The Latest in EV News

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified

Tesla's Bill to Fix a Rain-Damaged Battery: $21,000​

Okey Dokey! Am I a bad person for laughing?

£190,000 McLaren plug-in hybrid sports car bursts into flames on TEST DRIVE a mile away from motor dealership​

How wonder how much carbon was put into the air?

£190,000 McLaren plug-in hybrid sports car bursts into flames on TEST DRIVE a mile away from motor dealership​

The couple hasn’t seen their vehicle since then, but they have received a nasty wakeup call: a repair estimate that effectively blames them for the damaged battery. Five days after Tesla picked up their car, Bacigalupo and Hussey were advised the battery had been ruined by water ingress. Because this issue is inexplicably left uncovered by the battery’s eight-year warranty, the couple must pay out-of-pocket for the component’s replacement.

It's a flood car. Kaput. Edinburgh had a flash flood and many vehicles were submerged. They are not designed to be submarines. Those flood cars are never going to be the same.

Last edited:
Like Musk, capitalism is profoundly illiterate. It's collective IQ can't seem to come up with intelligent ideas such as modular, universalized batteries. That of course, might lead to vending machines on the second floor of the parking garage. Better to perform fellatio on the Chinese pedophiles now getting the lithium from child labor.

Like Musk, capitalism is profoundly illiterate. It's collective IQ can't seem to come up with intelligent ideas such as modular, universalized batteries. That of course, might lead to vending machines on the second floor of the parking garage. Better to perform fellatio on the Chinese pedophiles now getting the lithium from child labor.
EV’s have zero to do with capitalism. It’s the government attempting to mandate a market.

Ironically, electrical fires are normally tackled with co2 fire extinguishers

It goes without saying replacing a EV battery will be terribly expensive even for the cheapest ones. And repairs to EV automobiles greatly exceed repairs to your average ICE vehicle if you can even find a mechanic willing to do the repairs on an EV.

It goes without saying replacing a EV battery will be terribly expensive even for the cheapest ones. And repairs to EV automobiles greatly exceed repairs to your average ICE vehicle if you can even find a mechanic willing to do the repairs on an EV.
EVs will get a hell of a lot cheaper. And that is going to piss off leftists.

EVs will get a hell of a lot cheaper. And that is going to piss off leftists.
The price is important to many, maybe most Americans. But being able to trust your vehicle to get you from Point A to Point B without worrying about where or if you can get fuel for it and be reasonably secure you won't get stranded somewhere in the middle of nowhere is a very significant factor too. Not to mention that the risk of my gasoline powered Subaru catching on fire or blowing up in the garage is so small I don't even have to think about it.

And what is galling to many of us with enough brain to actually understand is that EVs are not green energy to manufacture, to fuel, to dispose of. All the EVs on the planet, all the green energy production and initiatives--ALL of it--has not improved the CO2 in the atmosphere one whit or affected the climate in any way. Which means it is really time for serious people to think about that. And the infrastructure to deal with EVs is not growing anywhere nearly as fast as this Administration is pushing EVs.

Last edited:
My brother went to buy a new car. He asked the salesman about the electric version. They told him, "No, we can't recommend an EV to you. There's no future in EV's, see those EV's over there, they don't sell and depreciate faster than a sinking brick in a swimming pool".

So he has a brand new petrol car. Talk about honest dealerships.

Apparently the dealership (Not Toyota) thinks Hydrogen is only the viable option.

EV guy.jpg

Forum List

Back