The Intrusion of Religion Into Politics

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Madeline, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
  2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    Last I checked religion is not somehow barred from politics. Go ahead provide for us a single source that declares that religion is barred from opinions of voters when they vote.

By the way don't you avidly defend Muslims? You are aware that according to their religion Islam is supposed to BE the Government right?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
  4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    If you 'think' that people should think for themselves, why do you never do so?

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    Let me translate your comment. What you mean, since you oppose people having the free right to vote as THEY see fit, is that others think as you do.

I repeat provide a single source that bars religion from being a source as to how we are governed, what laws we pass or our opinions on who we vote for.

Then provide some context, some evidence that a religious take over is even remotely possible.

6. hipeter924

hipeter924 Not a zombie yet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,433
    Obama calls himself a Christian (as do virtually all the members of the Democratic Party), and so do most of the US politicians, the US is already a theocracy if you define a theocracy as religion being significantly involved in politics. So if you want to go back to secular values you had better start by impeaching Obama and all politicians that bring religion into their political decisions and ideas (which is politically impossible). Personally I don't care what people believe, except where human rights are concerned.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  7. Smartt33

Smartt33 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    That is funny. I have not heard in all my years, of any time when the government, or the people were suggesting or promoting a theocracy. There are pockets of people here and there who have radical ideas, but they are on the frenge.

However, America became a great nation because of God fearing people who risked everything.

Of come not so God fearing people did too, and that has made America the balanced nation that she is (was).

Muslims could be the ones to ruin the nation with religion, and an evil theocracy.

8. hipeter924

hipeter924 Not a zombie yet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,433
    Depends who is in the Supreme Court, some of them do a poor job of protecting the constitution, then again Supreme Court Justices can be sacked. Muslims will find it impossible to establish sharia without violating the separation of church and state, so the liberals and Muslims wanting Sharia have a hard job ahead of them. :eusa_boohoo:

9. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,720
    If you really believe this way, I'll bet the black churches really frosts your ass.:lol:

10. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,316
    If the American electorate decides they want to have their religion influence their vote, that's just fine. As long as the American politicians don't let their religious beliefs dictate policy for the country.

No one will compromise on their faith. By its very nature, faith is one area not available for compromise. Therefore, no religious beliefs must dictate policy.

Banning abortion based on religious beliefs is one good example of what should never happen. No one wants someone else's religion calling the shots for them.