The Lies of Franklin Roosevelt

Unbelievable that even he would actually post such a thing. I didn't think they made dunce caps that huge.

I think I'm incapable of being surprised by anything leftists do any more.

Desensitized by overexposure to lefty idiots here.

Geez, didn't mean to hurt your feelings and now you go away mad. If you want to talk about logic and English then OK we'll do it, even on the history board. So let's start with the definition of the Argument by Authority fallacy? Do you have a definiltion, not a definition that you made up on your very own but a definition by a real authority, and if you cite the authority that would make it sort of scholarly.

So let's start with the definition of the Argument by Authority fallacy? Do you have a definiltion [sic], not a definition that you made up on your very own but a definition by a real authority, and if you cite the authority that would make it sort of scholarly.

This is all you can do? Endlessly 'request' that I teach you the same lesson over and over and over? You're pathetic. You are spamming at this point.

Every time you are left with nothing but this silly game you prove that you cannot defend that scumbag FDR.

So let's start with the definition of the Argument by Authority fallacy? Do you have a definiltion [sic], not a definition that you made up on your very own but a definition by a real authority, and if you cite the authority that would make it sort of scholarly.

This is all you can do? Endlessly 'request' that I teach you the same lesson over and over and over? You're pathetic. You are spamming at this point.

Every time you are left with nothing but this silly game you prove that you cannot defend that scumbag FDR.

The problem is that your definition of the Authority fallacy is different than the ones in my texts. So did I read your definition wrong, or are the texts wrong, or your definition, I'm sure the latter.
FDR is and has been defended by more able people than I, and you have posted few facts, in your attacks but a lot of opinions. But opinions are meaningless unless you have some expertise behind the opinions, and I see little historical expertise.
FDR made many mistakes, but the historians agree with me that his mistakes were minor compared to his accomplishments, if not they would not have rated him America's greatest president.

Maybe in your eyes a failure, but in the eyes of the voters of that period, a total success. During FDR's time the American people elected FDR four times in a row, a reward the people gave to no other president. Add to the people's electing FDR four times, the historians since 1948 have rated FDR as one of the three greatest American presidents and in the last rating, rated FDR as America's greatest president. Winning four elections and historians rating FDR as America's greatest president, is not proof nor even evidence of a failed presidency?

And in the eyes of voters of this period, Obama is the Messiah. The fact that you can get retards in the moment to believe anything impresses no one but other retards.

Obama is not viewed as the Messiah. His approval ratings are below 50%. The actual far left are almost always angry with him. The whole Messiah thing is a propaganda ploy by the right to convince low information supporters like yourself that they are intellectually above those who support Obama. Hence, people who disagree with your political values are "retards". In the meantime, if one goes back and reads your post on the subject of FDR they find absolutely no facts or even opinions in regards to the subject. Instead they find jiberish, name calling, silly insults, etc. In other words, nothing intellectual or academic. Think about this, you just called what American's have come to call "The Greatest Generation" a bunch of retards. The people who worked themselves out of the worlds greatest depression and went on to win the worlds greatest war in history were a bunch of retards according to you. Really, give it some thought. Who is the retard, or at least who is the one with a retarded thought process?

"The whole Messiah thing is a propaganda ploy by the right....blah blah blah...."

Not satisfied with being identified as a moron....now you insist on adding 'liar' to the appellation.....

Coulter:
The mob characteristic most gustily exhibited by liberals is the tendency to worship and idolize their political leaders. Le Bon explained that mobs can only grasp the “very simple and very exaggerated.” Their chosen images must be absolute and uncompromising…

Passionate adoration are the primitive emotions of a mob, sentiments generally associated with women, children, and savages, according to Le Bon.

Check out some examples….

1. The Hollywood celebrities pledge Go to 3:54: "I pledge to be a servant to our president and all mankind." Creepy?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kAw4OTlA0]Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher's I Pledge Video - YouTube[/ame]

2. Time's Nancy Gibbs who opened this week's cover story by comparing Obama with Jesus: “Some princes are born in palaces. Some are born in mangers. But a few are born in the imagination, out of scraps of history and hope...” In the November 17 issue.

3. Chris Matthews: "If you're in [a room] with Obama, you feel the spirit moving." Book Monitor (Current Edition)

4. “Obama seemed the political equivalent of a rainbow — a sudden preternatural event inspiring awe and ecstasy....” Time’s Joe Klein, October 23, 2006 cover story, "Why Barack Obama Could Be the Next President."

5. NBC’s Matt Lauer noted that “people” have called Obama “ ‘The Savior,’ ‘The Messiah,’ ‘The Messenger of Change,’ “ Today Show, NBC, October 20, 2008.

6. The New York Time’s Judith Warner reported, “Many women- not too surprisingly – were dreaming about sex with the president [Obama]”.http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...t-a-president/
“…the Obamas are not just a beacon of hope, inspiration and “demigodlikeness,” Ibid.

7. David Cordero, 24, made the sculpture for his senior show after noticing all the attention Obama has received: "All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said.Sculpture of Obama as Jesus causes stir - politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

8. . In its November 22, 2010 issue, Obama has been shown by Newsweek on its cover page with multiple arms balancing several policy issues while raising his left leg mimicking the cosmic dance of the Hindu deity; considered a manifestation of Lord Shiva.
... Newsweek has named Obama "god of all things" on its cover.
SOURCE: Times of India (November 20, 2010).

9. “I haven’t seen a politician get this kind of walk-on-water coverage since Colin Powell a dozen years ago flirted with making a run for the White House,” said Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz on Meet the Press in February 2007

10. Samantha Fennell, formerly an associate publisher of Elle, wrote on the magazine’s website a month later: “When I attended my second “Obama Live” fund-raiser last week at New York City’s Grand Hyatt, . . . I was on my feet as Senator Obama entered the room. Fate had blessed me in this moment. . . . In a moment of divine intervention, he saw me,…”

11.Filmmaker Spike Lee, predicting an Obama victory, implicitly compared the candidate with Christ: “You’ll have to measure time by ‘Before Obama’ and ‘After Obama.’ . . .

12. Jesse Jackson, Jr. called Obama’s securing the Democratic nomination “so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance.”

13. . Louis Farrakhan went one better, according to the website WorldNetDaily: “Barack has captured the youth. . . . That’s a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking.”

14. His followers needed to re-elect him to a second term, so that he could continue to accomplish the promises he made, thus, realizing his vision of America as a more perfect political union or “heaven here on earth.”
The Gospel According to Apostle Barack, by Barbara A. Thompson.

15. "Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

I have more if you're not choking enough on the above.

Really makes you look like a fool, doesn't it.....

Last edited:
If I were a politician I would rather have the Koch brothers support my campaign than have people call me a Messiah.

If I were a politician I would rather have the Koch brothers support my campaign than have people call me a Messiah.

The Koch Brothers myth is a creation of the Leftist propaganda machine. It is designed to hide the financial manipulations of the Leftist criminal George Soros.

As folks....not you, of course,....became aware of the breadth and depth of Soros' power, it became incumbent upon his minions to find some way to shield him.

The point: the financial input of Koch, as compared to Soros, would be like comparing a bamboo hut to the palace of Versailles.

Soros has claimed that he has donated over $7 billion to Leftwing groups.
"The New Leviathan," Horowitz and Laksin

Three Koch foundations made a total of 181 grants worth $25,405,525 in 2010 (most recent available records). The one Tides Foundation made a total of 2,627 grants worth $143,529,590 in 2010.
Liberal group grants over 5x as much as Koch Brothers but goes largely unnoticed by the media | Human Events

Why? Seems to me it's the shyster politician being worshipped as a Messiah by you drooling unwashed masses who's actually got his butt parked in the White House at the moment.

The problem is that your definition of the Authority fallacy is different than the ones in my texts.

No, the problem is that you don't understand the full definition because you only read the jacket of an intro course book. I very kindly explained it to you in full but you are either too stupid to understand or refuse to do so because it would deprive you of your one and only argument in defending that scumbag FDR.

The Koch Brothers myth is a creation of the Leftist propaganda machine. It is designed to hide the financial manipulations of the Leftist criminal George Soros.

As folks....not you, of course,....became aware of the breadth and depth of Soros' power, it became incumbent upon his minions to find some way to shield him.

The point: the financial input of Koch, as compared to Soros, would be like comparing a bamboo hut to the palace of Versailles.

Three Koch foundations made a total of 181 grants worth $25,405,525 in 2010 (most recent available records). The one Tides Foundation made a total of 2,627 grants worth $143,529,590 in 2010.
Liberal group grants over 5x as much as Koch Brothers but goes largely unnoticed by the media | Human Events

Just another fine example of left wing bias in the media....and yet there are those on the Left who still proclaim left wing media bias does not exist....further proof of their psychosis.

Ask any run of the mill Leftist about the Koch brothers and many become unhinged. Ask them about Soros and many will not even know who he is. CRAZY!

The problem is that your definition of the Authority fallacy is different than the ones in my texts.

No, the problem is that you don't understand the full definition because you only read the jacket of an intro course book. I very kindly explained it to you in full but you are either too stupid to understand or refuse to do so because it would deprive you of your one and only argument in defending that scumbag FDR.

If I were the only one defending FDR I might be concerned but the evidence is overwhelming that FDR was one of the three greatest American presidents as cited by historians since 1948. Add to that, in the last survey 238 noted historians and presidential experts named FDR number one, the best president we've ever had. Your argument pointing out that in your expert opinion he was a scumbag is sort of lost in the big picture.

When I ask you to cite your source you go through a whole mumble jumble of evasions such is in this post. Anyway, here is the definition of the fallacy of Argument Ad Verecundiam as cited on page 118 of Introduction to Logic by Copi, U of Hawaii and Cohen, U of Michigan: The fallacy appeal to inappropriate authority arises when the appeal is made to parties having no legitimate claim to authority in the matter at hand.
Seems the 238 noted historians have some claim to be authorities.
Now, for your definition and source?
But in all fairness I might inform Siena College and those 238 historians that you think FDR was a scumbag.

If I were the only one defending FDR I might be concerned .

Ah, and now Appeal to Popularity. See what happens when you can't think for yourself?

....as cited on page 118 of Introduction to Logic by Copi, U of Hawaii and Cohen, U of Michigan: The fallacy appeal to inappropriate authority arises when the appeal is made to parties having no legitimate claim to authority in the matter at hand.

Remember when I told you that you didn't understand the full definition? Well, you've proved it again. That, or you are so completely out of hope now that you are being deliberately dishonest.

Fuck you unkotare. you would have made a perfect member of the America first committee with lindbergh you anti semite scum

....as cited on page 118 of Introduction to Logic by Copi, U of Hawaii and Cohen, U of Michigan: The fallacy appeal to inappropriate authority arises when the appeal is made to parties having no legitimate claim to authority in the matter at hand.

Remember when I told you that you didn't understand the full definition? Well, you've proved it again. That, or you are so completely out of hope now that you are being deliberately dishonest.

So I'll give you another source and definition: "Attacking Faulty Reasoning" by T. Edward Damer of Emory College. "Definition This fallacy consists in attempting to support a claim by quoting the judgement of one who is not an authority in the field, of an unidentified authority, or the judgement of an authority who is likely to be biased in some way."
Let's face it, you got caught creating a definition that supported your argument and when someone called you on it. You checked and found you were wrong so you created a smokecreen that no one was capable of understanding the definition. A grade school tactic. In any case I now have a read on your scholarship or lack thereof.

Just another fine example of left wing bias in the media....and yet there are those on the Left who still proclaim left wing media bias does not exist....further proof of their psychosis.

Ask any run of the mill Leftist about the Koch brothers and many become unhinged. Ask them about Soros and many will not even know who he is. CRAZY!

Let's enlighten them!

1. Soros has claimed that he has donated over $7 billion to his Open Society organizations. See if you can find the pattern in this partial list…

a. The Center for Constitutional Rights, founded by four longtime supporters of communist causes.
Center for Constitutional Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b. Various organizations that promote “open borders” and full citizenship rights for illegal aliens.

c. Organizations such as the Sentencing Project, which attacks the American prison system as ‘racist.’

d. The Gamaliel Foundtion and the Midwest Academy, whose radical instructors train political organizers. “Barack has acknowledged publicly that he had been the director of a Gamaliel affiliate.”
Michelle Malkin | » Creepy O-cult video of the day: ?Deliver us, Obama!? Updated

e. The Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, founded by self-declared communist Van Jones… “Van Jones’ projects have long been bankrolled by George Soros’ Open Society Institute, which gave $1 million to the Jones-founded Ella Baker Center before becoming a major donor to GFA.”
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printgroupProfile.asp?grpid=7554

2. The media is a major interest of Soros. He has investments in:

a. NBC, ABC, NYTimes, Washington Post, the Columbia School of Journalism, National Public Radio, Pacifica Foundation, and Media Matters For America.

b. Left-wing religious organizations such as Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, Jim Wallis’ Sojourners, Catholics for Choice.

c. Medea Benjamin’s Global Exchange, the organization that announced in 2004 that it would be sending aid to the families of terrorists fighting American troops in Iraq. Guide to the George Soros Network - Discover the Networks

3. In 1995, George Soros appeared on PBS with Charlie Rose, and said this:

"I like to influence policy. I was not able to get to George Bush (Senior). But now I think I have succeeded with my influence...I do now have great access in the (Clinton) administration. There is no question about this. We actually work together as a team."
Archived-Articles: Hillary, Soros, Alinsky, and Rush

a. Senators Reid and Harkin are taking their cues from Media Matters, a Soros-funded front group. As Hillary Clinton declared at the recent Yearly Kos convention (her confirming sound bite played by Rush Limbaugh on the radio), she was the mastermind behind both The Center for American Progress (her think tank) and Media Matters (her media attack machine). Hillary provides the name and political connections that Soros craves, and Soros provides the money.
Ibid.

Very few know of The Shadow Party.

So I'll give you another source and definition: "Attacking Faulty Reasoning" by T. Edward Damer of Emory College. "Definition This fallacy consists in attempting to support a claim by quoting the judgement of one who is not an authority in the field, of an unidentified authority, or the judgement of an authority who is likely to be biased in some way."
Let's face it, you got caught creating a definition that supported your argument and when someone called you on it. You checked and found you were wrong so you created a smokecreen that no one was capable of understanding the definition. A grade school tactic. In any case I now have a read on your scholarship or lack thereof.

You keep proving my point that you don't understand the full definition - even after I've explained it to you over and over and over again.

I've even tried to give you an out by suggesting you let go of the fallacy and simply attempt to defend the scumbag yourself. You refuse to answer questions when you have no answer for them, and sooner or later you fall right back on logical fallacy again.

I have to conclude that you're a partisan hack and just plain stupid.

You keep proving my point that you don't understand the full definition - even after I've explained it to you over and over and over again.

I've even tried to give you an out by suggesting you let go of the fallacy and simply attempt to defend the scumbag yourself. You refuse to answer questions when you have no answer for them, and sooner or later you fall right back on logical fallacy again.

I have to conclude that you're a partisan hack and just plain stupid.

So who decided that argument by authority is a fallacy?

Forum List

Back