The Lord is mentioned in the Constitution

While I am pleased that the Lord is referenced in the Constitution, it 'is' simply a reference to the Gregorian calendar... commonly used since about 800 AD.

Does this somehow tie in with the content, purpose, or origins of the Constitution, or the mindset of it's creators?

The Gregorian calendar, also called the Western calendar and the Christian calendar
I know it's only wiki

Gregorian calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While I am pleased that the Lord is referenced in the Constitution, it 'is' simply a reference to the Gregorian calendar... commonly used since about 800 AD.

Does this somehow tie in with the content, purpose, or origins of the Constitution, or the mindset of it's creators?

The Gregorian calendar, also called the Western calendar and the Christian calendar
I know it's only wiki

lead paint chips are not a snack food.

8NWA

That';s exactly how I feel when people ignore the facts.

They sure as HELL weren't talking about the 'House of Lords' or King George III in England.

You just have to pause for a second and scratch your head and wonder how some people can actually justify their thought process and the founding fathers

It's so simple, and right before them...easy language to understand...but still denied. Even in the DOI...(which is codified BY the Constitution), talks at length about God and affairs of men.

The deniers have a problem with powers beyond thier understanding. They're afraid of it, and therefore MUST deny it. Only explination I have my friend.

:dunno:

So true.

You just have to pause for a second and scratch your head and wonder how some people can actually justify their thought process and the founding fathers

It's so simple, and right before them...easy language to understand...but still denied. Even in the DOI...(which is codified BY the Constitution), talks at length about God and affairs of men.

The deniers have a problem with powers beyond thier understanding. They're afraid of it, and therefore MUST deny it. Only explination I have my friend.

So true.

Making good on a promise to a friend to summarize his views on Christianity, Thomas Jefferson set to work with scissors, snipping out every miracle and inconsistency he could find in the New Testament Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Then, relying on a cut-and-paste technique, he reassembled the excerpts into what he believed was a more coherent narrative and pasted them onto blank paper -- alongside translations in French, Greek and Latin.

Jefferson Bible | A Founding Father's view of God - Los Angeles Times

I know it's only wiki

Well The Gregorian calendar was mentioned. How can someone so aware of the facts be so taken with lead paint chips? Maybe you Del had too many sandwichs made of lead chip paint in your younger days.:confused:

I know it's only wiki

be vewy, vewy, carfwew...the constitutional watch dawgs are on to you

So true.

Making good on a promise to a friend to summarize his views on Christianity, Thomas Jefferson set to work with scissors, snipping out every miracle and inconsistency he could find in the New Testament Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Then, relying on a cut-and-paste technique, he reassembled the excerpts into what he believed was a more coherent narrative and pasted them onto blank paper -- alongside translations in French, Greek and Latin.

Jefferson Bible | A Founding Father's view of God - Los Angeles Times

OH Thomas Jefferson? Do you mean the same Thomas Jefferson who wrote this in his personal Bible?

"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus. I have little doubt that our whole country will soon be rallied to the unity of our creator."

It doesn't specify which Lord they are referring to?

It very simple to understand what LORD they were talking about. What was the predominant Religion of the Founders of America? How many of the Founders were muslin?

Its your opinion about what Lord they were talking about.

What Religion were the founding fathers? What was the need for a Congressional Chaplain of the Christian faith? We have one since the birth of this nation.

Why does this even matter? The FF also understood or at least seemed to understand that if religious whack jobs got into Government they could write laws that give power to the church... hence the amendment that strips out Government of being able to do so.

This whole argument stems from religious crazy’s wanting to claim we are “Christian nation” when in fact we are all just Americans with the freedom to hold any or no religious beliefs. That is the polar opposite of a “Christian nation,” by literal definition.

I doubt one in 1 hundred Christians honestly believe they lead a good Christian life.

It very simple to understand what LORD they were talking about. What was the predominant Religion of the Founders of America? How many of the Founders were muslin?

Its your opinion about what Lord they were talking about.

What Religion were the founding fathers? What was the need for a Congressional Chaplain of the Christian faith? We have one since the birth of this nation.

What their faith was is up to them, and being they are not here to defend their position I unlike you have no interests what so ever to put the words in their mouth.

Fact is, I am more supportive of the FF's religious beliefs than you are seeing I don't care and you work to mold their words knowing they are not here to tell you get fucked.

Why does this even matter? The FF also understood or at least seemed to understand that if religious whack jobs got into Government they could write laws that give power to the church... hence the amendment that strips out Government of being able to do so.

This whole argument stems from religious crazy’s wanting to claim we are “Christian nation” when in fact we are all just Americans with the freedom to hold any or no religious beliefs. That is the polar opposite of a “Christian nation,” by literal definition.

I doubt one in 1 hundred Christians honestly believe they lead a good Christian life.

I haven't said anything about America being a Christian nation It's just built on that foundation. It was here in this land long before America became a nation and not much other Religion had any influence on the building of this nation. Other than judeo christian belief's

Forum List

Back