The Left-Wing Lies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by P@triot, Apr 23, 2017.

1. P@triot

P@triot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,957
    The headline says it all and the closing sentence caps it off perfectly...

Climate-alarmist researchers say they’ve found a disturbing strategy to trick you into ‘going green’
    Climate-alarmist researchers say they’ve found a disturbing strategy to trick you into ‘going green’

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. Bleipriester

Bleipriester Freedom!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,690
    Just wait until Trump changes his position also on global warming.

3. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,230
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  4. Republackan

Republackan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Everything the left says is a trick! That's why I only listen to them for my own amusement. It's like all the dems took the blue pill so they can stay in the delusional matrix, and make reality up as they go.

Things like, a baby in the womb isn't human if I don't want it to be. I'm a man but I don't have to be if I don't want to be. I can mase old ladies and young girls, if I don't agree with them but, it's not intolerance if I don't want to call it that. The list goes on and on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,731
    Absolutely, the left has found a trick to make you go green. A trick so sneaky and devastating that it is even working in Texas.

Texas city opts for 100% renewable energy – to save cash, not the planet

News that a Texas city is to be powered by 100% renewable energy sparked surprise in an oil-obsessed, Republican-dominated state where fossil fuels are king and climate change activists were described as “the equivalent of the flat-earthers” by US senator and GOP presidential hopeful Ted Cruz.

“I was called an Al Gore clone, a tree-hugger,” says Jim Briggs, interim city manager of Georgetown, a community of about 50,000 people some 25 miles north of Austin.
    ...................................................................................................................................................
    When its staff examined their options last year, they discovered something that seemed remarkable, especially in Texas: renewable energy was cheaper than non-renewable. And so last month city officials finalised a deal with SunEdison, a giant multinational solar energy company. It means that by January 2017, all electricity within the city’s service area will come from wind and solar power.

In 2014, the city signed a 20-year agreement with EDF for wind power from a forthcoming project near Amarillo. Taking the renewable elements up to 100%, SunEdison will build plants in west Texas that will provide Georgetown with 150 megawatts of solar power in a deal running from 2016 or 2017 to 2041. With consistent and reliable production the goal, the combination takes into account that wind farms generate most of their energy in the evenings, after the sun has set.

Texas city opts for 100% renewable energy – to save cash, not the planet

And that trick is called capitalistic economics. Solar and wind are now the cheapest forms of energy available.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,454
    It' the same strategy they've been using for years.

7. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,454
    Just start discussing the cost of their schemes and suddenly people lose interest in so-called "green energy."

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,079
    Ignoring working for you? You didn't see the post from Old Rocks about the Texas town saving money by switching to renewables?

The Left-Wing Lies

9. P@triot

P@triot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,957
    It clearly it works for you. Notice how the article doesn't say a damn thing about the ROI? That's not by mistake. It will probably take somewhere around 75 years (or more) for the city to recoup the millions and millions of dollars it costs to purchase and install solar and wind products.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,079
    :lol: Thats it... keep pulling numbers directly out of your fourth point of contact. Germany has it figured out.

Germany Just Got Almost All of Its Power From Renewable Energy

And I'm sure the TX town looked at what their ROI would be. It's not hard... there are internet calculators.

Calculating Solar ROI - SUNWORKS | SOLAR SOLUTIONS

• Funny Funny x 1