The Gun Control Laws The United States Needs

In order to purchase a firearm, an individual must do the following:

01. Attend three month class on firearms

02. Pass a written test when the class has been completed

03. Achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test

04. Pass a Mental Health evaluation at a hospital

05. Pass a background check in which the government digs into their criminal record

06. Pass a background check involving interviews with friends and family

07. Only shotguns and Air Rifles may be purchased, no handguns

08. New magazines can only be purchased by trading in empty ones

09. When a gun owner dies, their relatives must surrender the deceased members firearms

10. Every three years, the individual must pass the above tests and investigations
Sounds good to me. What's an air rifle? Can you hunt with one?

How many hoops do you want to jump through for your First, Fouth and Fifith amendment rights?

How many classes should you have to pay for and take?

How many permits should you get?

No 4th Amendment classes passed with a high enough score? Tough shit. Cops can search your home anytime they want.

No permit for your 8th Amendment rights? Tough shit. While the cops are ransacking your home searching for contraband they can torture you at the same time
We are talking about the Second. I don't see why it was ever put in the Bill of Rights as an "assumed" right. Owning guns? What does that have to do with natural rights or liberty? Guns are a weapon of war, designed specifically and solely to kill. Why did the Founding Fathers set us up as a country perpetually at war by granting a universal "right" to own guns? Now, the FF say it was to keep the militias ready for action. There was no standing army and the FF didn't want one.
The Second Amendment no longer applies because we do now have a gigantic standing army equipped with 100 times more powerful weapons than we civilians can own.

your still one dumb oldlady,,,

its about self defense and not restricted to just guns,,,

all life has a right to defend itself, thats what the 2nd is about,,,

and you commie/nazi pricks actions of late are proof its more important now than ever

You can always defend yourself. But if you want to use a firearm in that defense as a civilian, then you need to pass the tests and background checks and be limited to only shotguns and Air Rifles for your firearms.

No. No we don't need to pass your fucking tests. It didn't take long at all for you to perceive your bullshit as a truth, did it?

It's not.

05. Pass a background check in which the government digs into their criminal record

09. When a gun owner dies, their relatives must surrender the deceased members firearms

10. Every three years, the individual must pass the above tests and investigations
Sorry, but the Constitution says otherwise.
The 2nd Amendment is freely infringed, just look at age restrictions, no sales to felon, no sales of nukes... But the good thing is, you can read, so there's hope for you yet. :biggrin:
Twit. Do you realize that if I had around $250,000 of disposable income, and if I was so inclined, I could buy a WORKING tank with 10 rounds of WORKING ammunition?
The 2nd amendment may be infringed, but only because libs have snuck those infringements through.
In Illinois, you had to pay for an FOID (Firearm Owners ID). m That was recently struck down. You do not have to pay the gubment to own a forearm.
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Do you know any civilians that own working tanks?
It’s appropriate to infer that your proposed measures apply to all firearms, including handguns – where the Supreme Court has designated handguns to be comprehensively immune from most government regulation, unlike long guns.

Because your proposed measures are not limited to weapons not entitled to Constitutional protections – weapons considered to be dangerous and unusual, such as tanks and machine guns – the courts would strike down your proposed measures as being in violation of the Second Amendment.

If need be, we can amend the Second Amendment. Throw it out entirely if need be. But simply tightening the restrictions when it comes to civilians owning firearms I think will work. The majority of the U.S. population will demand it, and through democracy will either change the 2nd ammendment or pick and appoint Supreme Court Justices who will agree with such restrictions.

You're a fucking idiot. How dare you restrict my constitutional rights. Go fuck yourself. I have guns and I am never going to do any of that crap. Fucking moron

Well, then you'll be arrested after these restrictions become the law.

The idea is to restrict and limit firearm use among civilians. You don't want to give weapons of mass destruction to just anyone. So, yes, having to get a 95% accuracy on the test is a good way to achieve that. Such an accurate shooter is less likely to cause an accident.

Thst may be YOUR idea. It’s most definitely not my idea.

I assume the Police will have to meet the same criteria to carry a firearm.

Sorry, but the Constitution says otherwise.
The 2nd Amendment is freely infringed, just look at age restrictions, no sales to felon, no sales of nukes... But the good thing is, you can read, so there's hope for you yet. :biggrin:
Twit. Do you realize that if I had around $250,000 of disposable income, and if I was so inclined, I could buy a WORKING tank with 10 rounds of WORKING ammunition?
The 2nd amendment may be infringed, but only because libs have snuck those infringements through.
In Illinois, you had to pay for an FOID (Firearm Owners ID). m That was recently struck down. You do not have to pay the gubment to own a forearm.
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Do you know any civilians that own working tanks?
It’s appropriate to infer that your proposed measures apply to all firearms, including handguns – where the Supreme Court has designated handguns to be comprehensively immune from most government regulation, unlike long guns.

Because your proposed measures are not limited to weapons not entitled to Constitutional protections – weapons considered to be dangerous and unusual, such as tanks and machine guns – the courts would strike down your proposed measures as being in violation of the Second Amendment.

If need be, we can amend the Second Amendment. Throw it out entirely if need be. But simply tightening the restrictions when it comes to civilians owning firearms I think will work. The majority of the U.S. population will demand it, and through democracy will either change the 2nd ammendment or pick and appoint Supreme Court Justices who will agree with such restrictions.

spoken like a true nazi,,,

How many hoops do you want to jump through for your First, Fouth and Fifith amendment rights?

No 4th Amendment classes passed with a high enough score? Tough shit. Cops can search your home anytime they want.

No permit for your 8th Amendment rights? Tough shit. While the cops are ransacking your home searching for contraband they can torture you at the same time

The 2nd amendment allows civilians to own firearms which kill people. Therefor, extra restrictions and test are needed to insure the public is safe from civilians that legally own such weapons. This is not an issue with the other amendments.
The Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense.

The Second Amendment doesn’t ‘allow’ anything; the Second Amendment exists solely in the context of its case law as determined by the courts – ultimately the Supreme Court.

Second Amendment case law provides guidance to government as to what regulatory measures are permitted and what measures are not.

And the measures you propose are in conflict with that case law.

We are talking about the Second. I don't see why it was ever put in the Bill of Rights as an "assumed" right. Owning guns? What does that have to do with natural rights or liberty? Guns are a weapon of war, designed specifically and solely to kill. Why did the Founding Fathers set us up as a country perpetually at war by granting a universal "right" to own guns? Now, the FF say it was to keep the militias ready for action. There was no standing army and the FF didn't want one.
The Second Amendment no longer applies because we do now have a gigantic standing army equipped with 100 times more powerful weapons than we civilians can own.

and you commie/nazi pricks actions of late are proof its more important now than ever

You can always defend yourself. But if you want to use a firearm in that defense as a civilian, then you need to pass the tests and background checks and be limited to only shotguns and Air Rifles for your firearms.

No. No we don't need to pass your fucking tests. It didn't take long at all for you to perceive your bullshit as a truth, did it?

It's not.

This is the future whether you like it or not.

It's not.

This is the future whether you like it or not.

thats yet to be seen,,,but trump is trying hard to make it so,,,

The 2nd amendment allows civilians to own firearms which kill people. Therefor, extra restrictions and test are needed to insure the public is safe from civilians that legally own such weapons. This is not an issue with the other amendments.
The Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense.

The Second Amendment doesn’t ‘allow’ anything; the Second Amendment exists solely in the context of its case law as determined by the courts – ultimately the Supreme Court.

Second Amendment case law provides guidance to government as to what regulatory measures are permitted and what measures are not.

And the measures you propose are in conflict with that case law.

Well, then you amend the constitution and remove the second amendment. Goodbye to all that case law.

I agree with 1 2 and 5. To add to my list of those requirements, you must carry liability insurance the same as you would your car. Once insurance companies start paying out claims, watch how how fast firearms become more tightly controlled after that.

Rigtards might love their guns, but they love their money even more. Just put a rightards money in jeopardy, and you can change anything.
There is a right to possess a firearm, there is no right to possess or drive a car – consequently, laws requiring automobile insurance are justified; laws requiring gunowners to purchase liability insurance as a condition of gun ownership are not.

People can own thousands of things that can be used to kill people.

Little fact for you

There are an estimated 393 million privately owned firearms in this country.
About 11000 people get murdered by a person who uses a gun

You'll note I didn't say murdered by a gun because a gun cannot murder anyone

so .0027% of privately owned guns are used annually in murders

here's another little fact

.003% of the population are murdered annually by people using guns.

IOW you have a 99.997% chance of not being murdered by a person using a gun in any one year

We need to bring the number of privately owned firearms in the country down to roughly 1 million. The restrictions suggested in the first post should eventually achieve that goal.

I get it now!

You're just fucking with us.

HAHAHA!

Good one.

You should try this one again come April Fool's Day.

I agree with 1 2 and 5. To add to my list of those requirements, you must carry liability insurance the same as you would your car. Once insurance companies start paying out claims, watch how how fast firearms become more tightly controlled after that.

Rigtards might love their guns, but they love their money even more. Just put a rightards money in jeopardy, and you can change anything.
There is a right to possess a firearm, there is no right to possess or drive a car – consequently, laws requiring automobile insurance are justified; laws requiring gunowners to purchase liability insurance as a condition of gun ownership are not.

Again, amend the constitution and you can change the law.

You status quo people should really wake up. One day a majority of Americans will be so fed up with gun violence that they will do something like is proposed here. So you should do something now while you still have a say.
It is impossible to negotiate with someone who wants everything you have and is willing to take it by force.

You cannot demonstrate the necessity for or efficacy of any of these restrictions.

Sure I can. These are the laws on the books in Japan. Japan averages about 10 firearm deaths per year in a country of 127 million people. The proposed restriction will over time reduced the firearm death rate in the United States.

My car wouldn't start. So I replaced the radio, checked the air in the tires, and washed it. I knew it wouldn't fix my car. I knew it wouldn't address the problem.

But I had to do something.
Oh, OP's solution is not window dressing. It would work because it actually DOES address the problem. At least the weapon part. People urging us to also address the motivation of the shooters are also right. It is not just one solution or the other. It is both, and more besides.

Yeah screw the fact that 99.999% of gun owners will NEVER commit murder.

I wonder what crimes I can hold you accountable for simply because you own an object some piece of shit criminal uses to commit a crime
10,000 people a year do commit murder with guns. Let's stop using meaningless percentages that make those 10,000 people seem irrelevant.
10,000 people are murdered every year with guns. It is not 10,000 people one time in this country. It is every year. From 2009 to 2019, that is 100,000 people murdered with guns.
How many do there have to be before it is important to you?

Yeah, but all but two of those 10,000 were committed in Chicago.

1A. Have Democrats stop releasing violent felons from prison early.

California Mass Murderer Was Released from Prison Early by Democrats

Remember the cop killer in Texas? He would pass all those stupid regulations of yours.

No, you don't get to steal my property when I die stupid. It's mine. I paid for it. I own it. You don't get to just toss out all rights in this country.

Forum List

Back