the lefts reaction to the Blue Collar Anthem tells us allot about the left .

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
the leftist totalitarians dont take kindly to someone expressing how they feel or singing about how bad things have become in our country ! the left wants you to fall into line and obey and promote their narrative . tyrants ! how could anyone vote for a party like the democrat party ? dont ever question the integrity of the lefts leaders in DC !

whether or not someone likes the song isnt the point of the thread .. the point is how quickly the left goes into attack mode when someone criticizes the power elites in DC .
Who is attacking it? I haven't heard it. I do know that the Right-Wing has awful taste in music, though. They think that schlocky 'Proud to Be an American' is good.

with the surging popularity of the Blue Collar Anthem where the singer says negative things about both the right and the left only one side of the political spectrum is attacking the song ..

He certainly isn't singing about himself but he speaks for left and right it's your right wing new sources that say the left hates it. I didn't see it.

Oliver Anthony’s musical journey has not only brought him fame but also considerable fortune. His net worth oscillates between $1 and $2 million, accumulated through his professional endeavors as a singer, guitarist, and YouTuber, coupled with endorsements and sponsorships.

the leftist totalitarians dont take kindly to someone expressing how they feel or singing about how bad things have become in our country ! the left wants you to fall into line and obey and promote their narrative . tyrants ! how could anyone vote for a party like the democrat party ? dont ever question the integrity of the lefts leaders in DC !

I've been listening to anti-social music since Frank Zappa and all those anti-war songs during Nam.

Ok, so I looked into this. As usual, wingnuts and Trumpers are easily conned.

In 2016, the Obama administration raised the income threshold for federally required time-and-a-half overtime pay from around $23,000 to over $47,000. That could have helped millions of people like Anthony, but business groups balked and it was ultimately blocked in court. Here, “rich men” indeed conspired to keep overtime pay down.

But many Republican senators also opposed the move, echoing the pro-business line that it would spark layoffs. President Donald Trump raised it, but only by a meager margin that business groups found acceptable. President Biden is expected to propose raising it much higher this fall. Industry will likely oppose this again.

If and when this happens, will Republican politicians extolling Anthony’s song side with the “rich men” and argue again that mandating higher overtime pay will hurt underpaid workers like Anthony?

Forum List

Back