The Government May Still Shut Down

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
On Friday, The White House and the GOP came to a budget agreement to fund the government for the rest of Fiscal Year 2011, averting a government shutdown.

But they didn't actually vote on the deal. They voted on a 1-week continuing resolution so they could wrangle up the details for an official vote this week. And that might not work out.
The buzz out of DC is that the number of GOPers who will vote "no" is growing.

If they're smart? They will vote NO. Bat the brick back at Obama and the Democrats...

ARTICLE

I think it is a done deal,imo.

I do think, however, that the Republicans need to pass a bill to fund the military in a government shutdown scenario so that they can avoid the dilemma they faced last week.

I believe they are saving their ammo for the upcoming debt ceiling debate and the upcoming budget, which is going to be PAINFUL for the Dems to stomach.

I do think, however, that the Republicans need to pass a bill to fund the military in a government shutdown scenario so that they can avoid the dilemma they faced last week.

I believe they are saving their ammo for the upcoming debt ceiling debate and the upcoming budget, which is going to be PAINFUL for the Dems to stomach.

ALL they need do if und evrything under Article 1, Section 8...they are Obligated to do so...(And that includes the Military)...

Everything else? Can sweat...as they enjoy a furlough...

ALL they need do if und evrything under Article 1, Section 8...they are Obligated to do so...(And that includes the Military)...

I'm fine with saving the fight for the debt ceiling debate.

My hope, for starters, is defunding Obamacare if they want it raised a single dollar. That is 105 Billion right off the top.

I say, move along, and plan for battle. These next two debates are going to be vicious. We are talking trillions of dollars under proposals such as Ryan's plan. Let this 38.5 billion as opposed to 61 Billion not provide a road block to the real meat, imo.

I'm fine with saving the fight for the debt ceiling debate.

My hope, for starters, is defunding Obamacare if they want it raised a single dollar. That is 105 Billion right off the top.

I say, move along, and plan for battle. These next two debates are going to be vicious. We are talking trillions of dollars under proposals such as Ryan's plan. Let this 38.5 billion as opposed to 61 Billion not provide a road block to the real meat, imo.

Agreed. And I still HOPE that Gubmint shuts down as a message to the TAKERS in this society that the Taxpayers are aware...and aren't gonna pay their way any longer.

A shot across the BOW.

just outta curiousity, how much would we save (as opposed to spend) if the gov did shut down?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLxSOWIlzQ0&feature=uploademail]YouTube - PolitiZoid - Lights Out[/ame]

Forum List

Back