The multiverse theory is atheist scientists' attempt to nullify Christian doctrine of "free will"...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...because what's the point of living a virtuous Christian life when in some alternative universe an alternate you is living a life of sinful pleasure?

...because what's the point of living a virtuous Christian life when in some alternative universe an alternate you is living a life of sinful pleasure?
You have no idea of how multiverse works, do you?
It was explained on a science TV show, a demonstration of a person standing on a field with nine people standing behind him. At every interval, each person makes the decision to make one step to the left or one step to the right. When the demonstration is over, every one of the ten is at a different position on the field.

The point of the exercise was to demonstrate the futility of life, to show our choices don't matter, because there are an infinite number of parallel universes where alternative versions of us make different decisions.

So you think God will judge all the people in the different multiverses by the most sinful of them all?

Funny, I thought it was pretty simple to believe in each individual being judges for their own life. I have never heard any atheist suggest otherwise.

I guess I don't see the problem. Then every alternative version of you takes a different course through his/her life but each is only self aware. So Mike1 Mike2...MikeN will each experience life in a different way.

I guess I don't see the problem. Then every alternative version of you takes a different course through his/her life but each is only self aware. So Mike1 Mike2...MikeN will each experience life in a different way.
The problem is that the multiverse theory throws into doubt the whole notion that there is a heaven or hell. And that's deliberate.

You have no idea of how multiverse works, do you?
It was explained on a science TV show, a demonstration of a person standing on a field with nine people standing behind him. At every interval, each person makes the decision to make one step to the left or one step to the right. When the demonstration is over, every one of the ten is at a different position on the field.

The point of the exercise was to demonstrate the futility of life, to show our choices don't matter, because there are an infinite number of parallel universes where alternative versions of us make different decisions.
So...how does that nullify free will? BTW: Read up on this:

Study the Bible and learn that only those elected to salvation prior to the creation are saved. "Choosing to follow Jesus" is a doctrine of works not grace and has been heresy since St. Augustine came worked out how that a God who speaks when he is spoken and comes when he is called is no God at all. Free will arguments boil down to God reports to the believer a blasphemous argument at best. Also if you check a concordance you will find the use of worlds (universes) in two separate verses

Study the Bible and learn that only those elected to salvation prior to the creation are saved. "Choosing to follow Jesus" is a doctrine of works not grace and has been heresy since St. Augustine came worked out how that a God who speaks when he is spoken and comes when he is called is no God at all. Free will arguments boil down to God reports to the believer a blasphemous argument at best. Also if you check a concordance you will find the use of worlds (universes) in two separate verses
No, I don't believe in predestination, I believe in free will.

What the multiverse theory does is throw all ethics and morals into doubt and make life seem pointless.

The problem is that the multiverse theory throws into doubt the whole notion that there is a heaven or hell. And that's deliberate.

How does in throw into doubt the notion of heaven of hell? Both heaven and hell are outside the realm of our reality. You cannot find GPS locations for either. I see no reason for anyone believing in a multiverse to have any problem with heaven/hell.

What the multiverse theory does is throw all ethics and morals into doubt and make life seem pointless.

How? Unless you were looking for an excuse to toss all your ethics and morals anyway.

Despite the existence or nonexistence of multiverses, you have your life to live here in this world. Whether another world exists or not doesn't change that.

How does in throw into doubt the notion of heaven of hell? Both heaven and hell are outside the realm of our reality. You cannot find GPS locations for either. I see no reason for anyone believing in a multiverse to have any problem with heaven/hell.
It would be reasonable to assume in a multiverse than at least one would be hellish, while another could be heavenly.
Out of infinite choices one reaches perfection while another degenerates into a literal hell.

It sucks when theology and reality conflict. If multiverses exist (I have no idea if they do or not) they are how your God created the universe(s). Who are you to question his work? If they are real, you'll have to deal with it.

I have yet to meet a Christian who believes in a doctrine of grace who doesn't believe he is one of the elect. Curious.

Forum List

Back