The Logic of the left.

Did you know like Romney in the 2012 Presidential Loser Election, when America stayed Blue, the Good Ship Wingnut has taken hold of the economic argument that is a loser for them? Yep, they ran out of ammo and have now resorted to plastic mallets and water pistols.

Oh yeah, they have talking points now...taxing the Super Wealthy will not settle the debt (not that anyone actually says it will) and other imbecilic straw man arguments

:lol: eight thread

The GOP needs to get their heads out of their asses and stop trying to destroy the nation in a childish attempt to make Obama look bad.

It didn't work, the american people threw the GOP over their knee and gave them a hell of a spanking, and Obama is in for the next four years. It's time for the GOP to grow up.

Uh it works great the democrats just did a better job of it? This election was won not on obama's record but on vilifying Romney.

According to the left the Country gave a mandate to Obama to raise taxes and do anything he wants.
Incorrect.

That’s something you dreamed upon your own.

The message from the voters is they’re sick of republican obstructionism and want both parties to work together to address the Nation’s problems.

According to the left the Country gave a mandate to Obama to raise taxes and do anything he wants. It has been proclaimed to be true by Obama admin officials Obama and the lefties on this board.

Using that Logic then in 2004 when Bush got reelected he had a mandate to do what ever he chose to do, remind us how the left responded to THAT claim?

For all you righties willing to throw in the towel remind yourself of how a split Government ACTUALLY works,

One house drafts a bill and submits it to the other house, the second house sends the bill to committee, makes the changes they think are appropriate and then passes it, the new bill is sent to a house senate committee to see if the differences can be worked out,

Now remind yourself How Reid for the last 2 years ran the Senate? He simply refused to send to committee any bill he disagreed with, he refused to do his Congressional, Constitutional duty. And now suddenly we the right are supposed to roll over and do what ever the left demands, doesn't wotk that way. The House must continue to vote its conscious and the Senate must do its Constitutional duty not stonewall the House.

But did you agree with the Liberals take on W's supposed mandate?

Unless a President wins by a lot and also wins the House and the Senate, he has no mandate. He should however govern as he thinks is right. And claiming Obama has mandate while the people kept the House in Republican hands is Hilarious.

So to clarify, you agreed with Liberals that said W didn't have a mandate when reelected?

According to the left the Country gave a mandate to Obama to raise taxes and do anything he wants.
Incorrect.

That’s something you dreamed upon your own.

The message from the voters is they’re sick of republican obstructionism and want both parties to work together to address the Nation’s problems.

So Biden never said Obama had a mandate? None of the Democrats in congress said Obama has a mandate? No talking heads have claimed Obama has a mandate? None of the posters on this board have claimed Obama has a mandate? What rock do you live under?

But did you agree with the Liberals take on W's supposed mandate?

Unless a President wins by a lot and also wins the House and the Senate, he has no mandate. He should however govern as he thinks is right. And claiming Obama has mandate while the people kept the House in Republican hands is Hilarious.

So to clarify, you agreed with Liberals that said W didn't have a mandate when reelected?

Not sure any President has had a mandate. And any President that had a divided Congress sure as hell had no mandate.

However in 2004 Bush did have both Houses of Congress, the Senate was a squeaker but he had them.

Last edited:
Tell us what you think, not what "the left" thinks. You've created a strawman. The election, if it said anything at all, told the Republicans they have to sit down and really negotiate. The ball is in THEIR court. The president can't do anything about fiscal matters until the House acts. Anyone that says he can do whatever he wants is full of shit and your quoting them as if it were true, is just ridiculous.

So your fine with the senate ignoring their legal responsibility to pass a budget. Your dear leader has stated he is more concerned about preceived fairness than effective policies, when are you going to say something about that. Or do you share that ideology?

If I stand corrected, then do so. I do believe the senate has already passed a budget, its the house that is the hold up, NO? also Texas, I keep seeing your posts all over the place smearing shit on the walls of these forums, So please tell me how you can think the way you do, I mean 95% of the shit that comes out of your mouth is just that, SHIT!

Tell us what you think, not what "the left" thinks. You've created a strawman. The election, if it said anything at all, told the Republicans they have to sit down and really negotiate. The ball is in THEIR court. The president can't do anything about fiscal matters until the House acts. Anyone that says he can do whatever he wants is full of shit and your quoting them as if it were true, is just ridiculous.

So your fine with the senate ignoring their legal responsibility to pass a budget. Your dear leader has stated he is more concerned about preceived fairness than effective policies, when are you going to say something about that. Or do you share that ideology?

If I stand corrected, then do so. I do believe the senate has already passed a budget, its the house that is the hold up, NO? also Texas, I keep seeing your posts all over the place smearing shit on the walls of these forums, So please tell me how you can think the way you do, I mean 95% of the shit that comes out of your mouth is just that, SHIT!

There has been no budget passed since mid 2009, what has occurred is continuing resolutions. Why? Because in 2010 the Democrats were afraid of the election so put it off till after, they lost the house and a lot in the Senate so put it off till the next Congress.

In 2011 and this year the Dems in the Senate REFUSE to even look at the budget bills passed by the House. The House did its duty and passed all Budget bills and sent them to the Senate.

Normally I wouldn't bother to respond to some one so obviously ignorant, just do a search on what your dear leader said about capital gains taxes. He wants to raise them even with the knowledge that historically when that was done in the past revenues went down, for the sake of fairness. Here's the first link that showed up on my search: Obama admits using tax policy to promote “fairness” not to raise revenue | RedState Read it and I'm very sure your appology will come quickly. Idiot

There has been no budget passed since mid 2009, what has occurred is continuing resolutions. Why?

Because for the same reasons the nation's credit was downgraded.

The GOP trash refuses to cut a single penny of their insane spending that got the nation into this mess in the first place.

There has been no budget passed since mid 2009, what has occurred is continuing resolutions. Why?

The GOP trash refuses to cut a single penny of their insane spending that got the nation into this mess in the first place.

Hate to tell ya bub, it was the commiecrats that raised the baseline budget by 30% over that of the Bush admin., so sleep well there in your fantasy land, and for heaven sake, take your meds it's really important.

So the GOP are the spenders?

It's the Twilight Zone.

There has been no budget because the Senate won't do it. President Obama's last budget proposal didn't get a single vote.

So the GOP are the spenders?

It's the Twilight Zone.

There has been no budget because the Senate won't do it. President Obama's last budget proposal didn't get a single vote.

Careful, these people don't do well with facts, they're much more suited to misinformation and propaganda.

Forum List

Back