The Issue is Ethnicity, not Race

Hey, I'm going by your description of your own point. It's back in post 1.
So that IS what you're saying? You're actually suggesting that language is racial?

No, I am suggesting that language is part of ethnicity.

Ethnicity vs Race - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

"The traditional definition of race and ethnicity is related to biological and sociological factors respectively. Race refers to a person's physical characteristics, such as bone structure and skin, hair, or eye color. Ethnicity, however, refers to cultural factors, including nationality, regional culture, ancestry, and language."

And I'm telling you (again) that language is irrelevant to any of that.

We learn our first language from our peers around us, and then we adapt as we prefer from more peers we emulate, from media, and from our own education and reading. NONE of which has squat to do with "ethnicity".

For example, a guy I worked for in New Orleans is trilingual -- he can speak French, he can speak perfect "standard English", and he can speak Yat. I've heard him do all three. Just depends on the needs of the time. His ethnicity is completely irrelevant to that. One of my co-workers in the same office is trilingual too -- she speaks perfect English, perfect classical (European) French, and -- I assume it's perfect since it's her first language -- Haitian Creole. None of those have anything to do with her ethnicity either. I might add these two people are of totally different ethnicities.

Tell that to your "bitches" and "ho's."

I uh, don't have any "bitches and ho is". Speaking of language -- learn one.

Whoosh...

Forum List

Back