CDZ The Moral Philosophy Of Donald Trump

Liminal

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2015
In Your Face
What is the moral philosophy of Donald Trump? Does he have one? If so, what's it based on? What moral principles does he use to guide his actions? What are the foundations for his sense of ethics?

He already said he has never once needed to ask God for forgiveness. Does that mean he thinks he is perfect?

Moral Relativism would seem closest to describing some aspects of Trump's philosophy. Based on his statements and behavior it might also be reasonable to speculate if Trump could be described as amoral, being somewhat indifferent to questions of right and wrong.

What is the moral philosophy of Donald Trump? Does he have one? If so, what's it based on? What moral principles does he use to guide his actions? What are the foundations for his sense of ethics?

His philosophy? Appears to be anything that is good for him is great and wonderful, anyone or anything that isn't is bad or idiotic.

What is his philosophy based on? How good the world is or isn't treating him.

What moral principles does he use? Not sure, because most religions and belief systems say that you should take care of your fellow man. His appears to be do what you will as long as it benefits you.

What are the foundations for his sense of ethics? Screw the person next to you and take them for all they are worth.

His philosophy? Appears to be anything that is good for him is great and wonderful, anyone or anything that isn't is bad or idiotic.

What moral principles does he use? Not sure, because most religions and belief systems say that you should take care of your fellow man. His appears to be do what you will as long as it benefits you.

What are the foundations for his sense of ethics? Screw the person next to you and take them for all they are worth.

Well, yes, but where's the morality in any of that?

Well, yes, but where's the morality in any of that?

There really isn't any.

Moral Relativism would seem closest to describing some aspects of Trump's philosophy. Based on his statements and behavior it might also be reasonable to speculate if Trump could be described as amoral, being somewhat indifferent to questions of right and wrong.

Truly, I don't know if I do or do not agree that Trump is mostly moral relativist. I don't know because I am not convinced I can believe a damn thing that man says.

That I am not convinced of Trump's honestly, integrity, is precisely the problem I have with him. He's not earned my trust. In fact, what he's done quite effectively is show me that he cannot be trusted. Truthfully, I'm more comfortable with someone with whose moral philosophy I disagree than with someone whose moral philosophy is indeterminable to me.

Truly, I don't know if I do or do not agree that Trump is mostly moral relativist. I don't know because I am not convinced I can believe a damn thing that man says.

That I am not convinced of Trump's honestly, integrity, is precisely the problem I have with him. He's not earned my trust. In fact, what he's done quite effectively is show me that he cannot be trusted. Truthfully, I'm more comfortable with someone with whose moral philosophy I disagree than with someone whose moral philosophy is indeterminable to me.
Based on what we know about Donald Trump's character I think it's safe to assume he would sell us all out, betray his country and it's people for a few bucks. Trump doesn't seem like someone who would bother himself about questions of morality, he reduces life to very simple equations.

He seems to have a much bigger screw in mind these days.

Here's a nice example of the possible implications of Trump's lack of morality.

Donald Trump says he's open to Japan and South Korea developing their own nukes

Trump and his position:
Well, in spite of my deep disdain for Trump's candidacy, for his character, and for the prospect of his being President, that is one thing he's got right in my mind. That I feel that way, and will say so without qualifying my remarks, reflects the fact that I will always "give the Devil his due." You see, I am well aware that Trump can and will get some things "right;" my issues with Trump are that (1) he doesn't get enough "right," and (2) the most important thing I need him to get "right" -- that he be trustworthy, that he be a man of high integrity -- he does not get "right." Even as I am certain Trump is right on the matter of Japan and South Korea's developing their own nukes, because I don't trust the man at his word, I have no confidence that he'll act in accordance with that statement were he to become President and called to do so.

Why I agree with his currently stated position:
Japan and South Korea are sovereign nations. They have just as much right as any nation does to develop whatever technologies they want just as the U.S. does. Just as I would not have those nations or any other tell the U.S. what it can and cannot do, the U.S. and no other nation has the right to tell them the same. Note, however, that any nation is free to assert what another should or should not do, but that's merely an expression of viewpoint. When parties who assert what another (others) should and should not do is carried to the point of acting to exert their will in that regard, they've gone too far.

Am I keen on the idea of those or any other nation actually developing nuclear weapons? No. But I am a man of principle, and the one principle I have that rises above all others is that I do with regard to others as I would have others do with regard to me. Despite the prospect of devastation nuclear weapons hold, I know that nations/people don't and won't use them for as sources of entertainment, and I know that so long as I conduct all my activities with strict adherence to the Golden Rule, I really don't have a reason to be worried about their nuclear weapons.

Based on what we know about Donald Trump's character I think it's safe to assume he would sell us all out, betray his country and it's people for a few bucks. Trump doesn't seem like someone who would bother himself about questions of morality, he reduces life to very simple equations.

This, of course was your prearrived at conclusion and you would have/will dismiss all information or argument to the contrary and hold to it no matter what.

Trump and his position:
Well, in spite of my deep disdain for Trump's candidacy, for his character, and for the prospect of his being President, that is one thing he's got right in my mind. That I feel that way, and will say so without qualifying my remarks, reflects the fact that I will always "give the Devil his due." You see, I am well aware that Trump can and will get some things "right;" my issues with Trump are that (1) he doesn't get enough "right," and (2) the most important thing I need him to get "right" -- that he be trustworthy, that he be a man of high integrity -- he does not get "right." Even as I am certain Trump is right on the matter of Japan and South Korea's developing their own nukes, because I don't trust the man at his word, I have no confidence that he'll act in accordance with that statement were he to become President and called to do so.

Japan and South Korea are sovereign nations. They have just as much right as any nation does to develop whatever technologies they want just as the U.S. does. Just as I would not have those nations or any other tell the U.S. what it can and cannot do, the U.S. and no other nation has the right to tell them the same. Note, however, that any nation is free to assert what another should or should not do, but that's merely an expression of viewpoint. When parties who assert what another (others) should and should not do is carried to the point of acting to exert their will in that regard, they've gone too far.

Am I keen on the idea of those or any other nation actually developing nuclear weapons? No. But I am a man of principle, and the one principle I have that rises above all others is that I do with regard to others as I would have others do with regard to me. Despite the prospect of devastation nuclear weapons hold, I know that nations/people don't and won't use them for as sources of entertainment, and I know that so long as I conduct all my activities with strict adherence to the Golden Rule, I really don't have a reason to be worried about their nuclear weapons.
That's the stupidest God damned thing I ever heard. The Golden Rule? Who the fuck is going to care about that after the nuclear holocaust?

This, of course was your prearrived at conclusion and you would have/will dismiss all information or argument to the contrary and hold to it no matter what.
You'd be the last person around here to give an honest response.

Trump and his position:

That's the stupidest God damned thing I ever heard. The Golden Rule? Who the fuck is going to care about that after the nuclear holocaust?

What nuclear holocaust?

Trump and his position:

What nuclear holocaust?
The one going on inside your head right now.

Trump and his position:

Adherence to the Golden Rule will ensure a nuclear holocaust never happens.

Forum List

Back