The Kerry Bashing Convention

B

busch2008

What are average Americans supposed to take away from this Convention? From what I've seen so far, the message seems to be: We Republicans don't have a plan. We don't know how to fix the mess we've made so vote for Bush because Kerry is a flip flopper. What does it say about the Bush Administration that their best hope is beating down their opponent? Without the Swiftboat Vets for Bush and the Flip-Flop camgaign, Bush would be buried by Kerry.

busch2008 said:
What are average Americans supposed to take away from this Convention? From what I've seen so far, the message seems to be: We Republicans don't have a plan. We don't know how to fix the mess we've made so vote for Bush because Kerry is a flip flopper. What does it say about the Bush Administration that their best hope is beating down their opponent? Without the Swiftboat Vets for Bush and the Flip-Flop camgaign, Bush would be buried by Kerry.

Considering that you've posted nothing of substance here, just your own angst of how things are going, thought I'd give you a little personal story. This morning at school, where I am the only 'conservative' 100% of the teachers thought that Miller's speech reflected much of what they find uncomfortable with the Democratic candidate right now. I think Mr. Kerry has a big problem. There is no way that all of these will vote for Bush, but I will bet that of the 20some talking this morning, a few will, that have never voted GOP before.

Is it Irony that people who scream from the rooftops: "ANYONE but Bush!" now bitch because the case has been made "ANYONE but Kerry!"?

But the Republicans are not making the "anyone but Kerry" case. They are making the case that we have President Bush's agenda - which he has spelled out clearly from day one without flip-flopping - and that that agenda is the best one for America.

busch, I find your post extremely ironic. After all, it has been Kerry and the Democrats bashing Bush for months. Were you speaking out against the "beating down" back then? Or, like the Democratic establishment, can you only dish it out, but can't take it?

gop_jeff said:
But the Republicans are not making the "anyone but Kerry" case. They are making the case that we have President Bush's agenda - which he has spelled out clearly from day one without flip-flopping - and that that agenda is the best one for America.

busch, I find your post extremely ironic. After all, it has been Kerry and the Democrats bashing Bush for months. Were you speaking out against the "beating down" back then? Or, like the Democratic establishment, can you only dish it out, but can't take it?

Did I speak out against bashing? No, I'm fine with it, that's politics. I don't think its going to do Bush any good, that's my point. All the Convention bashing just goes to show that Bush has nothing else to run on. He can't talk about the plan for Iraq, he can't talk about the economy...Bashing is the only option left, I understand that.

busch2008 said:
Did I speak out against bashing? No, I'm fine with it, that's politics. I don't think its going to do Bush any good, that's my point. All the Convention bashing just goes to show that Bush has nothing else to run on. He can't talk about the plan for Iraq, he can't talk about the economy...Bashing is the only option left, I understand that.

I think you will be extremely surprised at Bush's speech tonight, when he talks about his vision for the next four years, etc. If you think that all Bush has said the last four months is "Anyone but Kerry" you haven't been listening.

busch2008 said:

I love how some, no most, of you Anti-Bush folks jump to conclusions...
He hasn't even spoke at the convention yet, that's tonight.
Let's wait an see what he says...If ya listen close he may address some of your concerns.

Another thing I find curious...

In today's popular culture the terms: "Holding people accountable for their words and actions" has been replaced with "bashing".

Kerry's words/actions bash himself.

gop_jeff said:
I think you will be extremely surprised at Bush's speech tonight, when he talks about his vision for the next four years, etc. If you think that all Bush has said the last four months is "Anyone but Kerry" you haven't been listening.

I'll watch it, I'm sure he'll do fine. After four years of Dubya, the one thing I've learned is to not underestimate the guy. He always seems to squirm out a victory somehow. A lot of pundits are saying Kerry has made some big mistakes: Not responding effectively to attacks on his service record, not connecting to the voters. But Kerry has been known to pull a victory out of thin air too, I hope it does something soon. The thought of four more years of Bush is just to awful to think about. Although, the resulting disaster of four more years of Bush policy might be enough to put Democrats in the Whitehouse for decades to come. Hillary in '08? I personally wouldn't want to see it, but it would be worth it just for the shock value.

busch2008 said:
I'll watch it, I'm sure he'll do fine. After four years of Dubya, the one thing I've learned is to not underestimate the guy. He always seems to squirm out a victory somehow. A lot of pundits are saying Kerry has made some big mistakes: Not responding effectively to attacks on his service record, not connecting to the voters. But Kerry has been known to pull a victory out of thin air too, I hope it does something soon. The thought of four more years of Bush is just to awful to think about. Although, the resulting disaster of four more years of Bush policy might be enough to put Democrats in the Whitehouse for decades to come. Hillary in '08? I personally wouldn't want to see it, but it would be worth it just for the shock value.

[sarcasm]Yeah - four years of increasing global security, economic growth, and tax breaks sure was rough.

busch2008 said:

Awwww - did you lose your pacifier again?

Where was all this concern for issues while kerry, kennedy et al were vying to see who could concoct the most outrageous lies about the President? Where was your concern for a "plan" when all the Democrats had going for them was the "Anybody but Bush" slogan.

Get used to it, buster. The pigeons are coming home to roost. Kerry and your hate-mongering party are going to get the ass kicking they so richly deserve.

busch2008 said:
What are average Americans supposed to take away from this Convention? From what I've seen so far, the message seems to be: We Republicans don't have a plan. We don't know how to fix the mess we've made so vote for Bush because Kerry is a flip flopper. What does it say about the Bush Administration that their best hope is beating down their opponent?

Evidently you are either not actually watching the convention, or are somehow transfixed into some sort of looped catanoic thought process whenever John Kerry is brought up so that you forget everything else that was mentioned.

Dick Cheney= total words 2658, words that dealt with John Kerry 632

Rudy= 3218, 494 about John Kerry

Zell Miller= 532 out of 1637

McCain= 2304, John Kerry not mentioned

Gov. Arnold= 2040, not mentioned

Laura Bush= 2189, no mention

And I've been very generous with the word count.

So what we have is 1658 words about John Kerry out of 14,046 words.

That's 12% percent of the prime time speakers so far.

So I ask you, what in god's name are you talking about? Pull your head out of the NY Times and try to pay attention.

Merlin1047 said:
Awwww - did you lose your pacifier again?

Where was all this concern for issues while kerry, kennedy et al were vying to see who could concoct the most outrageous lies about the President? Where was your concern for a "plan" when all the Democrats had going for them was the "Anybody but Bush" slogan.

Get used to it, buster. The pigeons are coming home to roost. Kerry and your hate-mongering party are going to get the ass kicking they so richly deserve.

Hate mongering party? The Democrats? Take a look at the difference between the crowds at the GOP convention and the DNC convention. Only one is a fair representation of America.

busch2008 said:
Hate mongering party? The Democrats? Take a look at the difference between the crowds at the GOP convention and the DNC convention. Only one is a fair representation of America.

Yes, the Glorious Old Party, not the deMAO RATS.

busch2008 said:

Yes, hatemongering. Who came up with the crap about "two Americas". That was a specious construct of Edwards. Who demonized the President with idiotic charges? Who tries to characterize across the board tax cuts as being only "for the rich"? Who resorts of invective and low-brow name calling at every opportunity?

Yes, the Democratic party. And then there's you. Remember these?
"That generation is such a huge pain in the ass. Its infuriating. From the protestors to the Vets, they are all a bunch of obsessed freaks about that War. It's all about the sixties.

The protestors and activists bitched and moaned and lost the War. They blasted their brains with mind altering drugs, preached about peace and love and screwed like rabbits giving us pleasant new diseases for future generations to enjoy.

The vets. They went over there and they killed millions needlessly. Face it, it was immoral as hell. Then they bitched and moaned when they came home and got spit on. Yes they were sent there by bad leaders for stupid reasons and it was all a big cluster fuck.

I wasn't around then, I'm sick of hearing about their lost war. That generation is a blight on this country. They did some good, a little bit. They gave us Civil Rights, then they proceeded to imprison every black they could find. They blabbed for a decade about peace and love, then they decided to become the most greedy selfish generation in history. They racked up an insane amount of debt and continue to do so and now they want to hand us the bill. Coming on the heels of the greatest generation they are a big flop."

Those are YOUR hate mongering words, you damn hypocrite. You demonized an entire generation simply because the SBVFT let the air out of the bag full of lies your candidate had constructed out of his so-called "service".

So don't you bat your eyes at me and proclaim your innocence. You're as bad, if not worse than the other rotten apples in your party who have been wallowing in their libelous garbage for months.

Oh, and before I forget, here - take this home with you - :finger:

busch2008 said:

LMAO...just make sure you dont have a loaded gun on Nov 2nd. I'd hate for you to do something drastic, busch. Then again your not really acknowledging reality anyway. Whats a life mislead worth these days anyway?

insein said:
LMAO...just make sure you dont have a loaded gun on Nov 2nd. I'd hate for you to do something drastic, busch. Then again your not really acknowledging reality anyway. Whats a life mislead worth these days anyway?

:thup: :laugh: :clap1:

Oh, thank you Insein!!!!!

I'd totally forgotten about that little gem.

busch2008 said:
I'll watch it, I'm sure he'll do fine. After four years of Dubya, the one thing I've learned is to not underestimate the guy. He always seems to squirm out a victory somehow.

It's not about squirmig but about how people choose to vote for him. Right?

A lot of pundits are saying Kerry has made some big mistakes: Not responding effectively to attacks on his service record, not connecting to the voters.

It would help if he signed his service records to the public domain as Bush already has done. If he can't do that after running on his service decades ago, well believe what you want. Then again it was over 30 years ago, and not even remotely connected to the issues at hand. So yes, not only did he have to platform on his service as opposed to his voting record (which is shameless), but he won't offer up any public verification of details and expect us to take it for granted instead. How pathetic is that?

But Kerry has been known to pull a victory out of thin air too, I hope it does something soon. The thought of four more years of Bush is just to awful to think about.

You think it's easy for us? Another four years of liberal whining isn't something I relish either.

Although, the resulting disaster of four more years of Bush policy might be enough to put Democrats in the Whitehouse for decades to come.

Always a disaster in the making, as a desperate hope. Which makes the liberals actually appear to relish another terrorist act on America... no.. not just appear to want, but genuinely hope for. That's why Kerry tastes like crap to me.

Hillary in '08? I personally wouldn't want to see it, but it would be worth it just for the shock value.

I wonder what she'll sound like when she also goes... "Yeeeeaaaaarrrrrgh!" in her defeat in the primaries.

Maybe like a dying cat? Please do nominate her because it's worth hearing her squeal in defeat to me.

Merlin1047 said:
Yes, hatemongering. Who came up with the crap about "two Americas". That was a specious construct of Edwards. Who demonized the President with idiotic charges? Who tries to characterize across the board tax cuts as being only "for the rich"? Who resorts of invective and low-brow name calling at every opportunity?

Yes, the Democratic party. And then there's you. Remember these?
"That generation is such a huge pain in the ass. Its infuriating. From the protestors to the Vets, they are all a bunch of obsessed freaks about that War. It's all about the sixties.

The protestors and activists bitched and moaned and lost the War. They blasted their brains with mind altering drugs, preached about peace and love and screwed like rabbits giving us pleasant new diseases for future generations to enjoy.

The vets. They went over there and they killed millions needlessly. Face it, it was immoral as hell. Then they bitched and moaned when they came home and got spit on. Yes they were sent there by bad leaders for stupid reasons and it was all a big cluster fuck.

I wasn't around then, I'm sick of hearing about their lost war. That generation is a blight on this country. They did some good, a little bit. They gave us Civil Rights, then they proceeded to imprison every black they could find. They blabbed for a decade about peace and love, then they decided to become the most greedy selfish generation in history. They racked up an insane amount of debt and continue to do so and now they want to hand us the bill. Coming on the heels of the greatest generation they are a big flop."

Those are YOUR hate mongering words, you damn hypocrite. You demonized an entire generation simply because the SBVFT let the air out of the bag full of lies your candidate had constructed out of his so-called "service".

So don't you bat your eyes at me and proclaim your innocence. You're as bad, if not worse than the other rotten apples in your party who have been wallowing in their libelous garbage for months.

Oh, and before I forget, here - take this home with you - :finger:
What He said.....:finger:

*thanks for all the typin Merlin*

busch2008 said:

What campaign are you watching? Republicans have been spelling out a very clear agenda.

Stay the course in the war on terror. Preemption is a necessary to defeat the new enemy we face.

We need a leader with firm convictions, steady resolve and integrity.

We live in a nation where everyone has the opportunity to succeed if we work at it.

And when President Bush spells out the agenda tonight Kerry is going to drop like a rock.

Forum List

Back