The lost generation and the Great Obama Depression

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
The lost generation and the Great Obama Depression​

By: Judson Phillips
12/8/12

Many times numbers and statistics are simply thrown at us. It is almost a mind blurring information overload.

If we take the time to look inside the numbers, what the numbers show is frightening for America.

How bad is the Great Obama Depression and what is it doing to America?

Looking at statistics in other ways, the full impact of the Great Obama Depression is evident. Since Obama became President in 2009, four million jobs have been added for workers age 55 and over. For those under age 55? They have lost three million jobs. For workers who would be in their prime years (25-54) 2.5 million jobs have been lost!

(Excerpt)

Read more:
at teapartynation.com ...

LOL. The Obama Depression, eh? And it officially started Oct, 2008. Now who was President at that time? You Teabaggers are a hoot!

LOL. The Obama Depression, eh? And it officially started Oct, 2008. Now who was President at that time? You Teabaggers are a hoot!

Well we do know that Pelosi and Reid were in control of Congress and controlled 66.6% of the power. We also know their lack of oversight and lust for even more power despite warnings from Bush completely screwed over the country for many years to come..Yup

• Banned

Is that like the recession that started in Sept 2000 while Clinton was president?

Bush's Bushwa

The president and his aides keep lying about when the recession started.

By Daniel Gross|
Dec. 30, 2002

President Bush opened his final radio address of the year this way: "In 2002, our economy was still recovering from the attacks of September the 11th, 2001, and it was pulling out of a recession that began before I took office."

Bush concluded 2002 with the same dishonesty that defined his economic policy throughout the year—a mendacity that ranged from denying the tax cut had anything to do with the re-emergence of the deficit to arguing that the terrorism insurance bill would create 300,000 construction jobs.

In fact, there is no evidence that the economy was in recession when President Bush took the oath of office on Jan. 20, 2001. Yes, growth was slowing, and the longest expansion in American history was running out of steam. But the U.S. economy did not go into recession until Bush's presidency, according to both of the most accepted definitions.

One definition of recession is two consecutive quarters with a declining gross domestic product. By this measure, the economy was explicitly not in recession when Bush took the oath of office on Jan. 20.

According to the Commerce Department, the economy grew (albeit slowly) in both the third quarter and the fourth quarter of 2000, by 0.6 percent and 1.1 percent, respectively. GDP did decline in the first three quarters of 2001. So Bush would have been accurate in saying that "when I was inaugurated, the economy was three weeks into the first of three consecutive quarters in which GDP declined."

That definition of recession is a pretty blunt instrument. It doesn't indicate exactly when a recession begins, which is why economists rely on the more precise measurements of the National Bureau of Economic Research, the official arbiter of recessions and expansions. (Read this " Explainer" to learn how NBER works.) NBER has been run since 1977 by Harvard economist Martin Feldstein, an architect of the Bush tax cut and an intellectual mentor to many prominent Republican policy-makers, including Glenn Hubbard, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers.

Read more:
Bush's bushwa. - Slate Magazine

handjob.gif

12/8/12

Many times numbers and statistics are simply thrown at us. It is almost a mind blurring information overload.

If we take the time to look inside the numbers, what the numbers show is frightening for America.

Looking at statistics in other ways, the full impact of the Great Obama Depression is evident. Since Obama became President in 2009, four million jobs have been added for workers age 55 and over. For those under age 55? They have lost three million jobs. For workers who would be in their prime years (25-54) 2.5 million jobs have been lost!

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Teatard Nation?

How's it going in the Land Of Obscurity?

The Teabagger movement is now officially just a footnote in history.... if that.

Where do you GET this stuff? I mean...you constantly spam the boards with some of the most ridiculous, outrageous, infantile nonsense I believe I've ever seen, and I've been to 2 world fairs, the circus and a Mexican goat-fuckin.'

Where do you GET this stuff? I mean...you constantly spam the boards with some of the most ridiculous, outrageous, infantile nonsense I believe I've ever seen, and I've been to 2 world fairs, the circus and a Mexican goat-fuckin.'

:confused:

I'm trying to figure out how growth in both GDP and employment constitute a recession (such less a depression).

LMAO. Thanks.

Is that you in the bush?

12/8/12

(Excerpt)

Read more:

teapartynation.com

520.gif

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

"Tea Party my ass. This was nothing other than the Republican Party stealing the anger of a population that was fed up with the Republican Party’s own theft of their tax money at gunpoint to bail out the robbers of Wall Street and fraudulently redirecting it back toward electing the very people who stole all the fucking money!"

12/8/12

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Wasn't the Lost Generation those from the 1920s and 30s? What does Obamacare have to do with them?

LOL. The Obama Depression, eh? And it officially started Oct, 2008. Now who was President at that time?

You get one guess!!

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer (see below). We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

Last edited:

Well we do know that Pelosi and Reid were in control of Congress and controlled 66.6% of the power. We also know their lack of oversight and lust for even more power despite warnings from Bush completely screwed over the country for many years to come..Yup
We also know that it was Phil Gramm that sabotaged our economy for WALL $TREET'S benefit!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKvMJeBBSA]Q&A: Leslie & Andrew Cockburn - YouTube[/ame]

See: 5:00 thru 12:00

Last edited:

Is that like the recession that started in Sept 2000 while Clinton was president?

Bush's Bushwa

The president and his aides keep lying about when the recession started.

By Daniel Gross|
Dec. 30, 2002

President Bush opened his final radio address of the year this way: "In 2002, our economy was still recovering from the attacks of September the 11th, 2001, and it was pulling out of a recession that began before I took office."

Bush concluded 2002 with the same dishonesty that defined his economic policy throughout the year—a mendacity that ranged from denying the tax cut had anything to do with the re-emergence of the deficit to arguing that the terrorism insurance bill would create 300,000 construction jobs.

In fact, there is no evidence that the economy was in recession when President Bush took the oath of office on Jan. 20, 2001. Yes, growth was slowing, and the longest expansion in American history was running out of steam. But the U.S. economy did not go into recession until Bush's presidency, according to both of the most accepted definitions.

One definition of recession is two consecutive quarters with a declining gross domestic product. By this measure, the economy was explicitly not in recession when Bush took the oath of office on Jan. 20.

According to the Commerce Department, the economy grew (albeit slowly) in both the third quarter and the fourth quarter of 2000, by 0.6 percent and 1.1 percent, respectively. GDP did decline in the first three quarters of 2001. So Bush would have been accurate in saying that "when I was inaugurated, the economy was three weeks into the first of three consecutive quarters in which GDP declined."

That definition of recession is a pretty blunt instrument. It doesn't indicate exactly when a recession begins, which is why economists rely on the more precise measurements of the National Bureau of Economic Research, the official arbiter of recessions and expansions. (Read this " Explainer" to learn how NBER works.) NBER has been run since 1977 by Harvard economist Martin Feldstein, an architect of the Bush tax cut and an intellectual mentor to many prominent Republican policy-makers, including Glenn Hubbard, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers.

Read more:
Bush's bushwa. - Slate Magazine

It was called the dot com bust for the ignorant. Bush got his tax cuts passed and federal revenue increased by 35% between 2003 and 2007. Then along came Reid and Pelosi.

Yeah, Skippy...sure, Skippy....that's what happened.​

"What caused this economic downturn goes back to when George W. Bush was merely President-elect, waiting to take office, and continued on through his first six months in office.

Repeatedly, President-elect, and then President, Bush talked about how the economy was in trouble. Arriving in office following the longest continuous economic upturn in generations, President Bush seized on a stock market that had faltered some in the uncertainty following the 2000 Presidential election.

The "bad" economy, he talked about. Again and again. The "bad" economy.

You know what happened as a result? I can tell you from my personal experience, the CFO of the corporation I was working for called a meeting and said, "The President keeps talking about the economy being 'bad.' Now, things don't seem bad, but let's just hold off on any new hires until we see how this pans out. And, let's hold off on all non-vital purchases, just for the time being."

And you can see right there how simply the words of President George W. Bush started slamming the breaks of the economy.

This, of course, all snowballed."

I spent six months in Mexico on a job and never did get to see a goat-fuckin.' Just curious, but did you do the goat or did the goat do you?

Forum List

Back