The modern American economic plan: Cut taxes on me and reduce spending on you.

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
That is the position of 99% of Americans. That's what it all boils down to. And since nobody will agree, they "compromise." That is, they raise taxes on me, and increase spending on you.

As I've said a bazillion times, the modern American motto is: "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

And if anyone thinks that is strictly a Left wing motto, it is amazing they have the brainpower to draw breath.

• Banned
And if anyone thinks that is strictly a Left wing motto, it is amazing they have the brainpower to draw breath.

It's left, right, Democrat, Republican, citizen, illegal immigrant, black, white, rich, poor. It is perhaps the single most common thread in 21st century Americana.

Gimme my mortgage interest deduction, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my child tax credit, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my equipment depreciation deduction, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my ObamaPhone, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my health insurance subsidy, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my health insurance benefit income tax exemption, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Our nation has become so batshit crazy that a high school dropout can get a subsidy for health insurance paid for by forcing someone else to buy insurance, at a higher rate than it would normally have cost, and that other person is called a "freeloader" if they don't want to go along with this extortion racket.

Last edited:
  • Banned
That's why we should eliminate Obamacare, drastically reduce government spending programs, and stop taking away so much money from people's paychecks and leave it to them to buy their own shit.

That's why China is passing us by and flipping our silly asses off. They're building their country and doing what we did in the early to mid part of the 20th century.

I have a serious problem with cut, slash and burn people. They're hurting this country and will likely make America a second class nation.

We need infrastructure, science and r&d. We must reform our educational system as we're moving out of the top 20 for reading, science and math as of now. We're asking to become a third world country.

• Banned
We need infrastructure, science and r&d.

Fortunately, we don't need to change a thing about government behavior in this regard in order to accomplish other things.

We must reform our educational system as we're moving out of the top 20 for reading, science and math as of now.

I agree. But just like nobody wants to truly cut spending, nobody wants to reform our education system. Everyone just wants to come up with stupid tweaks to the same, outdated system.

Don't you think you are leaving out one sector of the US.
Corporations!

Gimme my mortgage interest deduction, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my child tax credit, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my equipment depreciation deduction, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my ObamaPhone, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my health insurance subsidy, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Gimme my health insurance benefit income tax exemption, and make that guy over there pay for it.

Forum List

Back