The Lord is mentioned in the Constitution

our creator is mentioned in the constitution.

No one is forcing you to believe in anything. But the fact is the LORD is mentioned and it was our LORD and his year that was specified.

Personally I think it is very telling of the authors that they only mention the Lord once.
Once was enough. The Lord is not like Human government that keeps the need of repetitive mentioning's.

You might want to tell the Conservative Christian Right that....they go into epileptic fits if they don't see crosses and mention of Jesus in everything.

Lord is a deferential appellation[2] for a person or deity who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler.

Lord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It means what you want. You're a religious nut. /done.

Since the founders where breaking away from being subjects of the crown and those human lords of England do you honestly think they were talking about a human lord?

I honestly don't care. They gave it as a reference of time, like it's 12 o'clock.

As for the religion they gave it no other mention and no power. They never said God, or Christian God or nothing. You WANT it to be about God so badly that you look over the obvious positions the FF took to make it in fact NOT about God.

Don't you find it odd that these FF's that were super Godly according to you did something that has never been done before in the history of mankind? They actually stripped the Government it's power to favor a religion... Think about that for 1 second if that is even possible for your brainwashed ass.

Oh, and get this… You talk about what the FF were breaking away from but forget to mention RELIGIOUS prosecution.

SHOCKING!

Don't you find it odd that these FF's that were super Godly according to you did something that has never been done before in the history of mankind?

Exactly when did I say the founders were super Godly?
Oh, and get this… You talk about what the FF were breaking away from but forget to mention RELIGIOUS prosecution.

The founders thought of God so much they felt the need to have a Congressional Chaplin which for a long time was of the Christian belief.
Oh and one of the founders wrote this

The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom - Religious Freedom Page
And the one he wrote the bill of rights also wrote this in the Virginia bill of rights

SEC. 16. That religion, or the duty which we owe to our Creator, and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence; and therefore all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience; and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity toward each other.
Virginia Declaration of Rights, 1776

"Lord" is used as a title of deference for various gods or deities. The earliest recorded use of Lord in the English language in a religious context was by English Bible translators such as Bede. It was widely used in the King James Bible translated in the 17th century.

Judaism: the Hebrew name YHWH (the Tetragrammaton) is usually rendered "LORD" in English language Old Testament bibles.[9][10] Following practice in spoken Hebrew, the complete Septuagint mainly used the Greek word Kyrios (Greek: Κύριος, meaning 'lord') to translate YHWH.
Islam: The English term Lord is often used to translate the Arabic term rabb, used with respect to Allah.
Hinduism: In Hindu theology, The Svayam Bhagavan may refer to the concept of the Absolute representation of the monotheistic God. Another name used more commonly used in Hindu theology is Ishvara, meaning "The Lord", the personal god consisting of the holy trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva.
Semitic religions: Other deities given corresponding appellations to "Lord" include:
Baal, or Hadad, among the Caananites and most pre-monotheistic religion Semites was "The Lord" with whom only priests were allowed to speak. References to Baal in the Hebrew Bible, such as the prophet Elijah's confrontation with Baal's priests, usually correspond to local gods rather than to Hadad.
Bel meaning 'Lord' is a common title of the Babylonian deity Marduk.
En meaning 'Lord' as in Sumerian deities Enki and Enlil.
Buddhism: it refers to the Buddha and in Jainism to the Mahavira.
Nahuatl: the word 'Ahau' is translated as 'Lord' in reference to Aztec deities.
Classical Greece: The name of the Greek god Adonis is regarded by many as a cognate of the Hebrew word for "lord", Adonai.
Mormonism: it is believed that Jesus Christ was the YHVH (Jehovah) of the Old Testament in his pre-mortal existence, and since that name is translated "The Lord" in the King James Bible, in Mormonism "The Lord" refers to Jesus Christ, while Elohim, the being that created the cosmos, is referred to as "God". (See Mormon cosmology for references)
Wicca: the Wiccan God is often referred to as 'The Lord' and the Wiccan Goddess as 'The Lady', or in the combination 'Lord and Lady' (in this form, the definite article "the" is usually omitted), usually in reference to a mythological pairing such as Cernunos and Cerridwen, Lucifer and Diana (as in Stregheria, sometimes along with their daughter, Aradia, for whom alternate titles applied, such as 'Holy Pilgrimess' or 'Holy Sister'), Hades and Persephone, and so forth. Some Wiccans such as Gerald Gardner taught that there is another pantheistic Deity above these two which he called by the Aristotlean name the Prime Mover; Patricia Crowther uses the term "Dryghten", an Old English name for The Lord to refer to this Deity; while Starhawk uses the name Star Goddess to describe the being that created the cosmos. (See Wiccan views of divinity for references)

Man I'm owning you so hard I just can't stop.

Fair enough But I did say this country was built on judeo christian roots. And could you give me some reference to what founders might have had some teaching of those other religions that you mentioned that they would have used the name Lord in any other way than talking about God?

It's the fucking time dude... It has been said millions of times. You WANT there to be more, that is all. You are digging and digging so hard.

It's not that I don't believe, it's that I fear if I went to church that God would disown me. "You people" care more about your club than the message. You care more about scoring points than the message.

Upon this rock I build my church.

The religion I see out there today is everything Jesus was agaisnt. "You people" want power, power in numbers, power through respect. Just live your own life, don't try and control everyone else's.

Yes I know The Gregorian calendar, also called the Western calendar and the Christian calendar Any thing else to add?

It doesn't specify which Lord they are referring to?

It very simple to understand what LORD they were talking about. What was the predominant Religion of the Founders of America? How many of the Founders were muslin?

The date.....lol....the date....:lol:....the date....:rofl:....the date

Yes I know The Gregorian calendar, also called the Western calendar and the Christian calendar Anything else there ol'e bright one?

While I am pleased that the Lord is referenced in the Constitution, it 'is' simply a reference to the Gregorian calendar... commonly used since about 800 AD.

Does this somehow tie in with the content, purpose, or origins of the Constitution, or the mindset of it's creators?

The Gregorian calendar, also called the Western calendar and the Christian calendar
I know it's only wiki

Gregorian calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you for the history lesson, although I am well aware of that.

Please answer...
Does this somehow tie in with the content, purpose, or origins of the Constitution, or the mindset of it's creators?

I don't beleive in the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God. Does that mean every time I use 2012 or any date I'm actually affirming a beleif in God?

No one is forcing you to believe in anything. But the fact is the LORD is mentioned and it was our LORD and his year that was specified.

Hmm.....let's ask Thomas Jefferson who was actually there.....

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.
-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

Thomas Jefferson quotes

But it is a good way to tell what year you're in. YOOL\2012

:eusa_angel: or :evil: take your pick

"Lord" is used as a title of deference for various gods or deities. The earliest recorded use of Lord in the English language in a religious context was by English Bible translators such as Bede. It was widely used in the King James Bible translated in the 17th century.

Judaism: the Hebrew name YHWH (the Tetragrammaton) is usually rendered "LORD" in English language Old Testament bibles.[9][10] Following practice in spoken Hebrew, the complete Septuagint mainly used the Greek word Kyrios (Greek: Κύριος, meaning 'lord') to translate YHWH.
Islam: The English term Lord is often used to translate the Arabic term rabb, used with respect to Allah.
Hinduism: In Hindu theology, The Svayam Bhagavan may refer to the concept of the Absolute representation of the monotheistic God. Another name used more commonly used in Hindu theology is Ishvara, meaning "The Lord", the personal god consisting of the holy trinity of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva.
Semitic religions: Other deities given corresponding appellations to "Lord" include:
Baal, or Hadad, among the Caananites and most pre-monotheistic religion Semites was "The Lord" with whom only priests were allowed to speak. References to Baal in the Hebrew Bible, such as the prophet Elijah's confrontation with Baal's priests, usually correspond to local gods rather than to Hadad.
Bel meaning 'Lord' is a common title of the Babylonian deity Marduk.
En meaning 'Lord' as in Sumerian deities Enki and Enlil.
Buddhism: it refers to the Buddha and in Jainism to the Mahavira.
Nahuatl: the word 'Ahau' is translated as 'Lord' in reference to Aztec deities.
Classical Greece: The name of the Greek god Adonis is regarded by many as a cognate of the Hebrew word for "lord", Adonai.
Mormonism: it is believed that Jesus Christ was the YHVH (Jehovah) of the Old Testament in his pre-mortal existence, and since that name is translated "The Lord" in the King James Bible, in Mormonism "The Lord" refers to Jesus Christ, while Elohim, the being that created the cosmos, is referred to as "God". (See Mormon cosmology for references)
Wicca: the Wiccan God is often referred to as 'The Lord' and the Wiccan Goddess as 'The Lady', or in the combination 'Lord and Lady' (in this form, the definite article "the" is usually omitted), usually in reference to a mythological pairing such as Cernunos and Cerridwen, Lucifer and Diana (as in Stregheria, sometimes along with their daughter, Aradia, for whom alternate titles applied, such as 'Holy Pilgrimess' or 'Holy Sister'), Hades and Persephone, and so forth. Some Wiccans such as Gerald Gardner taught that there is another pantheistic Deity above these two which he called by the Aristotlean name the Prime Mover; Patricia Crowther uses the term "Dryghten", an Old English name for The Lord to refer to this Deity; while Starhawk uses the name Star Goddess to describe the being that created the cosmos. (See Wiccan views of divinity for references)

Man I'm owning you so hard I just can't stop.

Fair enough But I did say this country was built on judeo christian roots. And could you give me some reference to what founders might have had some teaching of those other religions that you mentioned that they would have used the name Lord in any other way than talking about God?

Cool, our founders were Jewish.

Hmm.....let's ask Thomas Jefferson who was actually there.....

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.
-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

Thomas Jefferson quotes

But it is a good way to tell what year you're in. YOOL\2012

:eusa_angel: or :evil: take your pick

The Gregorian calendar, also called the Western calendar and the Christian calendar Any thing else?

Yes, absolutely. It means we must kill the Muslims and put Christmas trees on their graves. At once!

And Voter ID. Jesus says we have to have Voter ID.

Last edited:
They sure as HELL weren't talking about the 'House of Lords' or King George III in England.

You just have to pause for a second and scratch your head and wonder how some people can actually justify their thought process and the founding fathers

It's so simple, and right before them...easy language to understand...but still denied. Even in the DOI...(which is codified BY the Constitution), talks at length about God and affairs of men.

The deniers have a problem with powers beyond thier understanding. They're afraid of it, and therefore MUST deny it. Only explination I have my friend.

:dunno:

The DOI? Mostly about the affairs between the colonist and the English. God? Not so much except to turn the tables on the King, who also had many proclamations and writs that say he was anointed by God to rule over the yabba, yabbas....

This is almost as sad as the OP’s failed ‘judge disqualifies Obama from Georgia presidential ballot’ thread.

I ahd almost forgotten about that. How about it, OP? You got any comment on the fact that Obama WAS NEVER REMOVED FROM THE GA BALLOT, like you said he was? :rofl:

I really hate your fucking gut's I honestly do. I would treat you no differently than a little piss ant under my feet.

Forum List

Back