The Gospel of Unbelief

dilloduck said:
Cool--Libertarian propagada !!

No. It is in the beginning, then it morphs into peacenik one world order crap.

"You do not have the right to ask a government to use force on your behalf," is a quote from the video. I say bullshit. Of course I do.

rtwngAvngr said:
Atheism is a relgion?

Divert. You mean like documents diverted to sandy Berger's socks?

No. That's why you have to evaluate and choose which religion you believe is MOST CLOSELY COMPLIANT with your beliefs, if you want to look at it that way. If you believe the west is the great satan which must be subjugated t o allah and disabused of its mass consumeristic free culture, then you should go with islam. if you want (other) stick with the christians, just for your own self interest, if not for Jaaayasus.
Either we allow intolerant islam to subjugate us. Or we take measures to stop it.

look out dude----libertarianism is being forced on you

dilloduck said:
look out dude----libertarianism is being forced on you

Oh yeah. Libertarians have that kooky anti "imperialism" notion. Screw that. Imperialism rocks.

rtwngAvngr said:
Atheism is a relgion?
Yes.
rtwngAvngr said:
Divert. You mean like documents diverted to sandy Berger's socks?
Still diverting? Why not answer the question?
rtwngAvngr said:
No. That's why you have to evaluate and choose which religion you believe is MOST CLOSELY COMPLIANT with your beliefs, if you want to look at it that way. If you believe the west is the great satan which must be subjugated t o allah and disabused of its mass consumeristic free culture, then you should go with islam. if you want (other) stick with the christians, just for your own self interest, if not for Jaaayasus.
Either we allow intolerant islam to subjugate us. Or we take measures to stop it.
You want to discuss subjugation by Islam now? You're really uncomfortable with that question, aren't you? It applies to them too, you know. Why not answer the question?

rtwngAvngr said:

"You do not have the right to ask a government to use force on your behalf," is a quote from the video. I say bullshit. Of course I do.
Typical anti-liberty revisionism.

"You do not have the right to ask a government to initiate force on your behalf."

LOki said:
Typical anti-liberty revisionism.

"You do not have the right to ask a government to initiate force on your behalf."

Not a big difference, einstein.

rtwngAvngr said:
What is your question?
Why do the religious feel so superior in their faith, that it is is so different than the faith of others, that it is a fair refutation of confirmed observations and measurments of reality, so much so that adherents to their faith are justified in their burning, hanging, stoning, quartering, eviscerating, impaling, pressing, racking and just plain murdering of those who do not believe as they do?

LOki said:
Why do the religious feel so superior in their faith, that it is is so different than the faith of others, that it is a fair refutation of confirmed observations and measurments of reality, so much so that adherents to their faith are justified in their burning, hanging, stoning, quartering, eviscerating, impaling, pressing, racking and just plain murdering of those who do not believe as they do?

False premise. only SOME faiths advocate that type of horrid physical conversion or treatment of nonbelievers. Islam does, for instance, while christianity does not. How do they justify it to themselves? They think god is telling them to. I think he catholic church has had some inquisitions and such, buth that's not really bibilically supported to my knowledge.

rtwngAvngr said:

Interesting how it fails to resolve the problem when individual rights clash.

LOki said:

Why are you so ignorant of sprituality and comfortable making incredulously bizzarre generalizations? Why are you so blind that you cannot see that YOU yes YOU are trying to impose a value system on others.

rtwngAvngr said:
False premise.
Really? If your reply is any indication, it's not. You continue with:
rtwngAvngr said:
only SOME faiths advocate that type of horrid physical conversion or treatment of nonbelievers. Islam does, for instance, while christianity does not.
The bible says otherwise, and there would be some pagans, atheists, "witches," heretics, Jews and Muslims who might disagree with you if the Christians who first tortured and then murdered them had let them live to disagree--let's not belabor the point though, because my curiosity, and my question, about this is not limited to Christianity.
rtwngAvngr said:
How do they justify it to themselves? They think god is telling them to. I think he catholic church has had some inquisitions and such, buth that's not really bibilically supported to my knowledge.
Yes, "God told them to," clearly presumed in the question. The question remains unanswered:<blockquote>Why do the religious feel so superior in their faith, that it is is so different than the faith of others, that it is a fair refutation of confirmed observations and measurments of reality, so much so that adherents to their faith are justified in their burning, hanging, stoning, quartering, eviscerating, impaling, pressing, racking and just plain murdering of those who do not believe as they do?</blockquote>

LOki said:
Really? If your reply is any indication, it's not. You continue with:The bible says otherwise, and there would be some pagans, atheists, "witches," heretics, Jews and Muslims who might disagree with you if the Christians who first tortured and then murdered them had let them live to disagree--let's not belabor the point though, because my curiosity, and my question, about this is not limited to Christianity.Yes, "God told them to," clearly presumed in the question. The question remains unanswered:<blockquote>Why do the religious feel so superior in their faith, that it is is so different than the faith of others, that it is a fair refutation of confirmed observations and measurments of reality, so much so that adherents to their faith are justified in their burning, hanging, stoning, quartering, eviscerating, impaling, pressing, racking and just plain murdering of those who do not believe as they do?</blockquote>

Show me where christians are commanded to kill non believers. Give me chapter and verse.

dilloduck said:
Interesting how it fails to resolve the problem when individual rights clash.
If we are talking about rights, actual rights and not privileges granted by governement, then individual rights don't clash and it need not be addressed.

LOki said:
Really? If your reply is any indication, it's not. You continue with:The bible says otherwise, and there would be some pagans, atheists, "witches," heretics, Jews and Muslims who might disagree with you if the Christians who first tortured and then murdered them had let them live to disagree--let's not belabor the point though, because my curiosity, and my question, about this is not limited to Christianity.Yes, "God told them to," clearly presumed in the question. The question remains unanswered:<blockquote>Why do the religious feel so superior in their faith, that it is is so different than the faith of others, that it is a fair refutation of confirmed observations and measurments of reality, so much so that adherents to their faith are justified in their burning, hanging, stoning, quartering, eviscerating, impaling, pressing, racking and just plain murdering of those who do not believe as they do?</blockquote>

How is it that science can feel so superior to spirituality when it proves itself to be wrong about reality over and over and over?

rtwngAvngr said:
Show me where christians are commanded to kill non believers. Give me chapter and verse.
1st Kings 18: 17-40

Still trying to divert, eh?

Forum List

Back