The GOP position on Afghanistan has me in a box.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
6 months ago I had no problem seeing things through. Finish what you start and you break it you own it.

But events in recent months have caused me great concern for both our troops and the perception the world will have of us. Granted I'm not as worried about how reasonable perceive us but its the wackos we have to worry about. Many accused Bush of creating future terrorists. Well now things are even worse but rather than play the blame game we need a plan.

I'm not hearing a plan from any viable candidate nor from Obama. Obama was anti war and now many in the gop are as well so why the hell are we still there? None of the presidential hopefulls have a plan for Afghanistan beyond doubling down. It's blowing up in our faces and the politicians don't seem to care. WTF?

Paul makes sense on Afghanistan to an extent but I just can't support his over all foreign policy ideas. The rest of them, including Obama, all seem to be on the same page and from what I can tell the fucking page is BLANK.

We have to start treating our wars as wars and get off this humanitarian nonsense. Stop building societies and simply accomplish our military and security goals and no more.

Our troops are now in serious danger from our so called partners. GET THEM THE FUCK OUT.

No politician can, or has tried, to convince me of any reason for further occupation.

6 months ago I had no problem seeing things through. Finish what you start and you break it you own it.

But events in recent months have caused me great concern for both our troops and the perception the world will have of us. Granted I'm not as worried about how reasonable perceive us but its the wackos we have to worry about. Many accused Bush of creating future terrorists. Well now things are even worse but rather than play the blame game we need a plan.

I'm not hearing a plan from any viable candidate nor from Obama. Obama was anti war and now many in the gop are as well so why the hell are we still there? None of the presidential hopefulls have a plan for Afghanistan beyond doubling down. It's blowing up in our faces and the politicians don't seem to care. WTF?

Paul makes sense on Afghanistan to an extent but I just can't support his over all foreign policy ideas. The rest of them, including Obama, all seem to be on the same page and from what I can tell the fucking page is BLANK.

We have to start treating our wars as wars and get off this humanitarian nonsense. Stop building societies and simply accomplish our military and security goals and no more.

Our troops are now in serious danger from our so called partners. GET THEM THE FUCK OUT.

No politician can, or has tried, to convince me of any reason for further occupation.

Obama is playing to the ESTABLISHMENT. We have war profiteers on both sides and many that feel we need to be the worlds police dept.

I do not.

• Banned
We have bombers that can circle the globe. We have carriers at sea. We CAN keep terrorism in check without putting boots on the ground.

It's long overdue that we transform our military to properly face the threats. We are no longer fighting nations we are fighting ideology. There is no need for boots on the ground in todays wars.

Leave Afghanistan but let their leaders know if they don't keep the terrorists from forming camps our bombs will.

Barry doesn't have the heart for it so he conveniently forgot about the Troops. We bombed the snot out of Libya under NATO's flag but the Troops in Afghanistan can't even call in an artillery strike without doing a census on the target to find out if any civilians might be in the way.

I dono what to tell you Gramps... You either vote for Big Government and pray you agree with what they do or you don't. That is why I won't support anyone running but Paul. Actually I take that back, I might vote for Garry Johnson, I honestly hope he asks Paul to be his VP (to pull votes and bring attention) and that Paul accepts.

What I said is a true story, you can’t have it your way. Once you give the power to Government it’s no longer you choice, you lost that freedom.

As we debated in another thread, there was no declaration of war, we simply have military actions, there is a big difference. You never, ever have to win a military action, you don’t even have to have a defined mission. The next issue is that anyone can do them, Obama does Libya and looking like Syria. Newt and Santorum want to start “military actions” with Cuba.

Going to war was meant to be hard. We were never meant to have bases around the globe, it costs a lot, it pisses off people a lot. And your right, one person called it, Paul talked about how the “wars” would simply empower Al Qaida, and it did… Now it’s fun times watching Paul tell us how war with Iran will do the same thing only to have everyone call him crazy…

I’m not obsessed with Paul, there simply is no one else holding office that has any amount of power that represents small Government and a balanced budget, there is no one on the left or right that will end wars that have been going for 10 years and have failed to meet any meaningful benchmark when they were forced to set some. What is sad is this time is coming to an end, our choice after Paul is done this year is Big Government Republicans or Big Government Democrats… who’s policy sounds different when they tell you about it, yet is the same when they pass it.

Barry doesn't have the heart for it so he conveniently forgot about the Troops. We bombed the snot out of Libya under NATO's flag but the Troops in Afghanistan can't even call in an artillery strike without doing a census on the target to find out if any civilians might be in the way.

Obama does not want to be known as the war President, that is why he does things like he has. In the end Obama is worse than Bush, hell we are only out of Iraq because Bush set the timetable and we were kicked out, Obama wanted to stay longer.

Remember this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUbTW928sMU]The Eagles - Hotel California (with Lyrics in the Description) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back