The Hippies Won The War On Drugs?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Right or wrong, is any political group really against legalized pot anymore?

I seem to remember this big war on drug thing from the 80's and anti pot being a big thing into the 80's. I also remember who supported it. Generally I'd say Ronald Reagan was against legalized pot and the Keatons from Family Ties were for it. Have the Keatons won finally?

62% of Americans favor legalizing marijuana

As a long-time (longer that most of you leftist turds have been alive) conservatives I very much oppose the "war on drugs". I firmly believe that all manner of drugs should be free upon request complete with all the requisite tools and materials. Take all you want. BUT consume all you take. Right there; right now.

The costs are what marketing folks call "self liquidating".

I don't believe you should be persecuted for your beliefs and ask only that you respect mine.

As a long-time (longer that most of you leftist turds have been alive) conservatives I very much oppose the "war on drugs". I firmly believe that all manner of drugs should be free upon request complete with all the requisite tools and materials. Take all you want. BUT consume all you take. Right there; right now.

The costs are what marketing folks call "self liquidating".

I don't believe you should be persecuted for your beliefs and ask only that you respect mine.

You may have a problem if you call the battleship loving fella a "leftist turd" lol.

So you're saying you don't care what drugs ppl do as long as they consume it at the point of purchase?

Personally I'm for legalized pot and alcohol but like I assume you're getting at, I have no tolerance for crimes committed under the influence. I'd give folks a card for each, probably toughen penalties for any crime you commit while stoned or drunk. Some peeps have problems with either so I'd make it possible to lose your pot or alcohol card also. The boys who can't avoid pot to save their NFL contracts have a problem. The fellows who drink and need to fight, they have a problem.

You may have a problem if you call the battleship loving fella a "leftist turd" lol.

So you're saying you don't care what drugs ppl do as long as they consume it at the point of purchase?

Personally I'm for legalized pot and alcohol but like I assume you're getting at, I have no tolerance for crimes committed under the influence. I'd give folks a card for each, probably toughen penalties for any crime you commit while stoned or drunk. Some peeps have problems with either so I'd make it possible to lose your pot or alcohol card also. The boys who can't avoid pot to save their NFL contracts have a problem. The fellows who drink and need to fight, they have a problem.

I actually see a solution to the crime problem in that if each takes all it wants and eats all it takes I don't see there much possibility of their moving very far away before they can't. But it's a good point; some area round the free distribution sites likely would need to be fenced or at least posted to warn the otherwise unwary of the perils.....

Right or wrong, is any political group really against legalized pot anymore?

I seem to remember this big war on drug thing from the 80's and anti pot being a big thing into the 80's. I also remember who supported it. Generally I'd say Ronald Reagan was against legalized pot and the Keatons from Family Ties were for it. Have the Keatons won finally?

62% of Americans favor legalizing marijuana

The problem isn't the legalization of pot. I laugh now at all of the miracle drug cures being released with refer in it. I wonder where were the drug companies all these years?! The problem isn't pot, it is all the people out there who simply cannot handle the stuff. They give it a bad name.

It's legal here. No big deal.

Most of my friends smoke. I don't smoke any more.

Again, no big deal. Just don't try to take away my IPA.

Forum List

Back