CDZ The Gun Supply Chain: People who should not have been allowed near a gun, much less to buy one

The solution is long, hard sentences, for those convicted of serious violent crimes, to keep them out of the free population.

That is a reactive not proactive measure. It does nothing to prevent one's being shot or to mitigate the severity of one's wounds after having been shot.

All laws are reactive. The cops are reactive. The only one who can be proactive in their own defense is you. The only thing that is going to make your weapons safer is you.

Red:
If you truly believe that, you have some reading to do.

Laws do not prevent criminals from committing crimes. They never have they never will.
Law enforcement most often arrives during or after the commission of a crime. Reactive
The judicial system is put in gear after a crime is committed. Reactive

I guess it should come as no surprise that not one gun advocate here has bothered to directly and positively respond the the central question asked in the OP.

Without exception, every gun advocate who's shared their thoughts with me -- both in this forum and in the "real world" -- has refrained from providing so much as the first suggestion that they can credibly, objectively, coherently and cogently present solution options in response to that question. Not one.

The solution is long, hard sentences, for those convicted of serious violent crimes, to keep them out of the free population.

That is a reactive not proactive measure. It does nothing to prevent one's being shot or to mitigate the severity of one's wounds after having been shot.

All laws are reactive. The cops are reactive. The only one who can be proactive in their own defense is you. The only thing that is going to make your weapons safer is you.

Red:

Laws do not prevent criminals from committing crimes. They never have they never will.
Law enforcement most often arrives during or after the commission of a crime. Reactive

Red:

Red:

Red:

I don't need your reading suggestions I read plenty on my own.

Show me examples of when a law has stopped a criminal from committing a crime in the real world

Red:

Red:

Show me examples of when a law has stopped a criminal from committing a crime in the real world

If you were to read the content I linked, you'd have your examples.

Red:

Give an example with a footnote and maybe then I'll read the link

Truly, I'm not desirous enough of a conversation on this topic with you to do that. So, no.

Red:

Truly, I'm not desirous enough of a conversation on this topic with you to do that. So, no.

I didn't think you could

I guess it should come as no surprise that not one gun advocate here has bothered to directly and positively respond the the central question asked in the OP.

Without exception, every gun advocate who's shared their thoughts with me -- both in this forum and in the "real world" -- has refrained from providing so much as the first suggestion that they can credibly, objectively, coherently and cogently present solution options in response to that question. Not one.
I was just about to read the OP again to make sure, because I didn't recall the OP saying anything about taking people's guns. As a matter of fact, I've heard you say you don't believe in that. Thanks for clarifying the obvious.

The question was, what can we do to prevent the illegal selling of guns from neighbor to neighbor/friend to friend? And the "2A" crowd descends screaming and flailing like a cat with its head caught in a sack, spouting the same talking points over and over. THAT is why nothing is getting done about sensible gun control in the US. Too many people with guns and big mouths are refusing to discuss the topic sensibly.

I was just about to read the OP again to make sure, because I didn't recall the OP saying anything about taking people's guns. As a matter of fact, I've heard you say you don't believe in that. Thanks for clarifying the obvious.

The question was, what can we do to prevent the illegal selling of guns from neighbor to neighbor/friend to friend? And the "2A" crowd descends screaming and flailing like a cat with its head caught in a sack, spouting the same talking points over and over. THAT is why nothing is getting done about sensible gun control in the US. Too many people with guns and big mouths are refusing to discuss the topic sensibly.

By “sensible”, what you mean is that you want us to incrementally give up an essential Constitutional right, and to get nothing in return except an empty promise of safety. Benjamin Franklin gave our answer to this, a long time ago.

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Here is the only sensible “compromise”. You loathsome, criminal-loving liberal scumbags don't try to take away our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and in return, we won't shoot you for trying to rob us of this right.

Not all private sales are illegal.

And if you want to stop it it's easy just do what CT does and have all private sales involve a licensed dealer.
I really don't have a problem with the CT law I don't buy or sell guns to or from private individuals.

But I also hold a CT pistol permit which allows me to buy a gun and exempts me from any waiting periods

And if you want to stop it it's easy just do what CT does and have all private sales involve a licensed dealer.
I really don't have a problem with the CT law I don't buy or sell guns to or from private individuals.

But I also hold a CT pistol permit which allows me to buy a gun and exempts me from any waiting periods

All of which is blatantly unconstitutional. Where, in the words, “…the right of the people…shall not be infringed”, do you find any justification for government to interfere to that degree with the people's exercise of the right so affirmed?

I've offered a PERFECTLY reasonable solution that you scoffed at and 320 ignored, so don't pretend you want a compromise. Remember you have stated that you want to ban ALL semi automatic weapons. You have ZERO credibility on this topic until you retract that "thought"

To be fair, I also say 2A and M14 are idiots for not agreeing that my compromise is both fair and logical. AND would actually work.

All of which is blatantly unconstitutional. Where, in the words, “…the right of the people…shall not be infringed”, do you find any justification for government to interfere to that degree with the people's exercise of the right so affirmed?

Simple Bob, just like with voter ID , the government ensuring that you ARE able to exercise a right is not infringing on that right.

Surely you don't believe that felons should be allowed to vote or buy guns?

I don't see that as in infringement. It's not stopping anyone legally allowed to purchase a gun from obtaining one.

I don't have a problem denying convicted felons the right to own guns do you?

I don't see that as in infringement. It's not stopping anyone legally allowed to purchase a gun from obtaining one.

Bingo, it's the same thing as Voter ID. You don't want people who shouldn't be voting, voting.

By “sensible”, what you mean is that you want us to incrementally give up an essential Constitutional right, and to get nothing in return except an empty promise of safety. Benjamin Franklin gave our answer to this, a long time ago.

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Here is the only sensible “compromise”. You loathsome, criminal-loving liberal scumbags don't try to take away our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and in return, we won't shoot you for trying to rob us of this right.
That is NOT what 320 proposed, or asked about. Try reading the OP. BTW, threaten to shoot me at your own peril. I wield a mean fry pan.

And does that include the guns that are coming through China via the deep water port that Clinton turned over to them in Long Beach in exchange for campaign contributions in the 90's? I would rather take my chance coming across someone having a bad day than I would living in a country where only "da gubermint" has guns. It didn't work out all that well for the Jews in Germany, as I recall. This corporate "gubermint" we currently are under is a de-facto "successor to contract" entity that that is the IMF that took USA.INC into receivership in 1950. If the people allow themselves to be disarmed, they might as well dig their own grave and lay down in it. Every communist nation has disarmed the public and then eradicated the "undesirables" because they are a potential threat. It heartens me that every time that there is an obvious fake and staged media event like Aurora, Sandy Hook, Charleston, Orlando, etc, etc? People buy more guns and they buy more ammo....to those that are awake? I salute you...to those that are asleep or are "gubermint" trolls lamely attempting to debunk someone like me that is your intellectual better???Here's to you......:fu:
The Chinese are definitely not gunrunners.

Wrong....during the first clinton administration one of the illegal chinese donors to the clintons was Wang Jun.....he was trying to sell AK-47s to Los Angeles street gangs...

Bingo, it's the same thing as Voter ID. You don't want people who shouldn't be voting, voting.

An easier system....have FELON printed on the drivers license of all felons....so at a private gun sale they can be asked for photo i.d. to buy the gun.......

just like voter i.d.......and it has the beauty of actually targeting criminals....

An easier system....have FELON printed on the drivers license of all felons....so at a private gun sale they can be asked for photo i.d. to buy the gun.......

just like voter i.d.......and it has the beauty of actually targeting criminals....

In this digital age that isn't necessary AND my system doesn't put any onus on private sellers to check anything.

Forum List

Back