The Government And Our Economics

John Fox

Rookie
Sep 27, 2014
I really don't understand our government and there way of handling our economics. If I can balance my checkbook, why can't the government balance it's budget? Its not that hard. I think the government needs my help is running our economy. I can balance my checkbook.

Most(a lot?) of Americans have a mortgage. Same with our debt.

But we can pick items to cut. I name stadiums as number one.

I really don't understand our government and there way of handling our economics. If I can balance my checkbook, why can't the government balance it's budget? Its not that hard. I think the government needs my help is running our economy. I can balance my checkbook.

It's more like having a credit card with a balance every month and only paying the interest. Only our states have to balance the budgets. At the Federal level they can charge it and as long as people buy our T-Bills everything will be fine.

I think one thing we should do is not raise the debt ceiling. We should not take on more debt.

Try balancing your checkbook with anticipated income. Then get back with us.

I think one thing we should do is not raise the debt ceiling. We should not take on more debt.
Don't think of the huge number as the scary part. Think of its equally scarry percentage of our GDP as the important number.

Like if I make 100,000 a year I can afford a 300,000 home with a two grand a month house payment. If I make 20,000 a year maybe not.

Because if we take on too much debt and China asks us to pay it back and we don't have the money then they can come over here and take over America to pay for the debt.

According to some local Tea Party members I've talked to, that's what could happen. America needs to stop taking on debt and balance its budget. It really isn't that hard. Sometimes I wonder if the government is in conspiracies with China to join together and take our freedom away.

According to some local Tea Party members I've talked to, that's what could happen. America needs to stop taking on debt and balance its budget. It really isn't that hard. Sometimes I wonder if the government is in conspiracies with China to join together and take our freedom away.

Yes that seems to be your issue. Take a few economics courses and you'll know better. While I do agree with some things the Tea Party says and stands for, that is just complete BS and they should know better.

I respectully disagree with you.

The government needs to tone down it's spending. We can spur job growth by abolishing the minumum wage. that's a start.

You don't think economists would agree? Companies could hire more workers and therefore lower the unemployment rate if we abolished the minumum wage.

dear, Republicans have introduced 30 Balanced Budget Amendments since Jefferson's first and liberals killed everyone! It is critical that you recognize who is responsible. Do you understand?

Last edited:
I respectully disagree with you.

The government needs to tone down it's spending. We can spur job growth by abolishing the minumum wage. that's a start.

a tiny tiny start but stiil ok. We could have 50 million new jobs tomorrow by,
1) eliminating corporate tax
2) making unions illegal again
3) shipping 20 million illegals back home

The current generation thinks like you do for the most part John Fox. It relies on debit cards and not credit cards. Poor economic policies are going to burden your generation for money that did nothing for you.

The current generation thinks like you do for the most part John Fox. It relies on debit cards and not credit cards. Poor economic policies are going to burden your generation for money that did nothing for you.

Unless the begin to vote Republican in large numbers!

You don't think economists would agree? Companies could hire more workers and therefore lower the unemployment rate if we abolished the minumum wage.

Think this one out one step further. What will YOU do for me for $2 an hour? Come on over. I have unskilled labor waiting to happen at my house. I might even give you $4 an hour. Thats $32 a day.

Forum List

Back