The Man with the Iron Mask

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
Don't know if it is the correct title in English, but it is the translation of the french one.
The movie with Di Caprio as Louis XIV, and Depardieu and Malkovich as mousketeers.

It's a quite old movie, but I've seen it today on TV.

Don't know what you think or thought about it, but it is quite a great shit.

and the last sentence of the movie, about Louis XIV, made me laugh : "Louis XIV brought to his people, bread, prosperity and peace. he was the bigger king of France..."
WTF !

I think the authors never read a book about French History.

Louis XIV is one of our greater Kings, with Philippe II Auguste (XII-XIIIth c.), Philippe IV Le Bel (XIII-XIVth c.), Charles VII (XVth c.), François I (XVIth c.) Henri IV (XVI-XVIIth c.) and Louis XV (XVIIIth c.)
Here, ok.
and one of the best known.
under his rule, he gave to France awesome things in the arts, in architecture - like Versailles - and in the administration.
He also gave to France the 1st place in the world and the 1st army of the world.

But he also gave hungry people and war.

The Louis XIV's wars ruined the country and made the poor population hungry.

So, of course he brought greatness, world leadership, but not at all peace and bread.

That's with this kind of movies, adventures with a pseudo-historical ground, that people learn wrong things.

It's also a very very bad adaptaion of the Dumas's book.
And the fact that D'Artagnan is the father of the twin brother of the King, Philippe, is a real dumb idea.

Anyway, I still like John malkovich and find him awesome actor.

DiCaprio sucked as the lead actor of this movie. He was wooden and unimpressive and the scenes where he was talking to himself were simply unbelievable. The only reason he got the role was because of the Titanic which I thought also sucked ass.

no1tovote4 said:
DiCaprio sucked as the lead actor of this movie. He was wooden and unimpressive and the scenes where he was talking to himself were simply unbelievable. The only reason he got the role was because of the Titanic which I thought also sucked ass.

agree with you.

But I find him good in gangs of NY, and Aviator.

Now he's a best actor.

(but it's sure that Caprio as Louis XIV...when you see the paints of the King....It would be like Jim Carrey as Oliver Cromwell)

Forum List

Back