The Left wants “common sense” restrictions to the First Amendment

Talk about misinformation!

Biden lets in illegal alien criminals. One goes on to commit a horrible murder of a woman in Georgia, disfiguring her skull. Another rapes a 14-yr-old in Virginia.

Our president mentions neither of neither of these, and instead hold a press conference where he announces that America is getting safer....

1709314240666.png

[Youtube Link]

Talk about misinformation!

Biden lets in illegal alien criminals. One goes on to commit a horrible murder of a woman in Georgia, disfiguring her skull. Another rapes a 14-yr-old in Virginia.

Our president mentions neither of neither of these, and instead hold a press conference where he announces that America is getting safer....

Yes, this administration continuously gaslights the public and it's a perfect example as to why the state cannot be relied upon to be the arbiter of what misinformation is.

Do you remember all of the lies that the Democrats told about Covid?
Do you remember all of the lies that the Democrat told about Russian Collusion?
Do you remember all of the lies that the Democrat told about Jan 6?
Straw man questions.
Those weren't lies.
Covid was a real pandemic.
Russia did meddle in the 2016 election to benefit the Trump campaign and Trump encouraged it.
January 6th was a real insurgency by domestic terrorists who were assembled and mobilized by Trump in an attempt to overthrow a legigimate election.

A legal analyst at MSNBC argued earlier this week that there is a need for “common sense” restrictions to the First Amendment to prevent “disinformation” online.

The comments from University of Michigan law professor Barbara McQuade underscore how many on the far left now view basic American Constitutional rights.

In the context of American political discourse in the age of social media, McQuade said that the country’s “deep commitment to free speech,” a cornerstone of society, is leaving people vulnerable to being misled.

While hawking a new book she has authored called “Attack from Within: How Disinformation is Sabotaging America,” McQuade told MSNBC she hoped to initiate a “national conversation about truth and our commitment to [free speech].”

Comment:
Oh the irony is ludicrous.
A MSNBC legal analyst is worried about "misinformation" LOL
ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, NYT..... lie all of the time.
The Democrat Propaganda Machine churns out a daily deluge of lies every day.
And they want to be the fact checkers of the truth. LMAO
Censorship is a huge red flag for tyranny and an indication of a dangerous political cult.
The Democrats are incapable of introspection, which is another sign that they are a political cult.

View attachment 910744
Yeah only Democrats are allowed to lie like the liars they are

You guys are beginning to prove my point.

Didn't take long and I knew it wouldn't.
Didn't like the taste of your own medicine, kid?
Your point is the same as it always is: I pretend to be a moderate but I caucus with libtards.
Go ahead, flex on me now because I've embarrassed you.

A legal analyst at MSNBC argued earlier this week that there is a need for “common sense” restrictions to the First Amendment to prevent “disinformation” online.

The comments from University of Michigan law professor Barbara McQuade underscore how many on the far left now view basic American Constitutional rights.

In the context of American political discourse in the age of social media, McQuade said that the country’s “deep commitment to free speech,” a cornerstone of society, is leaving people vulnerable to being misled.

While hawking a new book she has authored called “Attack from Within: How Disinformation is Sabotaging America,” McQuade told MSNBC she hoped to initiate a “national conversation about truth and our commitment to [free speech].”

Comment:
Oh the irony is ludicrous.
A MSNBC legal analyst is worried about "misinformation" LOL
ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, NYT..... lie all of the time.
The Democrat Propaganda Machine churns out a daily deluge of lies every day.
And they want to be the fact checkers of the truth. LMAO
Censorship is a huge red flag for tyranny and an indication of a dangerous political cult.
The Democrats are incapable of introspection, which is another sign that they are a political cult.

View attachment 910744
Leftist media is simply TASS with some dressing!

Hardly just the left. It's spread out all across the political spectrum. I see just as many imbeciles on the right spouting out nonsense as I do on the left. The public, in general, is fairly ignorant.

The difference is that people on the right usually think the left's ideas are terrible, but people on the left think the right's ideas are criminal.

Didn't like the taste of your own medicine, kid?
Your point is the same as it always is: I pretend to be a moderate but I caucus with libtards.
Go ahead, flex on me now because I've embarrassed you.

I don't get into round robins with purposely ignorant and/or stupid people as it's an exercise in futility. If that's the game you want to play then I guess you'll have to go play with yourself. Have a nice day.

You may have seen it on TV or in action, up close and personal on social media: Big Tech, at the request of the federal government, has been censoring Americans who ask questions about the COVID vaccines. The unintended consequences of this blatant violation of Americans' First Amendment rights has been a growing mistrust of the government and what it says about the vaccine, resulting in a steady percentage of Americans remaining hesitant to get vaccinated. Everyday Americans are being censored by our social media giants when they ask questions or oppose the prevailing narrative. This censorship, intended to tamp down on "misinformation," is instead a leading source of vaccine hesitancy and fuels the fires of conspiracy theories.

Comment:
Remember how the crazy Left Wingers censored information about using Ivermectin to treat Covid-19.
There is no telling how many people needlessly died because they were not allowed to use Ivermectin.
Censorship has consequences.

For decades Democrats CONTROLLED information via the 3 big networks. Spun it, bastardized it, spoon fed it to the people. That's how Democrats controlled congress for 40 straight years. Then other means of obtaining information began to appear with opposing views and Democrats grip on information crumbled.

What you see today is Democrat's desperate attempt to once again gain complete control of information.

Seems like it's always some Marxist white woman spewing this sort of garbage.

The constitution was designed to limit government. Very strictly, I'd add.

Not to limit The People.

Except regarding owning slaves, and transporting booze into a jurisdiction that bans booze.

I don't get into round robins with purposely ignorant and/or stupid people as it's an exercise in futility. If that's the game you want to play then I guess you'll have to go play with yourself. Have a nice day.
Nice projection there, kiddo.

Forum List

Back