The importance of paying CLOSE attention to current events and "politics"

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
I've noticed something about myself since I started paying attention to news. I guess u could even call me a news junkie at this point but that has a negative connotation, obviously.

In any case, I have noticed the difference btwn my A self (not into news when younger) and my B self (way into news):

I see how hideous the world is, for one thing. I just never knew.. (!)-- never had the first clue how utterly, abysmally CORRUPT our US system is.. how very true it is that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer (and everyone blames the poor people because the rich people want us to.. the rich people in DC, that is)

I just never knew the world was THIS BAD.

And so I see the Importance of not only educating oneself, but then trying to educate others.. as many others as you possibly can. Our country is going to hell because people are IGNORANT!

They don't know what's going on and don't appear to even have the desire to know..

and yet.. OMG OMG OMG!

they VOTE!

No wonder we are in this bizzaro place in 2022...

I'm going to break a long standing habit next weekend, and watch the Sunday morning talk shows

I want to see what Meet the Press and Face the Nation, to see their take on the upcoming election

Thanks to the blob, the Rich got a tax cut. And you guys want to re-elect him.
Look in the mirror if you want to see the problem with the equation.

As for the system that he didn't fix (and none of his predecessors fixed either)...dividend income is taxed at a lower rate than other income. The wealthy stop paying SS tax at a certain level instead of on every dollar they make like the less wealthy do.

As for the system that he didn't fix (and none of his predecessors fixed either)...dividend income is taxed at a lower rate than other income. The wealthy stop paying SS tax at a certain level instead of on every dollar they make like the less wealthy do.

Because social security is a benefit, not a tax per se. A person's benefit is also capped, which is why the deductions are capped.

I got a tax cut as well, and I am upper middle class at best.

I've noticed something about myself since I started paying attention to news. I guess u could even call me a news junkie at this point but that has a negative connotation, obviously.

In any case, I have noticed the difference btwn my A self (not into news when younger) and my B self (way into news):

I see how hideous the world is, for one thing. I just never knew.. (!)-- never had the first clue how utterly, abysmally CORRUPT our US system is.. how very true it is that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer (and everyone blames the poor people because the rich people want us to.. the rich people in DC, that is)

I just never knew the world was THIS BAD.

And so I see the Importance of not only educating oneself, but then trying to educate others.. as many others as you possibly can. Our country is going to hell because people are IGNORANT!

They don't know what's going on and don't appear to even have the desire to know..

and yet.. OMG OMG OMG!

they VOTE!

No wonder we are in this bizzaro place in 2022...

There really does need to be a minimum IQ requirement for voting.

So many of them are dumb as dirt and voting themselves a bunch of free stuff.

I wouldn't mind going back to allowing only those who own land to vote.

:)

Because social security is a benefit, not a tax per se. A person's benefit is also capped, which is why the deductions are capped.
Amazingly it's taken out of your paycheck (if you're poor) much like a tax.

Don't cap the benefits. Problem solved and we can get millions of seniors out of poverty.
I got a tax cut as well, and I am upper middle class at best.
You didn't get to keep it. The wealthy did.

I'm going to break a long standing habit next weekend, and watch the Sunday morning talk shows

I want to see what Meet the Press and Face the Nation, to see their take on the upcoming election
you mean the Sunday talk shows from msm, right?

Do you watch the Sunday shows on Fox or other conservative stations?

I don't know if I myself could sit through even 15 minutes of fake news

The key to doing it right, is to comprehensively read all angles of the subject, not just
what your party wants you read.
I read books.. love reading, all non-fiction bc truth really is FAR stranger than fiction

I will never read a book written by a flaming lib... I've heard all their BS before and once you catch someone in a blatant, fact-check-failing LIE.. shame on you if you ever believe that person again..

The key to doing it right, is to comprehensively read all angles of the subject, not just
what your party wants you read.

Why? You know that the leftist-run MSM is nothing but lies. How can someone formulate a well-informed opinion when listening to lies? If you have this skill, please let us know.

There really does need to be a minimum IQ requirement for voting.

So many of them are dumb as dirt and voting themselves a bunch of free stuff.

I wouldn't mind going back to allowing only those who own land to vote.

:)
NO way!

I agreed w/ you at first but not that last thing about only land owners voting! There are a plethora of valid reasons why any given person cannot buy property but believe it or not, it is not always that person's fault.. certainly it is NEVER all their own fault and no one else's (that they don't, for example, have the $$ to do so..).

then there's the fact that the fed gov owns way too much land in the US, and do you think 4 one minute they would sell it to a private person, esp when they know that person's political affiliation?

)

you mean the Sunday talk shows from msm, right?

I don't know if I myself could sit through even 15 minutes of fake news

ignore Yin and watch Yang

"don't know if I myself could sit through even 15 minutes of fake news"

yet you admit to watching Fox and other conservative talk shows?

Amazingly it's taken out of your paycheck (if you're poor) much like a tax.

Don't cap the benefits. Problem solved and we can get millions of seniors out of poverty.

You didn't get to keep it. The wealthy did.

Then more money would have to go to the very wealthy if you uncap benefits. The issue isn't increasing SS to lower income people, it's preserving the system as a whole. Uncapping contributions while capping benefits would invalidate the whole selling point of social security, i.e. and investment in your retirement, not a true tax.

I kept plenty of it until your twats decided to unleash inflation.

NO way!

I agreed w/ you at first but not that last thing about only land owners voting! There are a plethora of valid reasons why any given person cannot buy property but believe it or not, it is not always that person's fault.. certainly it is NEVER all their own fault and no one else's (that they don't, for example, have the $$ to do so..).

then there's the fact that the fed gov owns way too much land in the US, and do you think 4 one minute they would sell it to a private person, esp when they know that person's political affiliation?

)

I have a much more valid reason to vote than anyone who just wants to vote themselves a bunch of free shit. Period.

If you think the slut with five different baby daddies has as valid a claim on the benefits that this country offers as does someone who worked hard all of their life, I will simply disagree.

I'd like to go back to work houses for those who produce nothing. Then maybe the return to American manufacturing greatness would be possible.

I rankle at supporting those whose only skill is copulating.

Forum List

Back