The Messi Effect

Who cares?
Do not be so worried . Nobody expects octogenarians to change old habits and soppy out -of - date national sports . Your younger people will quickly learn, particularly when they get passports and learn about travel . We look forward to the time when Americans can share sports with everybody and be part of the big world sports family . At the moment you are not taken very serously outside of fringe disciplines and freak events like scoring hoops ( basketball to you ) . As a nation there may soon be a time where you are liked and treated as pals or even friends So , keep trying .

Do not be so worried . Nobody expects octogenarians to change old habits and soppy out -of - date national sports . Your younger people will quickly learn, particularly when they get passports and learn about travel . We look forward to the time when Americans can share sports with everybody and be part of the big world sports family . At the moment you are not taken very serously outside of fringe disciplines and freak events like scoring hoops ( basketball to you ) . As a nation there may soon be a time where you are liked and treated as pals or even friends So , keep trying .

I'll just leave this here.....

Super Bowl: Nielsen has added audience to the overall total of the February 13, 2022 broadcast, and the new viewership makes the game the industry's most-watched TV event. According to a revamped Nielsen report, 115.1 million viewers tuned in to watch the Big Game across Fox, Fox Deportes, and various streaming services

World Cup: Argentina France: Argentina's shootout win over France in the final of the Qatar 2022 World Cup reached a global audience of 1.5 billion viewers, Fifa has revealed

I'll leave it there too

Super Bowl: Nielsen has added audience to the overall total of the February 13, 2022 broadcast, and the new viewership makes the game the industry's most-watched TV event. According to a revamped Nielsen report, 115.1 million viewers tuned in to watch the Big Game across Fox, Fox Deportes, and various streaming services

World Cup: Argentina France: Argentina's shootout win over France in the final of the Qatar 2022 World Cup reached a global audience of 1.5 billion viewers, Fifa has revealed

I'll leave it there too
Cool. Happens once every 4 years so there's lots of interest. I get it, soccer is popular because any poor schlub can play it and if it were nearly as popular as Football, Baseball or Basketball in the US the US would likely dominate the sport.

Cool. Happens once every 4 years so there's lots of interest. I get it, soccer is popular because any poor schlub can play it and if it were nearly as popular as Football, Baseball or Basketball in the US the US would likely dominate the sport.

Yeah, you get it.

Hockey is easy! Skate around and slap the puck
Golf is easy! Knock the ball into the hole
Basketball is Easy! Throw the ball into the hoop

Any idiot can play these sports

Yeah, you get it.

Hockey is easy! Skate around and slap the puck
Golf is easy! Knock the ball into the hole
Basketball is Easy! Throw the ball into the hoop

Any idiot can play these sports
It doesn't take any equipment you dolt. A soccer ball costs 10 bucks. The capital investment to get into the game is exceedingly low. It's one of the major contributing factors for it's widespread popularity. Basketball is similar which is why it has gained popularity globally. Unlike Football or Ice Hockey.

BTW have to done the math and figured out Messi didnt turn down a contract worth more than the annual salary of the entire NBA?

It doesn't take any equipment you dolt. A soccer ball costs 10 bucks. The capital investment to get into the game is exceedingly low. It's one of the major contributing factors for it's widespread popularity. Basketball is similar which is why it has gained popularity globally. Unlike Football or Ice Hockey.

BTW have to done the math and figured out Messi didnt turn down a contract worth more than the annual salary of the entire NBA?

Baseball $3, bat $40, Glove $100. Big whoop

As I said he turned down $505MM/ a year for 3 years. I didn't check what the total salaries of the NBA were because the last game I actually watched, Willis Reed came off the bench in Game 7. No point in watching after that

Baseball $3, bat $40, Glove $100. Big whoop

As I said he turned down $505MM/ a year for 3 years. I didn't check what the total salaries of the NBA were because the last game I actually watched, Willis Reed came off the bench in Game 7. No point in watching after that
Yeah and a huge area to play. Also just the equipment you named is 20 times the cost of a soccer ball. And everyone needs a glove.... Acting like soccer's low entry cost isnt a major factor in its popularity is dumb.

Forum List

Back