The Goldwater Takedown

What is happening to Trump was done to Goldwater.

Ummm...nnnnnno. Goldwater never walked around claiming "I will be the greatest jobs president that god ever created", nor did he whine at three in the morning that some debate moderator asked him a pointed question, nor did he stand on stage mocking a disability because somebody wouldn't lie for him, nor did he start moaning and groaning that "three million illegals voted" to deny him the election, nor did he insert a characterization of his dick into a debate, nor did he disparage Mexicans, Muslims, women, veterans, the people of Iowa, protestors or "shithole countries". What's happening to Rump is what he's bringing on himself.

Like many fads and fashion trends, some things keep coming back around from time to time ... it seems 'Open Sedition / Treason' is in style again ... if you're a Democrat / Liberal / snowflake.

Ummm...nnnnnno. Goldwater never walked around claiming "I will be the greatest jobs president that god ever created", nor did he whine at three in the morning that some debate moderator asked him a pointed question, nor did he stand on stage mocking a disability because somebody wouldn't lie for him, nor did he start moaning and groaning that "three million illegals voted" to deny him the election, nor did he insert a characterization of his dick into a debate, nor did he disparage Mexicans, Muslims, women, veterans, the people of Iowa, protestors or "shithole countries". What's happening to Rump is what he's bringing on himself.

Trump is all about self promotion. Selling himself is what he does and what made him successful. I don't see how that qualifies as crazy.

Trump also does not have a silver tongue and is in the wrong party for the press to overlook non PC comments. I don't see how that makes him crazy either.

What did change in terms of getting elected vs. Goldwater not getting elected, is that the GOP was running against a candidate that by all rights was the most corrupt and unlikable candidate in US history with no real accomplishments. Only a trail of destruction and misery followed Hillary as she voted to go into Iraq in Congress and under Obama over saw the Libya and Syria fiascos.

There is truly nothing new under the sun.

well, that's not true.

YOu see, back in 1964, when a party fucked up and nominated an obviously crazy person, people had the good sense to vote for the other guy, even if they thought he was a little shifty, because you don't let a crazy person near the nukes.

Today, we have a bunch of people who were so angry and hateful that they ignored this bit of common sense.

You are right. Trump hasn't got to take any responsibility at all for how he is covered in the media. The media just hates him. It is clear for anyone to see.

well, that's not true.

YOu see, back in 1964, when a party fucked up and nominated an obviously crazy person, people had the good sense to vote for the other guy, even if they thought he was a little shifty, because you don't let a crazy person near the nukes.

Today, we have a bunch of people who were so angry and hateful that they ignored this bit of common sense.

Stating that he is crazy is obtuse, anyone can characterize a political foe doing that. I mean, I could point to the fact that Obama pulled troops out of Iraq against the advise of pretty much every expert he had to consult with, yet he did it anyway.

Then there is politicians like Nancy Pelosi. I could provide clip after clip of her suggesting that he is as nutty as a squirrel on speed, yet she is still in her political position as well.

Then there is the son of Jesse Jackson who won a seat in Chicago even though he was diagnosed with a bipolar disorder, so severe, that he could not campaign but still won cuz he had a "D" by his name and he was the son of Jesse Jackson and running in Dimutopia.

It is nothing more than a smear campaign that is baseless without a professional diagnosis.

And no, none of the arm chair political activist psychiatrists count. That can only be done in person one to one and they all damn well know it.

Goldwater was not a clown and a con man. He was simply a politician who was on the wrong side of too many issues.

I still get a chuckle every time I remember Hillary said that she was a Goldwater girl at one time.

Hilarious.

Trump is all about self promotion. Selling himself is what he does and what made him successful. I don't see how that qualifies as crazy.

The principle doesn't. The degree does. When you're sitting up at four in the morning firing off petulant tweets because some obscure tweeter didn't worship you ---- you got issues. Deep issues.

Trump also does not have a silver tongue and is in the wrong party for the press to overlook non PC comments. I don't see how that makes him crazy either.

Does not apply. See above. Agreed, he doesn't have a silver tongue, he has a silver spoon. But here again, see above --- he "has the best words" and is "very smart" and has a "very good brain".

Imagine a Bush or a Kennedy or a Roosevelt or a Reagan saying any of that. Imagine ANYBODY saying that.

What did change in terms of getting elected vs. Goldwater not getting elected, is that the GOP was running against a candidate that by all rights was the most corrupt and unlikable candidate in US history with no real accomplishments.

I don't get why somebody inserted the word "against" in this sentence. It's was perfect until that showed up.
POTUS is after all the first actual job Rump's ever held in his life.

Only a trail of destruction and misery followed Hillary as she voted to go into Iraq in Congress and under Obama over saw the Libya and Syria fiascos.

Iraq was a royal fuckup and everybody who went along with it had no stones. And Rump was one of them. Even though he lied about it.

well, that's not true.

Yeah, your party put Hillary on the ballot. So then you get Trump. Thank you for helping elect the greatest president ever.

well, that's not true.

So you're saying Democrats nominated a bad candidate in 64 because that was before the parties switched sides -- right

The principle doesn't. The degree does. When you're sitting up at four in the morning firing off petulant tweets because some obscure tweeter didn't worship you ---- you got issues. Deep issues.

Does not apply. See above. Agreed, he doesn't have a silver tongue, he has a silver spoon. But here again, see above --- he "has the best words" and is "very smart" and has a "very good brain".

Imagine a Bush or a Kennedy or a Roosevelt or a Reagan saying any of that. Imagine ANYBODY saying that.

What did change in terms of getting elected vs. Goldwater not getting elected, is that the GOP was running against a candidate that by all rights was the most corrupt and unlikable candidate in US history with no real accomplishments.

I don't get why somebody inserted the word "against" in this sentence. It's was perfect until that showed up.

Only a trail of destruction and misery followed Hillary as she voted to go into Iraq in Congress and under Obama over saw the Libya and Syria fiascos.

Iraq was a royal fuckup and everybody who went along with it had no stones. And Rump was one of them. Even though he lied about it.

Donald Trump's few voices are his tweets. That is because he is dealing with a press core that was secretly giving Hillary debate questions before the debates. Tweets the press can't stop. All they can do is tell the world how crazy he is and not report any good things that he may do.

As for telling people how great he is, Trump sells himself. That what has made him a successful businessman. Whether he believes it or not is another matter

As for Iraq, Trump did not cast his vote to go into Iraq, Hillary did.

Also, Hillary wanted to set up a "no fly zone" in Syria, which is code for regime change. With Russia in the mix Trump said that this was crazy, and he was right. Thanks God Hillary was not in there to start another war.

You still fail to make your case.

Donald Trump's few voices are his tweets. That is because he is dealing with a press core that was secretly giving Hillary debate questions before the debates. Tweets the press can't stop. All they can do is tell the world how crazy he is and not report any good things that he may do.

As for telling people how great he is, Trump sells himself. That what has made him a successful businessman. Whether he believes it or not is another matter

It's pretty obvious he does not. That's exactly why he has to stay up all night compensating. Now perhaps he's correct to hold such a worthless opinion of himself but it's not necessary to spew one's ego all over everybody else's face just to make oneself feel better. Nobody likes an obnoxious asshole.

As for Iraq, Trump did not cast his vote to go into Iraq, Hillary did.

Rump did not HAVE a vote to cast, now did he. He didn't even have a job then. Not that he needed the income from one -- that's not the point of never having held a job. Rather the point is he's never in his life taken on any responsibility for anything, never had to meet somebody else's expectations --- which is what, aside from a salary, a job would entail, and build character. His entire life has been self-indulgence. What an astute choice to put into the most responsible job in the world huh? Not unlike hiring Stephen Hawking to run a marathon.

Also, Hillary wanted to set up a "no fly zone" in Syria, which is code for regime change. With Russia in the mix Trump said that this was crazy, and he was right. Thanks God Hillary was not in there to start another war.

You still fail to make your case.

Actually I already made the case, and you keep trying to shift that case to this "Hillary" thing to change the subject.. That right there demonstrates the case is made. It also earns me yet another nickel in royalties for use of Pogo's Law. I think I should get an extra nickel since you're derailing your own thread.

"Hillary" is not the POTUS -- Rump is. DEAL with that.

well, that's not true.

So you're saying Democrats nominated a bad candidate in 64 because that was before the parties switched sides -- right

I always say the Republicans should have nominated Margaret Chase Smith. Would have been a whole different ball game.

But no.

Forum List

Back