess I don't see the problem. Then every alternative version of you takes a different course through his/her life but each is only self aware. So Mike1 Mike2...MikeN will each experience life in a different way.
The problem is that the multiverse theory throws into doubt the whole notion that there is a heaven or hell. And that's deliberate.

Hey you people drop all that silly God stuff and angels and weird fires and just believe there are a million different yous in a million different universes.

Dont be so parochial.

How do you do?

Because you just met one.
Do you really think you're going to hell or is it you just don't know your fate? Maybe the later is true but I think if you looked deep down inside yourself, you'd see that you believe you're a good person and a person of faith so you if God made you that way you must be one of the elect.

Or I met my first Christian who believes in a doctrine of grace who really doesn't believe he is going to heaven.

...because what's the point of living a virtuous Christian life when in some alternative universe an alternate you is living a life of sinful pleasure?
You have no free will; you have an unhealthy codependent relationship with an ex-wife and male dominator god perceptual reality you have subjugated yourself to.

Forum List

Back