The Media Ignored The Top Story of 2013

The current makeup of today's news media is a clear and present danger to our nation.

Exactly.........that is why some are calling for a congressional investigation of the mass media.....which in a nutshell is as you say a threat to our National Security....because they do not report all the facts or all the news.....what they do report they spin, take out of context and use their position of power to promote a political agenda....in short....it is a subversive use of the power the media possesses.

The current makeup of today's news media is a clear and present danger to our nation.

Exactly.........that is why some are calling for a congressional investigation of the mass media.....which in a nutshell is as you say a threat to our National Security....because they do not report all the facts or all the news.....what they do report they spin, take out of context and use their position of power to promote a political agenda....in short....it is a subversive use of the power the media possesses.

It is the media who has kept us free from an oppressive government for 200 years.

Is that really all you have?

The major media is nothing more than propaganda for the democratic party.

Look, you're a hack. You post either to promote your shameful party or slander the opposition. Nothing you post has any merit at all, and I don't want you to think that you have any credibility - because you don't.

But occasionally the crap you spew can be used as a springboard to make a point.

Our mainstream media does nothing to "keep us free," and what an absurd proposition that is. We know of the Orwellian management of the "news" under America's own Josef Gobbels, Edward R. Murrow who crafted a CBS that only far left stories made the air and that ALL information went through leftist filters. NBC and ABC followed suit, with the NY Times pushing print media to the far left.

For 30 years, the democratic party decided what America would or would not know, with the corrupt media executing party orders.Keep us FREE? Quite the opposite. The demagogues and propagandists openly fabricated information for a generation, until the strangle-hold was broken by the Internet. Suddenly, alternative news such as the Washington Times, and later Drudge, was availible nationwide. Not long after, Fox recognized an opportunity for legitimate news and launched FNC.

I have contempt for the media and the crime they have committed against this nation. Pravda under Stalin was more honest and reliable than CBS, NBC, or the NY Times are.

But neither the media nor the police will identify the race of the suspects......the Biccyclists were attacked on a very popular bicycle trail in St.Petersburg Fl. ....unfortunately most of these bicyclists that get attacked do not know this section of the trail is very dangerous because of the black neighborhood it goes through....yet the authorities never explain this nor identify the race of the perpetrators ...the police just tell everyone to be careful of their surroundings....it being politically incorrect to tell the naive and innocent bicyclists what causes certain surroundings to be dangerous ...most especially this particular section of the trail where over the year numerous bicyclists have been attacked by black teens and some have been killed.

St. Pete PD on mahhunt for suspects in Pinellas trail atack

Start your own media group and stop demanding that a private enterprise bend to your idea of what is most important.

I have seen many literally dumb ass liberals before but this board seems to have the lamest and dumbest liberals of all the boards.........why is that?

I couldn't help but notice also.
On this forum the conservatives tend to know their material, resources, and direct citations.

On the forum where I was first referred over here, that one has more intellectually grounded liberals, including a former Republican who is very good with solid references and explanations. That one used to be under backpage.com but had to move to evilempire

So to understand and connect with conservatives, I would recommend this forum.
And for liberals, I recommend the other. I can't get answers from liberals on this one
without personal insults, even though I am a prochoice progressive Democrat myself.
Because I am a Constitutionalist I am able to fit here, but not with fellow liberals as much.

The only conservatives I saw on that other forum were a disaster.
Could not back up their arguments, and were getting run over and picked apart by liberals.
They are likely thinking the same thing: why do all the liberals here have their act together
but the conservatives don't know what they are talking about and just parrot other people!

It is the media who has kept us free from an oppressive government for 200 years.

Ja Herr Goebbels....

The media has done more to protect our freedoms than all the gun owners in history

Yes and no, RW.
A very wise humble pastor once advised me to distinguish
spiritual freedom from political freedom.

Yes, spiritual freedom is more important and must come first.
Freedom of the Press was behind the Lutheran Reformation that rebuilt the church on scriptural literacy and foundation at a time the Catholic authority had bought sold and corrupted the practice and teaching.

The same is happening with the Constitutional revival to teach people the law and hold govt in check.

I agree the spirit of the laws comes before the letter, and before enforcement physically.

Then on a physical level of politics and govt, where firearms have been used for DEFENSE of the law, these go hand in hand.

I'd still say education, literacy of the law, and use of the free press and media to promote this knowledge comes first; but that is NOT ENOUGH to enforce laws in the physical world.

So all the military, defense, police and independent militia, security and armed citizens who have defended the law hold a key place in history; as the only reason there has been peace in areas that don't yet have equal freedom of the press to defend laws by free choice. We couldn't have stopped the holocaust of Hitler with just freedom of the press, but physical force was needed to stop the physical genocide.

Even if the world were perfect, we would still need both to cover all realms from the spiritual to the physical, in order to defend laws from abuse and aggression on all levels.

You cannot substitute one for the other, even though spiritual freedom governs the other.
Freedom of the Press lands in the middle where the knowledge and agreement on
laws brings the spirit and the letter together, balancing peace and freedom for justice.

NOTE: this saved me unneeded debate and division over this issue

Here are some video shorts about First Amendment and self-government that two friends helped me to edit for contests or conferences:

http://www.emilynghiem.com.istemp.com/fa/First Amendment Series/first amendment draft2_0001.wmv

http://www.emilynghiem.com.istemp.com/fa/JudgmentCall2011.avi

Last edited:
Yes and no, RW.
A very wise humble pastor once advised me to distinguish
spiritual freedom from political freedom.

Yes, spiritual freedom is more important and must come first.
Freedom of the Press was behind the Lutheran Reformation that rebuilt the church on scriptural literacy and foundation at a time the Catholic authority had bought sold and corrupted the practice and teaching.

The same is happening with the Constitutional revival to teach people the law and hold govt in check.

I agree the spirit of the laws comes before the letter, and before enforcement physically.

Then on a physical level of politics and govt, where firearms have been used for DEFENSE of the law, these go hand in hand.

I'd still say education, literacy of the law, and use of the free press and media to promote this knowledge comes first; but that is NOT ENOUGH to enforce laws in the physical world.

So all the military, defense, police and independent militia, security and armed citizens who have defended the law hold a key place in history; as the only reason there has been peace in areas that don't yet have equal freedom of the press to defend laws by free choice. We couldn't have stopped the holocaust of Hitler with just freedom of the press, but physical force was needed to stop the physical genocide.

Even if the world were perfect, we would still need both to cover all realms from the spiritual to the physical, in order to defend laws from abuse and aggression on all levels.

You cannot substitute one for the other, even though spiritual freedom governs the other.

Hi Emily;

I think the main issue is that most Americans were unaware that they did NOT have a free press, until we finally got one.

What I mean is that prior to the Internet revolutionizing access to information in the early 90's, most Americans believed that the crap broadcast by the Networks and published in the papers was the actual news. It wasn't until the networks were repeatedly exposed as frauds that the majority of Americans began to understand that what they were fed as news was nothing more than propaganda, centrally managed to tell the story that the democratic party wanted told.

We currently have the freedom to obtain information, but this could be fleeting. The powers that be are none too pleased that a fraud by Dan Rather can be exposed in hours. Prior to the internet, the fraud by Rather would have never been exposed and CBS would have maneuvered the party they serve to a presidential win.

This angers the democrats, who for a generation managed the news to their own advantage. This is the reason for the irrational hatred of Fox, and Drudge, and other sources not controlled by the party.

Hi Emily;

I think the main issue is that most Americans were unaware that they did NOT have a free press, until we finally got one.

What I mean is that prior to the Internet revolutionizing access to information in the early 90's, most Americans believed that the crap broadcast by the Networks and published in the papers was the actual news. It wasn't until the networks were repeatedly exposed as frauds that the majority of Americans began to understand that what they were fed as news was nothing more than propaganda, centrally managed to tell the story that the democratic party wanted told.

We currently have the freedom to obtain information, but this could be fleeting. The powers that be are none too pleased that a fraud by Dan Rather can be exposed in hours. Prior to the internet, the fraud by Rather would have never been exposed and CBS would have maneuvered the party they serve to a presidential win.

This angers the democrats, who for a generation managed the news to their own advantage. This is the reason for the irrational hatred of Fox, and Drudge, and other sources not controlled by the party.

WOW Totally agree. You sound like my bf, he was just saying the same thing about Dan Rather and exposing the media bias once the news cycle expanded to 24 hours; I wish you would call into his radio show, let him know he's not the only one saying this who gets it.

He got the wrong impression of USMB by looking at some replies attacking Allen West skewing his history. I recommended linking USMB forum to his radio website, but he got the wrong impression from msgs on here he saw spouting things to be mean. I will let him know you pointed out the same thing, that's funny!

Note about the democratizing of the media: I still think this is in the early stages of learning there is a bias and how to overcome it. Just reacting and going to the other extreme isn't enough. There is still double division going on, and people still can't see it.

For media bias, there is just as BIG a gap where the far left is misrepresented by the political sell outs hijacking the party. The real solutions of the far left (microlending and fair trade based on free enterprise, local currency and labor coops, and other sustainable means that AREN'T about imposing through govt but teaching independence) are completely silenced because they don't empower election campaigns through the media.

Because of the corruption and abuse in the fight for power, the opponents of Democrat corruption coming from the left are just as "demonized" as the Tea Party is on the right.

People don't see this yet. they either see the political left bias is against the rightwing;
or they see the rightwing media as against the left. They don't get that both sides are still misrepresented, and the mainstream media does them equal disservice this way.

Very few people recognize both sides.

So we have only just begun the media revolution.

Until we see both sides in equal perspective, we don't realize we are not each other's enemies, but the segregation of information and contact that divides us in different realities and prevents us from getting information directly from the sources. (the only group I saw actively exposing the media bias as EQUALLY demonizing and pitting left against right to control public perception was the OCCUPY/Green movement; and they got crushed and demonized even worse than the media trashed the Tea Party as a threat.)

the mixed reporting and skewing of both sides in the Martin-Zimmerman case was another wakeup call for me. People weren't getting the same information, and were equally OUTRAGED why the other side was making accusations and had a totally different perception. So sad. Tragedy on top of tragedy and I believe the media owes the Martin family as much reparations as they owe to Zimmerman for inciting angry protests and death threats when the fear and the fight was at least mutual.

As for ACA, as long as the left and right demonize each other, this actually benefits the corrupt Democrats hijacking the liberal votes for power while silencing dissenters within their own party. the leftwing opposition to ACA is silenced, and we only hear about rightwing opposition, so politico's in the middle PLAY on fear of rightwing to get elected, benefiting when these two sides cannot align and throw out the middle man playing both sides against the other. Ted Cruz and the Tea Party sought to unite the people sold out in both parties, but they got demonized as rightwing racists. Maybe the Greens can step in, or the Libertarians and bridge those gaps. I have more hope the Tea Party and Republicans can root out problems on their side by uniting around the Constitution. The Democrats and liberals aren't used to uniting based on that, so it takes more education to build to that level. I've had to explain DUE PROCESS before taking away people's liberties, which apparently is a new concept to liberals who just want to use political power to pass laws.

I ran into so many walls with that, I am now trying to focus on prison reform, and see if that can be a unifying base to create sustainable health care by choice, not by force of law.

the educational process was a real eye opener for me, and a heartbreaker. I thought it was just a matter of teaching the Constitutional laws; then I realized these were religious differences that would not change between party camps. so then I thought if people FORGAVE each other, they could deal with each other's beliefs, right? no there was more.

Only lately I came to accept that people's natural psychology of perception and relations is different; too many liberals don't believe or connect with using the Constitution to invoke or govern any authority, but only use political party which is run by majority rule. I thought it was a matter of forgiveness and overcoming fear of oppression by others, but it was more than that.

It's not even in their brain chemistry or spirit to empower themselves to govern directly by "invoking the law", so they have no concept of this or what other people are trying to do.
they depend on OTHER people who can "invoke the law' but they can't do this themselves.
I thought it could be taught. I thought people coudl be empowered by forgiveness and overcoming fear. but if their minds are wired differently, people cannot help that.

that was the last straw for me. that's why I am pushing to separate parties as religions, because not only will their beliefs not change, but their minds are not even designed to approach government using the same process. the concept isn't there.

it's not a matter of choice, or fault in being ignorant or emotionally biased or uneducated. the psychology is just plain different where groups cannot impose on each other because some people do not have equal capacity to govern directly by law. Others can bully them.

they might be able to be taught to understand the other group has a different psychology as well as different beliefs. but they may never be able to understand by experiencing it themselves. so that was when I realized how deep this goes and why we need to separate.

it broke my heart to understand this. and to see other people don't get it at all and blame each other for differences and imposing while trying to defend themselves from each other.

Last edited:
And.........................another victim of black racism....aka the so called 'knockout game'....which is a black racist game....see if we can knock out that white dude with one punch...video tape it and show it to our black friends and thus we will feel victorious over the evil white folk who are holding us down.....that is the reality.

Yet the media persists in trying to play it down...trying to make it appear that it is just a 'game' played by some errant teenagers....the inevitable term they use....'teens' is always employed to make the attacks seem less viscious....that term has been used so much that now most people associate it with black racist thugs.

Bowery Assault Victim Confident He?s A Victim Of ?Knockout Game? « CBS New York

The libtards get upset when I say these negro thugs are not fully human....but really....what kind of animal does this stuff? >>>>>>Diner Attacked After Refusing Seattle Man's Demand For A Bite Of His Burrito | The Smoking Gun

"Knockout game" is a concept I (and the vast majority of the population) would never have heard of if not for this site and the Fox Noises feeding it. Yeah, that's a real story. Guess you have to subscribe to the same comic book that imagines Jay Leno getting fired for reading his own teleprompter as some sort of government boogeyman. :ack-1:

:lmao:

"Negro thugs are not fully human"? Why am I not surprised that you're not only stupid and gullible but a racist as well...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htT4ErBz1Oc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htT4ErBz1Oc[/ame]

Last edited:
The libtards get upset when I say these negro thugs are not fully human....but really....what kind of animal does this stuff? >>>>>>Diner Attacked After Refusing Seattle Man's Demand For A Bite Of His Burrito | The Smoking Gun

"Knockout game" is a concept I (and the vast majority of the population) would never have heard of if not for this site and the Fox Noises feeding it. Yeah, that's a real story. Guess you have to subscribe to the same comic book that imagines Jay Leno getting fired for reading his own teleprompter as some sort of government boogeyman. :ack-1:

:lmao:

"Negro thugs are not fully human"? Why am I not surprised that you're not only stupid and gullible but a racist as well...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htT4ErBz1Oc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htT4ErBz1Oc[/ame]

You would not have heard of it because the mainstream media does its best to not report it...in fact there are many, many more instances of this particular black racist vandetta than even seen on here or on Fox because the only ones to make it into any kind of media outlet are those that are videotaped...the great majority are not on video and thus only those involved usually know about it.

You take on the purging of Jay Leno for political reasons is skewered....i.e. Jay Leno had 'artistic control' of his show....he wrote a lot of his own material and if you think for one second that NBC would have presented the material Jay used to expose the stupidity of Obama you have no grasp of what is going on in the media.

In a nutshell you are naive and tooooo prone to fall for the propaganda presented by the mainstream media.

Forum List

Back