The Kerry Bashing Convention

Discussion in 'Politics' started by busch2008, Sep 2, 2004.

1. busch2008

busch2008 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What are average Americans supposed to take away from this Convention? From what I've seen so far, the message seems to be: We Republicans don't have a plan. We don't know how to fix the mess we've made so vote for Bush because Kerry is a flip flopper. What does it say about the Bush Administration that their best hope is beating down their opponent? Without the Swiftboat Vets for Bush and the Flip-Flop camgaign, Bush would be buried by Kerry.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Considering that you've posted nothing of substance here, just your own angst of how things are going, thought I'd give you a little personal story. This morning at school, where I am the only 'conservative' 100% of the teachers thought that Miller's speech reflected much of what they find uncomfortable with the Democratic candidate right now. I think Mr. Kerry has a big problem. There is no way that all of these will vote for Bush, but I will bet that of the 20some talking this morning, a few will, that have never voted GOP before.

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Is it Irony that people who scream from the rooftops: "ANYONE but Bush!" now bitch because the case has been made "ANYONE but Kerry!"?

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    But the Republicans are not making the "anyone but Kerry" case. They are making the case that we have President Bush's agenda - which he has spelled out clearly from day one without flip-flopping - and that that agenda is the best one for America.

busch, I find your post extremely ironic. After all, it has been Kerry and the Democrats bashing Bush for months. Were you speaking out against the "beating down" back then? Or, like the Democratic establishment, can you only dish it out, but can't take it?

5. busch2008

busch2008 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Did I speak out against bashing? No, I'm fine with it, that's politics. I don't think its going to do Bush any good, that's my point. All the Convention bashing just goes to show that Bush has nothing else to run on. He can't talk about the plan for Iraq, he can't talk about the economy...Bashing is the only option left, I understand that.

6. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I think you will be extremely surprised at Bush's speech tonight, when he talks about his vision for the next four years, etc. If you think that all Bush has said the last four months is "Anyone but Kerry" you haven't been listening.

7. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    I love how some, no most, of you Anti-Bush folks jump to conclusions...
    He hasn't even spoke at the convention yet, that's tonight.
    Let's wait an see what he says...If ya listen close he may address some of your concerns.

8. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Another thing I find curious...

In today's popular culture the terms: "Holding people accountable for their words and actions" has been replaced with "bashing".

Kerry's words/actions bash himself.

9. busch2008

busch2008 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll watch it, I'm sure he'll do fine. After four years of Dubya, the one thing I've learned is to not underestimate the guy. He always seems to squirm out a victory somehow. A lot of pundits are saying Kerry has made some big mistakes: Not responding effectively to attacks on his service record, not connecting to the voters. But Kerry has been known to pull a victory out of thin air too, I hope it does something soon. The thought of four more years of Bush is just to awful to think about. Although, the resulting disaster of four more years of Bush policy might be enough to put Democrats in the Whitehouse for decades to come. Hillary in '08? I personally wouldn't want to see it, but it would be worth it just for the shock value.

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

[sarcasm]Yeah - four years of increasing global security, economic growth, and tax breaks sure was rough.