The Jolly Roger

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
lnd70874.jpg

Just a few of the parts

LaFlore_Kit04.jpg

LaFlore_kit02.jpg

I've started building this model today and so far I'm doing well with no problems, but I haven't got to the rigging yet or the sails!

The thing is, I used to build these kits when I was a kid and later on I built several balsa airplanes, flying rockets, etc., and still have two flying Guillows kits to do, someday. This kit is my first ship. It's pretty detailed and I probably wouldn't have chosen it if my son had not bought it for me. Funny thing is that he bought it for me in 1994 and it's been sitting all this time! I almost trashed it once! So I figure I'll build it and then of he wants to display it he can have it! :)

• Banned
Wow...that's pretty cool! So many tiny detailed parts!

Yeah, lots of tiny terror!. I had to buy some very small and pointed artists paint brushes to paint some of the stuff I've built.

I've always been interested in the space program and last month i finished this- BTW, they are scale. The Saturn V was really that much larger than the Mercury Redstone.

pgmisb1.jpg

Mine don't look that good. Next I have a Space Shuttle model on scale with those.

Last edited:

Yeah, lots od tiny terror!. I had to buy some very small and pointed artists paint brushes to paint some of the stuff I've built.

I've always been interested in the space program and last month i finished this- BTW, they are scale. The Saturn V was really that much larger than the Mercury Redstone.

pgmisb1.jpg

Mine don't look that good. Next I have a Space Shuttle model on scale with those.

That's incredible - and I had no idea the relative sizes were so different. Cool stuff :)

You'd need one of these to do hte work I imagine:

Aven_Tools_26508-LED.jpg

• Banned
No, I'm not doing airplanes for now. Jack ass.

• Banned

Yeah, lots od tiny terror!. I had to buy some very small and pointed artists paint brushes to paint some of the stuff I've built.

pgmisb1.jpg

That's incredible - and I had no idea the relative sizes were so different. Cool stuff :)

Aven_Tools_26508-LED.jpg
I have a very similar one.

pgmisb1.jpg

Aven_Tools_26508-LED.jpg

I used to do model horses years ago - it was the attention to detail that I loved...how real can it be made :)

lnd70874.jpg

Just a few of the parts

LaFlore_Kit04.jpg

LaFlore_kit02.jpg

I've started building this model today and so far I'm doing well with no problems, but I haven't got to the rigging yet or the sails!

The thing is, I used to build these kits when I was a kid and later on I built several balsa airplanes, flying rockets, etc., and still have two flying Guillows kits to do, someday. This kit is my first ship. It's pretty detailed and I probably wouldn't have chosen it if my son had not bought it for me. Funny thing is that he bought it for me in 1994 and it's been sitting all this time! I almost trashed it once! So I figure I'll build it and then of he wants to display it he can have it! :)
If you can do all this inside a glass bottle with long tweezers then I would be impressed. Otherwise not.

pgmisb1.jpg

Aven_Tools_26508-LED.jpg

I used to do model horses years ago - it was the attention to detail that I loved...how real can it be made :)

They now have all kinds of supplies that can increase the realism ten fold over the old days.
Also as far as building aids, I have one of these:

41oUIt5tFkL.jpg

It helps. Plus several mini clamps, x-acto knives, etc.

lnd70874.jpg

Just a few of the parts

LaFlore_Kit04.jpg

LaFlore_kit02.jpg

If you can do all this inside a glass bottle with long tweezers then I would be impressed. Otherwise not.
No, I'm not trying to impress anyone, just being retired and enjoying myself.

I made one of these model ships when I was a kid.

Then I set it afloat at a local creek in the woods.

Then I shot the sh!t out of it with my 22LR rifle.

I have been a destructive b@stard ever since.

New Topics

Forum List

Back