The Gov't can FORCE you to fight in a war

Decepticon

Rookie
Jan 11, 2012
What in the HELL makes you think that you're exempted from Government mandates because of your religion?
Oh, catholics shouldn't be FORCED to provide birth control if it's against their religious beliefs. Freedom of religion.

You people are idiots. This is no more a first amendment issue than my aunt Sally.

If that's the case, I'd like my tax money back for the Iraq war which I found immoral and against MY religious beliefs. Can I do that? Was that argument even MADE? NO...because it's STUIPD!

Let me know when citizens get to pick and choose where their tax money is spent when they HIRE REPRESENTATIVES to government to DO IT FOR THEM! Hear that you low-grade MORONS? WE HIRE PEOPLE TO DO THIS SORT OF STUFF FOR US! THAT'S WHO YOU HIRE AND FIRE to get what you want done. If you don't WANT Catholics being made to pay for birth control, then PUT POLITICIANS in office who won't do that. See how that works?

What this boils down to is more conservative whining that elections have consequences they don't like. Obama won. He passed his healthcare bill. Deal with it. Don't like it? Get more idiot republicans elected and you can change it. If not, then the will of the people has spoken and you should grow a set and learn to deal with it.

What this boils down to is more conservative whining that elections have consequences they don't like. Obama won. He passed his healthcare bill. Deal with it. Don't like it? Get more idiot republicans elected and you can change it. If not, then the will of the people has spoken and you should grow a set and learn to deal with it.

Most already get this simple concept,hence all the blubbering,something about the two parties working together??the bill passed because of back room deals,not so much the will of the people.

Most already get this simple concept,hence all the blubbering,something about the two parties working together??the bill passed because of back room deals,not so much the will of the people.

Not quite padawan. A consequence of an election can NEVER be someone losing their protected rights. Now if you want to debate whether Obamacare does that, that's for another thread. But just a blanket "we won, so screw you" doesn't work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65mtE2TN1w]LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS SGT. HULKA STRIPES - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned

Not quite padawan. A consequence of an election can NEVER be someone losing their protected rights. Now if you want to debate whether Obamacare does that, that's for another thread. But just a blanket "we won, so screw you" doesn't work.

What "right" is being "lost" here?
Oh, the RIGHT to selectively fund government policies that you agree with and NOT fund those you disagree with?
Find those rights in the Constitution and get back to me.

Or find me in the first amendment where it says people of religion don't have the same obligations to their country as an athiest?

What in the HELL makes you think that you're exempted from Government mandates because of your religion?
Oh, catholics shouldn't be FORCED to provide birth control if it's against their religious beliefs. Freedom of religion.

You people are idiots. This is no more a first amendment issue than my aunt Sally.

If that's the case, I'd like my tax money back for the Iraq war which I found immoral and against MY religious beliefs. Can I do that? Was that argument even MADE? NO...because it's STUIPD!

Let me know when citizens get to pick and choose where their tax money is spent when they HIRE REPRESENTATIVES to government to DO IT FOR THEM! Hear that you low-grade MORONS? WE HIRE PEOPLE TO DO THIS SORT OF STUFF FOR US! THAT'S WHO YOU HIRE AND FIRE to get what you want done. If you don't WANT Catholics being made to pay for birth control, then PUT POLITICIANS in office who won't do that. See how that works?

I agree with your point about it being hypocritical to say your tax dollars shouldn't go to abortion, but somebody who opposed the Iraq War couldn't say that their tax dollars shouldn't go to funding it. I disagree with your conclusion that that's a stupid argument, however. I'd personally like to see that standard applied to everything. If I don't agree with something I shouldn't be taxed for it.

So now you're telling us ObamaCare is a TAX? You better check with the DNC, I think they're going with a different strategy...

One of government's job is to protect the U.S. and its citizens, which sometimes results in going to war. Gov't gets its money via taxing U.S. citizens and they use that money to pay for the war (well, theoretically). This falls under the Powers of Congress/Constitution.

How does 'tax people to pay for other people's birth control' equate to the same thing as taxing people to pay for war?

I agree it's not a first amendment issue. But it is a violation of the ninth amendment, which applies to everyone - not just the religious.

You don't seem to understand the concept of constitutionally limited government. Elected officials can't just order us around willy nilly, regardless of whether they have popular support. The constitution protects minorities from being bullied by the majority by granting government only specific, limited powers. The ability to remove leaders via voting is a very weak protection compared to a judiciary dedicated to keeping government in line.

I have two words for you, conscientious objector.

By the way, forcing me to buy something from a private company is not a tax. Taxes, by definition of the Supreme Court, are collected to provide revenue for the government, they are not paid by me directly to anyone but the government. Anything that does not meet that definition is not a tax.

Last edited:

Not even going to give you the satisfaction of a response to this pile of drivel.

Oh, the RIGHT to selectively fund government policies that you agree with and NOT fund those you disagree with?

Or find me in the first amendment where it says people of religion don't have the same obligations to their country as an athiest?

Uh what? I oppose Obamacare as unconstitutional based on the individual mandate not based on what the government spends its money on.

They don't. For example, religious organizations are tax exempt.

Psst. First Amendment bro, and don't guess you've ever heard of a conscientious objector either.

Funding defense of the nation... yep, Constitution has that covered.

Forcing me to pay for something that is against my faith.... yep, that's covered too.

(Insert optional deity here) bless the Founding Fathers. Rocking Individuals!

Forum List

Back